Military discount

No, the TA is incorrect. From the RCL website:

• All guests traveling in the same stateroom are eligible to receive the military rate. No additional staterooms, other than the one that is occupied by the military person is eligible for the military rate. Spouses, parents, in-laws, children or other family members or friends are not eligible for the military rate without the eligible military person occupying the stateroom. 

13 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

Travel agent told me I can book up to three cabins with my military discount. I’ve never heard this before and I’m trying to find out if it’s true.  Does anybody know for sure? Thanks 

As mentioned your TA is incorrect.  Also Military rates are few and far between on Roysl ships and vary in amount unlike other lines that offer a set discount on every sailing. 

I am retired military and whenever I have gotten a discount over the years it was just for my stateroom only. They don’t pop up on every cruise but they do have one for my current booked cruise in June on Independence. 

• Like 1

Psycho is retired military and we have only got the military discount a few times.  Most of our cruises have had other discounts applied and couldn't be combined with the military discount...Never tried booking more than room one using military discount.

Only have gotten the military discount 1x with Royal. My mother was on the same sailing was able to combine it with a senior discount so her room was actually lower than mine. There were also discounts for 1st responders. Unicorn cruise. Princess I believe knocks off $100 or they used to, need to submit your dd214 Royal never asked for it. 

2 hours ago, Marie51 said:

Travel agent told me I can book up to three cabins with my military discount. I’ve never heard this before and I’m trying to find out if it’s true.  Does anybody know for sure? Thanks 

Not always offered have to watch for it as not on all Cruises, but when found I've save 10K+ on dozen Cruises using Military. Sometimes it's offered most time not though is now offered lot more then 5-10yrs ago. Just checked, received Mil Discount on 4 of my 12 currently Booked Cruises, all combined with other Discounts

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Genuinely wishing RCCL would do it like Princess...

Submit your DD214 and receive obc.

$100 obc for 7N cruise.

$250 obc for 14N cruise or longer.

* You only have to submit your DD214 once, and you will automatically receive the military obc.

• Like 1