How are the Swans doing 2022??

LOL, you guys almost had me. I saw a string of Swans emails from this thread. I scratched my head thinking, did I miss a week? I thought they weren't playing until next Friday.

Maybe we could call them the Swanettes?

Go Swanettes!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

LOL, you guys almost had me. I saw a string of Swans emails from this thread. I scratched my head thinking, did I miss a week? I thought they weren't playing until next Friday.

Maybe we could call them the Swanettes?

Go Swanettes!

Yes, thought it might get your heart pumping.

The funny thing is that their season is just starting as the other one is finishing 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, thought it might get your heart pumping.

The funny thing is that their season is just starting as the other one is finishing 

Oh yeah, my heart was pumping. Not least because I thought I slept thru a week. I'm getting old and this isn't entirely out of the question 😁

Good one mate!

Swans win by 22 points, and qualify for a preliminary final at the SCG in 2 weeks. Massive massive result for the club. We're a bit ahead on where I thought we would be at the start of the season, so that's great. I still think Geelong will be a bit too strong this year.. but who knows? 

Melbourne have to do it the hard way now, hosting Brisbane at home, before meeting the winner of Geelong vs Collingwood.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

So happy the Swans won. I was a little worried when I read Leigh's updates but it turned out OK. Another 2 week wait now.

And no tricks from Mic this time 😁

Go Swans! (and Swanettes)!

I watched the 2nd half of last night's game on the cruise ship ( last night of our 1st Ocean cruise since covid. 30 months of no cruising was tough. It was a great effort by all.

I wonder why that Demon who coat hangered and laid out the Swan (44) wasn't sent off. It was disgusting as he never looked a going for the ball and raised his arms to take out the player

I promise no more tricks, BTW the women play the pies tomorrow 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I watched the 2nd half of last night's game on the cruise ship ( last night of our 1st Ocean cruise since covid. 30 months of no cruising was tough. It was a great effort by all.

I wonder why that Demon who coat hangered and laid out the Swan (44) wasn't sent off. It was disgusting as he never looked a going for the ball and raised his arms to take out the player

No send off rule in AFL Mic.

10 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I watched the last quarter of Demons--Bulldogs last night, well actually early this morning. It was still close when I started watching but the Dees took over as the quarter progressed.

How did you enjoy your first cruise back? Was it the same as you remembered? I feel like I will be very rusty when we finally travel/cruise in late October. I have forgotten a lot...

I don't know if you could another item to get my heart pumping like the Swanettes, but give it a shot 😉. Hope they win.

Go Swans!

24 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

BTW that was the Dockers playing he Western bulldogs.

The draw for next week, 

Collingwood Magpies vs Fremantle Dockers, winner plays Sydney.

Melbourne Demons vs Brisbane Lions, winner plays Geelong.

Oops, yeah, I knew that, just brain fade. Told you I was old!!

Hmm, who would we prefer to see playing the Swans?? I guess the Brisbane Lions?

Nice to hear you enjoyed your cruise. And another in 8 days--I am totally jealous 😛

Go Swans!

Brisbane will not play the Swans unless they somehow beat Melbourne and then Geelong. I don't see it happening.

My guess is Collingwood travel up to the SCG for a rematch of our recent classic match. It will be a tough game.  I would think that the top 4 will face off in the prelims, so Geelong vs Melbourne and Sydney vs Collingwood.  My bet is Geelong vs Sydney in the Grand Final, which will be just swell because Geelong are my wife (and her parents) team.

Before the finals series I was tipping Geelong to be premiers this year and I haven't seen anything that would make me change my mind - they are a class above when they get going. Having said that, IMO any of the top 4 has a legitimate claim and could win it if they just happen to be better on the day.

So my tips are:

Melbourne def Brisbane

Collingwood def Fremantle

Geelong def Melbourne

Sydney def Collingwood

Geelong def Sydney

I'd love to be wrong about that last one though of course 😉 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, losfp said:

Brisbane will not play the Swans unless they somehow beat Melbourne and then Geelong. I don't see it happening.

My guess is Collingwood travel up to the SCG for a rematch of our recent classic match. It will be a tough game.  I would think that the top 4 will face off in the prelims, so Geelong vs Melbourne and Sydney vs Collingwood.  My bet is Geelong vs Sydney in the Grand Final, which will be just swell because Geelong are my wife (and her parents) team.

Before the finals series I was tipping Geelong to be premiers this year and I haven't seen anything that would make me change my mind - they are a class above when they get going. Having said that, IMO any of the top 4 has a legitimate claim and could win it if they just happen to be better on the day.

So my tips are:

Melbourne def Brisbane

Collingwood def Fremantle

Geelong def Melbourne

Sydney def Collingwood

Geelong def Sydney

I'd love to be wrong about that last one though of course 😉 

I can't argue with that.

Only that Geelong looked fumbly when Collingwood restricted their space in the first quarter, but it opened up for them later. Hopefully the Swans can go 4 quarters like they did on Saturday - if they get there of course. Collingwood is still a big hurdle.

• Like 2