Concierge Class on Summit-what really are benefits?

cruisegal415

We are doing a theme cruise next week. We were on a waiting list for two years and last year, when a concierge class room came available we grabbed it up.  Of course it didn't sail last year and now it's going next week.  Since we booked it so long ago, I hadn't really given much thought to concierge class vs. "regular" class.  I understand that the suites get more amenities. But what does concierge class really get us? I see there is a lunch included on embarkation day, unfortunately I did not realize this when I picked our embarkation time, and we won't be getting on in time. I looked on the Celebrity website, and all it says is "Indoor and outdoor space come together to create your private sanctuary at sea. Relax on your spacious veranda and enjoy amenities that all contribute to your luxury experience. As a Concierge Class guest, your team of dedicated professionals will take care of all your vacation needs."   But what really is the advantage of concierge class?

1 minute ago, cruisegal415 said:

We are doing a theme cruise next week. We were on a waiting list for two years and last year, when a concierge class room came available we grabbed it up.  Of course it didn't sail last year and now it's going next week.  Since we booked it so long ago, I hadn't really given much thought to concierge class vs. "regular" class.  I understand that the suites get more amenities. But what does concierge class really get us? I see there is a lunch included on embarkation day, unfortunately I did not realize this when I picked our embarkation time, and we won't be getting on in time. I looked on the Celebrity website, and all it says is "Indoor and outdoor space come together to create your private sanctuary at sea. Relax on your spacious veranda and enjoy amenities that all contribute to your luxury experience. As a Concierge Class guest, your team of dedicated professionals will take care of all your vacation needs."   But what really is the advantage of concierge class?

Not much except the luncheon, and a welcome Champagne . Your cabin is basically a  balcony ,maybe a touch bigger and location is probably better.  I stayed Concierge  (only because no extra $$) ,for last minute Christmas cruise on Miilliinium . Maybe I missed it but  did not note anything extra while onboard. . But you will be on the" high seas," Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

As many will attest, Concierge Class benefits are not huge, but little details that can enhance your cruise experience. Only you can decide if these details are worth the extra cost.

From what I have experienced on the Constellation:

-A different check-in line up

-On M Class ship, the size of the cabin, is a bit bigger than a regular verandah cabin

-Concierge Class cabins are normally located on decks above verandah cabins, and below Aqua Class. So they are often between two cabin decks.

-A bottle of bubbly wine. ( I had to request it. It does not come automatically. Sometimes, if you're lucky, a request to change it for a white or red wine will be considered).

-Some little attentions such as : Invitation to go to the helipad to see the sail away from one of the ports or a slot tournament invitation. ( These are not necessarily guaranteed, but, we benefited from them)

- Captain Club Points : 5 points per night, instead of 3 for a verandah.

- Access to a concierge. On the Constellation, the Concierge Desk was only one deck below our cabin. So, easier to get to instead of Guess Relations. This said, the Concierge was available only during limited hours, and could involve a bit of a wait, for example, if another customer ahead of you, has complex issues to resolve.

The above is from my experience and memory. For complete details, the Celebrity website has that information quite easily accessible.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

The rooms are bigger, but the furniture is the same. It's a shame, they didn't put a full-size love seat in the concierge cabins, versus the same oversize chair as in the standard balcony. The extra space may make it feel bigger, but there is no functional value. 

We have stayed in Concierge class many times but will only do so if the price is the same or less than verandah. If you are interested in moving up to the next class in Celebrity’s Captain's Club, Concierge class earns 5 points per day vs 3 for verandah. 

we’ve never been offered a visit to the helipad and we’ve taken 12+ cruises with X. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, floralscent said:

We have stayed in Concierge class many times but will only do so if the price is the same or less than verandah. If you are interested in moving up to the next class in Celebrity’s Captain's Club, Concierge class earns 5 points per day vs 3 for verandah. 

we’ve never been offered a visit to the helipad and we’ve taken 12+ cruises with X. Enjoy!

We’ve had many sail-in or sail-away invites to the helipad. I am not sure how many were because we were in Concierge cabins, how many were because we were Elite or then Elite+. 
As to the afternoon treats, if you don’t care for these, your room steward can request a cheese plate for you instead.

Oh, and Concierge is said to have an extended room service menu, but I can’t verify that.

The boarding-day lunch is one we plan on and look forward to.

Stan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Summit & Constellation should be similar...

We are just off the Constellation & sailed away from Tampa on the Heli-Pad

We were also invited to a Sail-In to a Port and an additional Sail-Away

Plus a Captain's Cocktail Party.

There were additional invites as well...

On the M-Class you have the foot stools on the balcony.

There's an expanded hot breakfast menu for room service.

There's a value-point for everyone & for the cruise we just had, when we were booking right @ final payment time an Aft-Facing Cabin popped up, which so happened to be a C-1 Cabin.

We grabbed it & Loved it!!!

This was our first ever Aft-Facing Cabin...

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 12:03 AM, Von & John said:

Summit & Constellation should be similar...

We are just off the Constellation & sailed away from Tampa on the Heli-Pad

We were also invited to a Sail-In to a Port and an additional Sail-Away

Plus a Captain's Cocktail Party.

There were additional invites as well...

On the M-Class you have the foot stools on the balcony.

There's an expanded hot breakfast menu for room service.

There's a value-point for everyone & for the cruise we just had, when we were booking right @ final payment time an Aft-Facing Cabin popped up, which so happened to be a C-1 Cabin.

We grabbed it & Loved it!!!

This was our first ever Aft-Facing Cabin...

We just booked an aft facing cabin on Summit with concierge class. This will be our first aft balcony. What did you like best about it?

• Like 1

Our Aft-facing was on the Connie - so similar...

We loved the size, the views, the ability to enjoy w/ multiple people.

We had 2 regular chairs w/ foot rests & a dining table, as well as 2 loungers w/ a drinks table in between.

Breakfast was amazing out there...

Truly enjoyed cocktails, reading & lounging in our private little space 🙂

• Like 1

I enjoyed the expanded breakfast room service menu but that’s about it. I never drank the bottle of wine they left in the cabin and ended up bringing it home in my suitcase. I did get invited to the helipad but it’s a closed toe shoe only and I did not bring any shoes with closed toes so could not go.

I did not eat at the embarkation lunch because I prefer to go to the buffet where there are more choices. I probably would not pay extra to have the cc cabin again  but I still had a great time. 

• Thanks 1

I was on a theme cruise last month on the Summit.  My cabin mate arrived too late (traveled from different cities) to have MDR lunch on the first day.  Had to ask for the afternoon hors d'oevres and several times they didn't arrive - not terribly appetizing anyway.  No special check in line.  Concierge rarely available at Guest Services.  Since we had a drink package, never did drink the sparkling wine so left it for our steward.  No invite to helipad for sail away.   In my opinion, not work the extra cost, especially on a theme cruise.  And, if yours is a music cruise, like mine, you'll spend very little time in the cabin anyway.  I've booked an inside for next years themed cruise.  But, its a beautiful ship and we had a fabulous time - hope you do too.

On 3/22/2022 at 7:23 PM, dani negreanu said:

For me, those are the benefits --

On M-class -- a bigger room. 

Better location.

A concierge who can help sometimes -- invitations to the helipad, or behind the scenes/galleys.

Only if the price as a regular veranda.

Sailing in concierge stateroom next month (Millennium).  Fare as the same as veranda when I booked.  But later, veranda dropped about $600 and concierge did not.  Since we were in a different cabin class we could not take advantage of the fare drop.  And in my book, concierge is worth way less than $600.