Stockholder OBC

wezie

8 hours ago, Froufie said:

We have a joint stock account - but when purchased the Carnival stock document has my husbands name on it (same last name) - I am cruising solo - will I need to have my name on that document?  Will they accept it with his?  I will need to call bank/stock company to see if and how we can add/change names if not allowed?  

We have a joint stock account, but the page where the actual number of carnival stocks are owned just has my husband's name on that page. I just create a PDF containing page 1 (which shows it's a joint account) and page 3 (listing the number of stocks owned), make sure the Account numbers on both pages are blanked out, and upload that into the email with the booking numbers I want to have the credit applied to. That should work for your purposes.

We have 200 shares in our joint account, but with this method, I have been able to get credit for two cabins on the same cruise, as long as my name is attached to one booking number, and my husband's to the other one. I just list them separately in the email, with the appropriate booking numbers. Easy-peasy!

• Like 2

Someone posted this a while ago and it worked for me. You need to log into Carnival.com . Open a new tab and copy and paste the link below. After the part that says bookingnumber= delete the S19PZ5 and enter your number right in the middle then hit enter and it should generate a pdf file of your booking which will show the credit. For some reason Carnival is now hiding this part until close to sailing time. 

https://www.carnival.com/booked/document?BookingNumber=S19PZ5&IsPrintLuggageTagsSelected=true&IsPrintPassFlightSelected=false&IsPrintCruiseInfoSelected=true

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Someone posted this a while ago and it worked for me. You need to log into Carnival.com . Open a new tab and copy and paste the link below. After the part that says bookingnumber= delete the S19PZ5 and enter your number right in the middle then hit enter and it should generate a pdf file of your booking which will show the credit. For some reason Carnival is now hiding this part until close to sailing time. 

https://www.carnival.com/booked/document?BookingNumber=S19PZ5&IsPrintLuggageTagsSelected=true&IsPrintPassFlightSelected=false&IsPrintCruiseInfoSelected=true

I’ve tried this on my IPad Pro several times & I get NADA information so I’ll try this on my Lab Top. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

52 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

OK tried it again following your instructions exactly & it worked. It shows my OBC. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Tom😀

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

OK tried it again following your instructions exactly & it worked. It shows my OBC. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Tom😀

No problem. It is a messy solution but does work for me on a laptop also. You have to be logged into carnival.com or it won't work. I don't know why Carnival hides this for now. They always used to let us download the info at any time after booking. What I did was after I inserted my booking number I then saved the link again so it is really easy to go back and check. I did this for multiple bookings 😉 .

Edited by n6uqqq

9 hours ago, trbarton said:

Where on my Carnival booking do I find my OBC?

I’ve looked many times but can’t find anything. 

Tom🤔

So I just logged into my carnival account and went into booking & order details, and went to the cruise balance details and it showed up under OBC.  So it still shows up in your folio online or t least for me it is.

• Like 1

just fyi....anyone that wants to get in on this....CCL and NCLH stocks are pretty much at an all time low... (and rising)

We just recently got in on this game and I faxed the information over 3 days before our cruise... I honestly didn't expect it, but it was worth a shot.... I was so happily surprised to see the $100 credit on my bill at the end of the cruise!!

On 4/11/2022 at 12:34 AM, n6uqqq said:

Thanks for reposting this link. I tried searching for it a couple weeks ago to confirm my obc and couldn’t find it. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 6:26 AM, 13cheermom said:

So I just logged into my carnival account and went into booking & order details, and went to the cruise balance details and it showed up under OBC.  So it still shows up in your folio online or t least for me it is.

It was showing the OBC for me also under the balance details but that is now gone for me again. 

On 4/2/2022 at 8:50 AM, grimpil said:

Are they still applying shareholder credit. Recently many have been denied credits if they did not pay "full price"

I was denied, but it was back in December and I have heard recently that others have had better luck. I recently applied for an upcoming cruise so we shall see...

8 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

It was showing the OBC for me also under the balance details but that is now gone for me again. 

That's odd, I read where someone else had that happen, so I double-checked mine.  Still there, even the breakdown of where I used some to pre-purchase internet for cruise.  Hopefully it's just a glitch in their system.  I always print everything I do now for cruises, to have proof that it was listed at one time. 😉

On 4/10/2022 at 6:24 AM, Froufie said:

We have a joint stock account - but when purchased the Carnival stock document has my husbands name on it (same last name) - I am cruising solo - will I need to have my name on that document?  Will they accept it with his?  I will need to call bank/stock company to see if and how we can add/change names if not allowed?  

Not sure if it helps you but I am not the primary in my joint account and I applied for the cruise credit and received it. I sent the brokerage statement and highlighted my name which was on the second line (under the primary name) in the PDF statement. The worse thing is you will be rejected, doesn't hurt to try.

• Like 1

Just for the record, we sailed back in July and I took my brokerage statement to guest services. The guy said he would send it to corporate and I should have my credit at the close of the next business day and sure enough, it posted.

19 minutes ago, drolltroll said:

Just for the record, we sailed back in July and I took my brokerage statement to guest services. The guy said he would send it to corporate and I should have my credit at the close of the next business day and sure enough, it posted.

Thank you for sharing that.

6 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

That's odd, I read where someone else had that happen, so I double-checked mine.  Still there, even the breakdown of where I used some to pre-purchase internet for cruise.  Hopefully it's just a glitch in their system.  I always print everything I do now for cruises, to have proof that it was listed at one time. 😉

Guess what? It is back to listing the OBC. Must have been a glitch. 

• Like 1

It has been a few years since I last sailed Carnival.   Would anyone knows if the shareholders OBC can be apply to gratuity?   My memories is a little bit foggy but I vaguely recall a few years ago, it can be apply even though it says is not applicable on the website.   Thanks in advance! 

On 4/1/2022 at 7:17 PM, wezie said:

They do? I just searched for it and couldn't find it.

You need to look at the Carnival Corporation website (talks about all lines and gives financial info) and not the Carnival cruise website (cruise booking site). There find the investor benefit page and you will find a shareholder benefit tab.  You can find the basic instructions there.  

n6uqqq:  Thanks so much for the info, as it worked for us!!  We are sailing next week and have not heard if our OBS was accepted, as we have not heard since submitting last week.  Called and spoke to a Carnival Rep who stated they have a back log from 4/1/22 thru today.  She offered to help and add ours to our account, and she did! Customer service at it's best!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, topaz123 said:

We mailed our info in ...how long does it take to get approved.  It's been about a week since we mailed info

I just got my notice yesterday of the OBC and I applied about 2 weeks ago. Some people have reported quicker but for me it has been a couple weeks the last two times.

On 4/1/2022 at 6:24 PM, wezie said:

Hi.  Does Carnival still do this?  If so, does anyone have the specifics?

Yes, you can find info on the Carnival website. Our l

On 4/1/2022 at 6:24 PM, wezie said:

Hi.  Does Carnival still do this?  If so, does anyone have the specifics?

last 2 cruises ours was denied..they said it’s because we booked with special rate, we’ll duh not make ppl book full price. I know a bunch of us weren’t to happy.