"LIVE" Majestic Princess, Back-to-Back, Apr 2nd to Apr 16th

LACruiser88

The reason for being short-staffed is NOT Princess trying to save money; it is the same as her...people not necessarily wanting to come back to work...they are either finding other work, wanting to stay with their families or a slew of other reasons. This is not a problem that is unique to Princess.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, jwattle said:

The reason for being short-staffed is NOT Princess trying to save money; it is the same as her...people not necessarily wanting to come back to work...they are either finding other work, wanting to stay with their families or a slew of other reasons. This is not a problem that is unique to Princess.

True. It's just whether passengers are willing to pay and accept a lower level of service. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 4:41 PM, LawDog61 said:

Perhaps you can answer this question.  I am on the April 17 7 day coastal.  After our pre-cruise Covid test, should we expect any additional routine testing. During the 7 day or is that because you are doing B2Bs? Thanks

I do not see a Princess cruise leaving on April 17?

Edited by DANCING GRANDMOMMY

8 minutes ago, Piperpals said:

Hi,

No it is the 17th, at least I hope so as we are supposed to be on it.

Helen

Yes, as  @Piperpalshas posted, 4/17 sailing is probably the Discovery leaving out of LA, they leave on Sundays, the Majestic is leaving on Saturdays.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Yes, we have been told that the crew is well understaffed.  All of the dining rooms were a mess last night.  Long lines well past 8:00 pm.

Btw, we did meet our lovely room steward, Bianca, right before heading out for the evening.

Someone had asked about Leo Rossi.  He boarded yesterday and his first lecture is this morning at 10:15.  I'll try to find out how long he will be onboard.

Hi @LACruiser88, are you on Deck 8, as my steward is a ‘Bianca’ too. She mentioned she has many cabins, so service may be delayed, but she will not forget. She said only one service a day, but you can request ‘turndown service’ too and she said she can accommodate.

I had dinner reservations at 7pm last night, the line was not too long maybe 6 people ahead of me, I arrived at 6:45. There is confusion as they is supposed to be 2 lines, one for reservations and the other for walk ups, but there was no sign and with so many who did not make reservation on APP, I heard many complaining about this and wondering how long they would have to wait, I did not see beepers being given.

• Like 1

@wallyj Hi there!  Yes, we are in a deck 8 mini suite.  Bianca is great!

20 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

How does the ship feel compared to when you sailed on her in November?

I think we only had 1700 on board then.

It feels like the ship's did pre-covid.  It is cold outside today and we were suprised to see the Lido pool deck full of folks, kids in the pool, lines at the Grill and the Swirl ice cream stand.

Next week, we will be back down to 1,900.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tonight, the dining situation was much better.  Maybe because it was formal night, fewer passengers used the MDR's?

We also received our invitation to the MTG Luncheon. 

I cannot find a way to rotate the invitation?  Maybe someone who is tech savvy can help, thank you!

20220403_220736.jpg

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Tonight, the dining situation was much better.  Maybe because it was formal night, fewer passengers used the MDR's?

We also received our invitation to the MTG Luncheon. 

I cannot find a way to rotate the invitation?  Maybe someone who is tech savvy can help, thank you!

20220403_220736.jpg

wait 😕 your facebook page said you were savvy ?

• Haha 3

We are on this sailing as well.  A lot of dinner reservations are goofed up and the dine line is not helpful.  Last night my table for four was changed to one person split across multiple tables…….  I know if have gained some weight, but really?  

also, who knew that covid would lead to the great pillow shortage on the majestic…..  asked for two extra pillows on arrival.  Asked again last night and our steward told us there was a shortage and he even had to give another passenger the pillow from his room.  However he would search for us and eventually find two more pillows….  Still waiting….. Wow, who knew…..

Edited by mina
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, jwattle said:

I have FB friends who are crew members on Princess. Many are still anxiously waiting letter to come back to work.

1 hour ago, mina said:

We are on this sailing as well.  A lot of dinner reservations are goofed up and the dine line is not helpful.  Last night my table for four was changed to one person split across multiple tables…….  I know if have gained some weight, but really?  

also, who knew that covid would lead to the great pillow shortage on the majestic…..  asked for two extra pillows on arrival.  Asked again last night and our steward told us there was a shortage and he even had to give another passenger the pillow from his room.  However he would search for us and eventually find two more pillows….  Still waiting….. Wow, who knew…..

I wish I would have known you needed pillows, we gave 2 of ours to our room steward as we brought pillows from home.

Btw, during the Captains message last night he stated the official passenger count for this cruise was 3,057.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I wish I would have known you needed pillows, we gave 2 of ours to our room steward as we brought pillows from home.

Btw, during the Captains message last night he stated the official passenger count for this cruise was 3,057.

So this week ship is at 86% capacity. Are they utilizing all 3 dining rooms this week? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KLM3164 said:

So this week ship is at 86% capacity. Are they utilizing all 3 dining rooms this week? 

Yes, this week all 3 MDR's are being utilized.  The Maitre'd advised that next week they will only be using 2 of the MDR's.

Photo from our Balcony.  We are staying onboard, we did not want to deal with the water shuttles with so many passengers onboard.  

Many other passengers had same idea as the main pool area is full of folks!

20220404_120320.jpg

20220404_120334.jpg

• Like 6

On 3/31/2022 at 5:05 PM, culvercitycruiser said:

Would you please see when Leo Rossi’s last voyage will be?  We were on January 15-22, 2022. His is an amazing speaker. We are sailing again on April 23-30, 2022 and was hoping to go to his talks again.

Leo was the tour manager for Fleetwood Mac and many others. His stories are great. I am almost finished with his book.  
if you get a chance, go see his talks. Highly recommend it.  

i was on for 3 weeks jan /feb...leo was the highlight of the cruise...tells great stories backed up by videos etc without coming across as bragging or slinging dirt....very personable guy who has literally just about seen it all when it comes to bands...he does it all for free for princess and any $$ from books or donations goes to help poor kids in central america....don't miss leo.

• Like 3

Does anyone know if the photo packages paid pre-cruise at 10% off is the same price as if I wait to order on board using 10% as Platinum benefit.

$111.25 for 5 photos

$211.25 for 10 photos.

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Arya3 said:

Does anyone know if the photo packages paid pre-cruise at 10% off is the same price as if I wait to order on board using 10% as Platinum benefit.

$111.25 for 5 photos

$211.25 for 10 photos.

Thanks.

I believe so

On 3/31/2022 at 11:05 PM, culvercitycruiser said:

Would you please see when Leo Rossi’s last voyage will be?  We were on January 15-22, 2022. His is an amazing speaker. We are sailing again on April 23-30, 2022 and was hoping to go to his talks again.

Leo was the tour manager for Fleetwood Mac and many others. His stories are great. I am almost finished with his book.  
if you get a chance, go see his talks. Highly recommend it.  

If anyone has this answer, I wonder if he will remain on Majestic when it moves to Alaska in May. Sounds like a speaker we would really be interested in hearing. 

3 hours ago, KLM3164 said:

No, only Allegro and Concerto open for dinner. Specialty restaurants Harmony and Crown Grill and Bistro Sur La Mer also open. This may explain why dining room seemed very crowded Day 1. Will see about tonight as yesterday was formal so some passengers avoid thinking they need to be dressed up.

@LACruiser88, when I look at the Patter, it only list hours for Allegro and Concerto, no Symphony, so that is why I do not think they are using all 3