Walgreens rapid Naat Covid test

Is this test good for Royal?  We can't book it until about 5 days in advance and that has me worried.  The CVS near us that we used in the past only is doing PCR tests now and I dont want to wait that long for results. Quest Diagnostics through walmart is also doing PCR.  I like to schedule a second test as a backup but Im not sure what to do.  We test April 1st for our cruise leaving on April 3rd.  

I noticed the same regarding CVS near our house in Orlando. We have used them for rapid antigen tests in the past, seems like only PCR now. We sail next Sunday and I scheduled a rapid NAAT at Walgreens on Friday with a backup on Saturday. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, blondie from arizona said:

Can you tell me how much the NAAT test costs at Walgreens in FL? And the process.  From what I guess it is .... make an appt, show up, get tested, within 2 hrs they send you an e-mail, you show that to RCL rep at check in, and you are good to go?????

To this point I have not been charged at Walgreens Florida. I've had testing done there 3 times and will have it done again next Monday. Yes, make appointment and show up - I usually have to wait in line at drive thru 5-20 minutes. They will tell you it may be up to 24 hours for results but I haven't waited more than an hour or two. I always print out a copy of the results (and highlight name, date of test and negative result) for check in at the port just in case I can't access my email.

Edited by NRWPA
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, sharon&family said:

Is this test good for Royal?  We can't book it until about 5 days in advance and that has me worried.  The CVS near us that we used in the past only is doing PCR tests now and I dont want to wait that long for results. Quest Diagnostics through walmart is also doing PCR.  I like to schedule a second test as a backup but Im not sure what to do.  We test April 1st for our cruise leaving on April 3rd.  

Keep checking CVS.   We had the same issue last week and then the Antigen test popped up as an option 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rjrpar said:

Keep checking CVS.   We had the same issue last week and then the Antigen test popped up as an option 

I was told at CVS today when I got my test for Tuesday. Involved V/S, full medical and surgical history, medication review and if an V/S was abnormal then a trip to their NP. All to get my negative results. 

Yes, since Sept., been making appts for Covid tests rapid tests at CVS in South FL, About 4 weeks ago, they were no longer doing the rapid tests near us. Just this past weekend, they have the site back up. 

On 3/19/2022 at 7:20 PM, sharon&family said:

This test works great. We schedule ours on the Walgreens app one week ahead of the needed date. About a week ago the test name shown was IDNOW (which is a NAAT test) abd this week Walgreens updated the test name to: Rapid NAAT

We have boarded  Four different ships with this test. 

So far, we have not had to pay for it. Hope this helps. 

On 3/20/2022 at 11:08 AM, NRWPA said:

To this point I have not been charged at Walgreens Florida. I've had testing done there 3 times and will have it done again next Monday. Yes, make appointment and show up - I usually have to wait in line at drive thru 5-20 minutes. They will tell you it may be up to 24 hours for results but I haven't waited more than an hour or two. I always print out a copy of the results (and highlight name, date of test and negative result) for check in at the port just in case I can't access my email.

I do the same thing.  I do not rely on hotel or ship with my computer so I print out before I leave.

In face lately I leave computer at home.

Also for security in case phone is lost, I never use my email on the iphone.   Taking the time to print stuff out is best way. Yes I know techies say why waste paper, but if the phone has issues then you have backup.  Apps can stop working for various reasons.  

Today when I tried booking a test through CVS it asks a set of questions and said based on my answers I don’t qualify for a free test and it will be $139 per person. I can’t book Walgreens out as far, so I’m curious if they are changing their policy as well. I saw a news article saying the free tests will be ending, but I didn’t see a specific date. It said free vaccines are ending by 4/5. 

I was planning on using the eMed tests, but I wanted to schedule a backup in case something doesn’t work for my family. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Cutigerlady said:

Today when I tried booking a test through CVS it asks a set of questions and said based on my answers I don’t qualify for a free test and it will be $139 per person. I can’t book Walgreens out as far, so I’m curious if they are changing their policy as well. I saw a news article saying the free tests will be ending, but I didn’t see a specific date. It said free vaccines are ending by 4/5. 

I was planning on using the eMed tests, but I wanted to schedule a backup in case something doesn’t work for my family. 

Say 'Yes' to the first question, then 'No' to the next 3.  Should show that it's free then.

6 hours ago, deliver42 said:

We tested at Walgreens yesterday, and they were free. They didn't even ask to see our ins. cards, though it was on our application for the testing.

Were both the PCR/NAAT and Rapid test free?  I signed up for the PCR, my appointment is on 3/30, but now think I should take the Rapid if there's no cost to do so.  I want the test that is less sensitive and most guaranteed to get results sooner.  I hope I can change it when I arrive to be tested.

17 hours ago, Cutigerlady said:

I think in some areas of the country, CVS always comes back with that if your reason for testing was travel (as was true in my area, and then it also turned out the closest CVS that was doing any testing was well over 50 miles away).  Walgreens indeed for me never asked about that, and there was no charge.  (And as others have reported, while they ask you to bring your health cards, they never asked for mine at the test.)