Guest being moved from a 4 day to a 7 day sailing due to new vax requirements?

I’m seeing this email floating around on social media. We are due to cruise with our kids in about a month and keeping a very close eye on these situations. Is this really a thing? 

Dear Guest,

We have made multiple unsuccessful attempts to contact you via the phone number listed on your booking. Because we have been unable to contact you, we have been unable to review alternate options for your upcoming sailing.

Your sailing has been upgraded to a 7-night sailing on Harmony of the Seas – departing on 03/13, in an Ocean View Balcony. Additionally, we are adding $300 Onboard Credit per stateroom and complimentary passes to Thrill Water Park.

We understand this is an unexpected change to your vacation plans and you may also choose to cancel for a full refund and 100% Future Cruise Certificates. In order to select the cancellation option, please respond to this email and we will take care of the rest.

For any shore excursions and Cruise Planner purchases already made, you will be refunded. To add any shore excursions or beverage/dining packages, we have contacted our shipboard team and they will work to accommodate you once you arrive onboard.

We truly look forward to welcoming you onboard!

Thank you,

Casey Hauck
Guest Experience Management
Logo, company name

Description automatically generated

So is this supposedly happening to families with unvax kids in the 5-11 range so they can hit the 5% or less unvax rate? And it's believable because harmony is bigger so can have more unvax kids? 

I highly doubt they'd move you from indy (maybe Mariner) to harmony for free. Just doesn't make sense. Plus I believe emails changing or canceling your cruise are usually signed by the VP of customer experience (I think that's the right title).

I could be wrong, but my guess is BS.

32 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Your situation is unclear to me.

What is your original booking?  Ship, date, length of cruise, type of accommodation?

OP did not receive this letter. OP is saying that people on Facebook are claiming to have received this letter moving them from a four night cruise to a seven night cruise, and OP is wondering if this is real. 

The letter says the recipient of the letter can accept the change, or receive a refund AND a 100% FCC. 

I can see it now, a future revenue stream for Royal - *Royal Up to a longer cruise, different ship!

*valid only for current bookings during spring break, summer, and holiday weeks, unvaccinated passengers required.

Edited by ocean sounds
Edit

33 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Looks like a phishing email to me. Are we sure Casey Hauck isn't some Nigerian prince and he needs the reader to just deposit $10 grand here to hold their free upgrade! 🙂

I can see it happening. There have been situations where other cruisers with unvaccinated children were moved to a different cruise due to the 95% vaccinated rate.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I can see it happening. There have been situations where other cruisers with unvaccinated children were moved to a different cruise due to the 95% vaccinated rate.

Interesting!  Are there other CC threads on this subject already?  

1 hour ago, ocean sounds said:

Interesting!  Are there other CC threads on this subject already?  

There was a thread where families with unvaxxed kids were offered both a fcc and a refund to not sail ...last fall maybe? So it has happened post covid is why people say well it's possible. 

Sometime early after restart I can remember but not recently. But it was only recently rcl opted into the 95% and even I was asking what will they do with the extra kids on holiday sailings. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Janet524 said:

Easy enough to find out if it's legit.  Call RC or your travel agent and check.  IMO, it's either a scam or someone "inventing" things on Facebook.

Rcl isnt going to tell you about a email addressed to another family. 

If it's legit probably someone will maybe eventually post it here. We dont get access to private addressed emails unless they are shared. 

• Like 1

While I am not on this sailing and have not received this email. I have personally spoken on the phone and emailed with Casey regarding an issue on my previous NYE Odyssey sailing. He is a real person. I don't know on the email with his name and no actual email address details provided. 

• Thanks 1