How are the Swans doing 2022??

Hi mates

Well, it's spring and I believe another AFL season is about to be sprung (at least that's what I hear from possum52 a very credible source) 😁 I haven't been paying  a lot of attention to CC these past 2 years but now I see a glimmer of light on the horizon. I know it's been a tough few years Down Under--fires, covid, recent floods. I am wondering if you have locusts?? If so, you may want to keep an eye out 😉

So, what are your predictions for AFL this season? Who are the favorites? Any good rumors out there, whether or not they have passed rumor control? I'll start--Swans make the playoffs but finish 2nd to...the Lions.

Hope everyone is well and you all have cruises in your near future, although I guess Australia hasn't quite opened cruising up yet.

ML

Hello, welcome back

i think that the Swans will make the 8, but not last long in the finals.  Really don’t think they have been through enough renewal players.

Top 3 should be Melbourne, Western Bulldogs and Brisbane. Richmond will be there abouts, but also on the decline.

my West Coast Eagles will have a rest this year.

Hi Docker

Nice to hear from you again. I hope all is well and none of the recent bad events have touched you.

I was tempted to go Melbourne, but they seem to be the favorites so I decided to take a slight underdog.

Looking forward to an exciting season. Will the games all be played at home venues with full crowds this season?

Sorry you're not sure about the Eagles. Maybe we can share a pint and  commiserate as the season progresses? 😉

On 3/14/2022 at 7:12 AM, NoWhiners said:

Hi mates

I know it's been a tough few years Down Under--fires, covid, recent floods. I am wondering if you have locusts?? If so, you may want to keep an eye out 😉

We did have a plague in NSW this time last year but it mice no locusts.

Video deleted. A bit too biblical.

Try this one instead

Edited by lyndarra

13 hours ago, lyndarra said:

We did have a plague in NSW this time last year but it mice no locusts.

Video deleted. A bit too biblical.

Try this one instead

After you wrote that, I remembered reading about this. Mice >> locusts?? They both seem annoying. How did they get rid of them? That video showed a farmer catching them in a giant tub of water, that seemed pretty good.

Thanks for reminding me. Seems to me you are due for some good luck soon.

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

After you wrote that, I remembered reading about this. Mice >> locusts?? They both seem annoying. How did they get rid of them? That video showed a farmer catching them in a giant tub of water, that seemed pretty good.

Thanks for reminding me. Seems to me you are due for some good luck soon.

Mother nature in the form of la nina stepped in and we are still reeling from the effects - flooding.

The NSW mouse plague appears to be over, but the damage has been done - ABC News

Yes, I read that Australia has decided to open up to cruising--mid-April? I expect there is as much pent up demand Down Under as we have here. And let's hope covid doesn't have any more mutant surprises for us.

5 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Yes, I read that Australia has decided to open up to cruising--mid-April? I expect there is as much pent up demand Down Under as we have here. And let's hope covid doesn't have any more mutant surprises for us.

The ban stops mid April but it will take the cruiselines a bit longer to restart cruising here. There is a lot of demand so prices are higher as well.

Yes good start to the season, but it's a long season, as they say 😄

Great effort from the Swans' midfield brigade to chip in with goals - Luke Parker and Ollie Florent in particular. Buddy serving basically as a decoy all night.

Onto Friday's match against Geelong (my wife's team). Yay......