How are the Swans doing 2022??

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Only that Geelong looked fumbly when Collingwood restricted their space in the first quarter,

Yep, Collingwood just couldn't keep up the pressure. This is something that Sydney did really well against Melbourne so we will see.

The funny thing is that even if Sydney and Geelong qualify for the grannie, there's sort of no recent head-to-head form to analyse.  They won't have met since round 3 (Buddy's 1000th goal), and both teams have evolved a LOT since then.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

Preliminary Final locked in for

Saturday 17 Sep 4.45pm

SCG

Sydney Swans v winner of Collingwood/Fremantle game.

Hmm, I wonder if it will be on here. That time could be reasonable here. Must go search...

Go Swans!

Brisbane Lions beat Melbourne Demons in a very close game last night. They go on to meet Geelong next week.

I think the Melbourne fans will be very disappointed in the result and especially some of the inconsistent calls by the umpires. I hope today's umpiring is better.

11 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Brisbane Lions beat Melbourne Demons in a very close game last night. They go on to meet Geelong next week.

I think the Melbourne fans will be very disappointed in the result and especially some of the inconsistent calls by the umpires. I hope today's umpiring is better.

We were a divided family last night - husband, son and his family are Dees and son in law and and younger grandson are Lions. Husband, son, son in law and grandsons all were at the match. I wasn't sure if I was being biased but there certainly were some inconsistent calls. But if Melbourne had kicked accurately, they may have been further ahead at halftime and perhaps Brisbane may not have got back into the game. Anyway, I'm now on the Lions' bandwagon. Not sure they can beat Geelong though. 

• Like 1

I think the smart money is on a Geelong vs Sydney grand final. But you'd be mad to count Collingwood out. You don't finish 4th by accident, and they have made it a habit to be just good enough to get the win this season.  I feel Sydney is still favoured in that prelim, but it's far from a sure thing.

I'm more confident picking Geelong to beat Brisbane.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, losfp said:

I think the smart money is on a Geelong vs Sydney grand final. But you'd be mad to count Collingwood out. You don't finish 4th by accident, and they have made it a habit to be just good enough to get the win this season.  I feel Sydney is still favoured in that prelim, but it's far from a sure thing.

I'm more confident picking Geelong to beat Brisbane.

Sydney finished 3rd, and it wasn't by accident either, often coming over the top of teams in the 3rd and 4th quaters.

• Like 1