UK Sailing testing requirements

Denmal

6 minutes ago, kevinyork said:

We were sailing on Sky in October and used the drive through. I think P&O said specifically it was for those parking with CPS but Princess were not specifying that. 

We used CPS on our last cruise in October and used the drive through facility. It is not just for CPS. A few days before the cruise we received an email from Princess re the testing process recommending the drive through. They were not aware how we were arriving. 

34DD713D-07D5-405B-8D58-14455A8BF730.jpeg

I found this site offering people a supervised online test for £19.25. They mail it to you and you book an online consultation to do the supervised test.  They email the result within 30 mins.  Only of use if your U.K. based or if the hotel you are staying at pre cruise will accept the delivery of the test kit.

On a slight aside, I do feel a bit miffed that we are now expected to pay for the test when it was free until now for eX U.K. cruises.  It wasn’t a criteria when we booked the cruise so is in effect a small price increase on the cost of the cruise.  It is the cruise line making this a requirement since all testing for travel in the U.K. was dropped a few days ago.  

Edited by kevinyork
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Alcairns said:

We used CPS on our last cruise in October and used the drive through facility. It is not just for CPS. A few days before the cruise we received an email from Princess re the testing process recommending the drive through. They were not aware how we were arriving. 

Yes that’s what I thought. I wonder why P&O limited drive through to CPS users only but Princess said it was for any drivers?

48 minutes ago, Alcairns said:

46 minutes ago, kevinyork said:

Yes that’s what I thought. I wonder why P&O limited drive through to CPS users only but Princess said it was for any drivers?

The drive through testing is closing on 31 March and all tests are done in the terminal.

54 minutes ago, kevinyork said:

I don’t read it that way. The antigen test has to be taken within 2 days of embarkation.  A PCR can be up to 3 days. So unless they go for a PCR test then Thursday will be outside of the 2 day window.  

From Princess, if you have the booster you have 3 days for antigen.

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

Within 3 days

2 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

From Princess, if you have the booster you have 3 days for antigen.

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Sailing from U.K. shown as 2 days Antigen

DADA5697-09E4-4DAC-915A-6102DEAAE0B3.thumb.jpeg.acbccc7e19f953e88b9a53d2e7bd0a69.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

See the second box which I quoted re Boosters

Thanks.  I can’t see that on their site.  I must be missing something.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-southampton-cruises/

ah. Got it now, thanks

Edited by kevinyork

4 minutes ago, kevinyork said:

Thanks.  I can’t see that on their site.  I must be missing something.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-southampton-cruises/

It is the second box on the item you quoted to me. Look at your own post  You have "Fully Vacicinated" and then "Up to date" which includes boosters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alcairns said:

It was specified by Cunard and P&O in their e-mail notification that the drive thru was to be used by those only parking with CPS and any other people arriving by foot, taxi or using other parking companies should go direct to the terminal and be tested there. I cannot remember what Princess said when we went on Regal in September because we used so CPS I assumed that they would follow suit with Cunard and P&O as they all belong to the same company.

1 hour ago, Alcairns said:

Glad I am sailing on the 28th then.

If you are sailing on Sky Princess it states on Princess website that from 28th March sailing you will have to provide a LFT or CPR test proving you are negative of Covid at the terminal. So the free test will no longer be available if they do it at the terminal there will be a charge or you provide at your own cost result of LFT taken within 2 days before sailing or a CPR within 3 days.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

If you are sailing on Sky Princess it states on Princess website that from 28th March sailing you will have to provide a LFT or CPR test proving you are negative of Covid at the terminal. So the free test will no longer be available if they do it at the terminal there will be a charge or you provide at your own cost result of LFT taken within 2 days before sailing or a CPR within 3 days.

I know that! I am glad that i will be able to use the drive through facility!

51 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

It was specified by Cunard and P&O in their e-mail notification that the drive thru was to be used by those only parking with CPS and any other people arriving by foot, taxi or using other parking companies should go direct to the terminal and be tested there. I cannot remember what Princess said when we went on Regal in September because we used so CPS I assumed that they would follow suit with Cunard and P&O as they all belong to the same company.

Well obviously from the email I got Princess are doing things differently from the others. I do not think there is group coordination bearing in mind Princess are charging for the tests and Cunard and P&O are not! Yet!

5 hours ago, kevinyork said:

Not true. We sailed with P&O last month, didn’t use CPS but used the drive through.  

3 minutes ago, Aladdin22 said:

Not true. We sailed with P&O last month, didn’t use CPS but used the drive through.  

But P&O specifically said CPS users should use the drive through testing whereas Princess said all car driver. I’m just quoting what others have been told. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kevinyork said:

But P&O specifically said CPS users should use the drive through testing whereas Princess said all car driver. I’m just quoting what others have been told. 

Was on P&O Iona last month. Used Triangle parking and used the drive through with no problems. Nothing about only for CPS users 

11 hours ago, kevinyork said:

I don’t read it that way. The antigen test has to be taken within 2 days of embarkation.  A PCR can be up to 3 days. So unless they go for a PCR test then Thursday will be outside of the 2 day window.  

But if you are Vaxed and boosted....you have 3 days

10 hours ago, Aladdin22 said:

Was on P&O Iona last month. Used Triangle parking and used the drive through with no problems. Nothing about only for CPS users 

You could do it but their advice notes for testing at Southampton specifically mentioned drive through testing was for CPS users. 

2 hours ago, kevinyork said:

You could do it but their advice notes for testing at Southampton specifically mentioned drive through testing was for CPS users. 

Drive through testing ends at the end of March.

12 hours ago, Denmal said:

But if you are Vaxed and boosted....you have 3 days

7 hours ago, kevinyork said:

Thanks that’s ok.  I hadn’t scanned to the second line. 

Yes but this is Princess we are talking about?

Under  the sections you have quoted and spotted  there is a  FAQ  about what PROOF you need

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/uk-southampton-cruises/?accordion=covid-test-prior-to-boarding

The negative COVID-19 test result must include:

• Where the test was administered, including information such as the name and contact information for the laboratory or healthcare personnel who performed the test
  • Type of test (indicating it is a NAAT or antigen test)
  • A specimen collection date 2 days or less before cruise departure
  • Guest’s name and either date of birth, age, or passport number
  • A negative test result using words or phrases including:
    • Negative
    • Undetectable
    • SARS-CoV-2 RNA not detected
    • SARS-CoV-2 antigen not detected
    • COVID-19 not detected
    • Not reactive

Test results marked “invalid” are not accepted.

I am not sailing until 30 April so there is a chance I will get an answer to

Well is it 2 days or 3 days    that I have sent to various  sections of Princess UK