How are the Swans doing 2022??

JAYSUS.

I don't think I've hugged so many complete strangers at the SCG since the night Nick Davis kicked 4 last quarter goals to win us a semi-final against Geelong in 2005.

Though today that comes with an added risk of COVID.

Oh well, it would have been worth it.

Collingwood brought a great game - they almost pulled it off too, and I think we were lucky to escape with the win. Still, all you need is to be one point in front when the siren goes, and we got that.

Now to the fun of organising next week. My team in a grand final with my wife (and her family)'s team. Yaaaayyyyyyyy

• Like 2

Go Swans!!

So happy to wake up and read all the emails--the tension slowly built as I went thru them. And then, it skipped the final score so I had to rush here to check out what happened. It was almost like being there--almost. Wish I could have seen it.

It might have been on TV here last night but I was so tired, I couldn't stay awake even to check. Thanks for posting Mic. I think the GF is usually televised here, I'll have to go search for it.

And to think, all those months ago I picked the Swans 2nd to the Lions 😆 Just shows that us yanks don't have a clue about AFL. And maybe some other stuff...but that's for a different thread!

Counting the minutes until the GF.

Go Swans!

6 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Go Swans!!

So happy to wake up and read all the emails--the tension slowly built as I went thru them. And then, it skipped the final score so I had to rush here to check out what happened. It was almost like being there--almost. Wish I could have seen it.

It might have been on TV here last night but I was so tired, I couldn't stay awake even to check. Thanks for posting Mic. I think the GF is usually televised here, I'll have to go search for it.

And to think, all those months ago I picked the Swans 2nd to the Lions 😆 Just shows that us yanks don't have a clue about AFL. And maybe some other stuff...but that's for a different thread!

Counting the minutes until the GF.

Go Swans!

No worries, as I am cruising, I watched it in my stateroom as the weather was too wet and windy for MUTS screen up on deck.

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Buddy has signed a 1 year contract extension.

nowhiners had better plan a trip for next year to see him again.

Way to go Buddy!!

I am soooo ready to go back to Australia. We are supposed to go to the Galapagos in June so that may mess up a trip down under.

Thanks for posting the good news. I sure hope Buddy has another great year in him.

Sorry Swans supporters, not your day. Geelong, too good, too experienced and too strong. Swans' young players seemed overwhelmed by the big day.  Offical attendance - 100,024 biggest crowd since 1986. 

GF Final scores - Geelong 20.13.133  d Swans 8.7.52

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Sorry Swans supporters, not your day. Geelong, too good, too experienced and too strong. Swans' young players seemed overwhelmed by the big day.  Offical attendance - 100,024 biggest crowd since 1986. 

Swans were robbed like Qld Cowboys were last night. 
Swans needed. Warwick.

th.jpg.2932cc9b4e9f06d16151d207d369ccff.jpg

Edited by NSWP

Yeah it's an absolute massacre. Once the cats managed 6 goals in Q1, fate is literally sealed. Swans just can't find their pace to fight back.

As a cats supporter I'm happy tho.... 😄 After 11 years and multiple attempts (5 prelim and 1 GF) we're finally there again

Michael

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I hope that they didn’t show that game in New Mexico.

Woeful.

Yes, they showed it. Worse, I stayed up to watch. There's 3 hours of my life gone 😄 Woeful is very polite. It was ugly. Swans looked like they didn't even know how to play, never even saw a field.

7 hours ago, possum52 said:

Not their day indeed. They looked like total rubbish. Couldn't catch, couldn't kick, couldn't pass, couldn't stop the cats. Did I miss anything??

4 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Only one word for it: Massacre. Reminds me of the game Hawthorn vs Swans 2014 GF. Same result. only difference i was there 10 rows from front.

Massacre, now we're closing in on it. I can only imagine the headlines: Cats maul Swans, Cats chow down on Swans, Swans too slow for hungry Cats, Cats snooze, Swans lose. I'll stop now.

Such a disappointment, I didn't see a loss this lopsided coming. There's always next year...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NSWP said:

This old bloke is in mourning, his beloved Souths got hammered by the Penrith Panthers.  Our Mr Walker...Neil is probably still hungover from celebrating, lol'

244281103_932672673951982_5615881651271509826_n.thumb.jpg.9a72b4ab6d90f67446f4c48817da808b.jpg

Good win by the Panthers, they are looking very strong for the GF next week

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

This old bloke is in mourning, his beloved Souths got hammered by the Penrith Panthers.  Our Mr Walker...Neil is probably still hungover from celebrating, lol'

244281103_932672673951982_5615881651271509826_n.thumb.jpg.9a72b4ab6d90f67446f4c48817da808b.jpg

And this frequent flyer is not too happy either.  😂😂😂

1550F41C-DF12-4B9E-A2EA-924708748B3A.webp

• Haha 1

Well that was suboptimal. I bought my $400 ticket, drove down on the friday, drove back on sunday.

Geelong played basically the perfect game of footy. Zero bad disposals. Clinical, precise, intense. It was unbelievable to watch live. They would have carved up any team that day. We were just unfortunate to get in the way of a team absolutely primed for the game.  Swans could only play as well as Geelong allowed, and, spoiler alert, that meant not very well at all.

We were simply outclassed from the start and overawed by the situation. A few did their level best - Chad Warner, Robbie fox, James Rowbottom, Luke Parker... but some days you just turn up hoping for the best and learning that you are a long way off the standard required.

I am optimistic for the future though. We went in a year or two ahead of schedule IMO. We were on average 1cm shorter,  2kg lighter, 3 years younger and 50 games less experienced than the Cats. It would have needed a phenomenal performance to beat them. This group has the talent and the time to challenge for a few years to come.

Of course to top it off, afterwards I had to go and buy premiership merch for my wife. Such is life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, losfp said:

I am optimistic for the future though. We went in a year or two ahead of schedule IMO. We were on average 1cm shorter,  2kg lighter, 3 years younger and 50 games less experienced than the Cats. It would have needed a phenomenal performance to beat them. This group has the talent and the time to challenge for a few years to come.

Of course to top it off, afterwards I had to go and buy premiership merch for my wife. Such is life.

Nice way to put a positive slant on this setback. I wouldn't have taken it as well if I has invested as much as you--before and after 😁

Happy wife, happy life. Words to live by.

• 5 months later...

Wow, a Sydney Swans thread on a cruise board - talk about two interests colliding.

I have held a membership for 10 years and have been a fan for longer. My wife and I (all being well), will be flying to Australia in two weeks on our second trip to Australia.  Planned is three Swans games (and a few other AFL games) plus a short three day cruise between Melbourne and Sydney!

It is a long trip from our Sydney (Nova Scotia, Canada) to the "other Sydney" but we loved in 2018 and hope to have another great trip this time - hoping the travel gods are kind!

• Like 1