Question on Port Arrival time.

We are cruising out of Port Canaveral on April 10th.   Our check in time is noon.  Based on your experience, what time would you recommend we arrive at the port?

I have been told to arrive at least by 10:30 since it is so crowded and we may get on earlier.   Thanks in advance for your recommendation.

They might let you on before your check in time. But they might not. It's a toss up. The question is whether you're ok with waiting outside until noon if they won't let you in. Where you wait is shaded, but Florida is already seeing summer weather. It's not consistent but we've been close to 90 a few times lately. 

5 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

How are you arriving?  Will you be seeking a parking space in the terminal parking garage/lot?

Sorry - wrong topic!

Edited by train
wrong Port!

1 hour ago, yancycruiser said:

Thanks for the response Starry Eyes.   We will arrive at the terminal by taxi.

Ah, that is easier.  The parking garage seems to be filling up, so some people who need to park arrive early before the garage fills.

You don’t need to park, so no pressure there😀

If you are interested in getting on sooner, keep watching for an earlier boarding time to open up (even for one of you).  Sometimes times open up, even in the final days.

After security and check in at Port Canaveral, everyone waited in chairs in the terminal until they were ready to begin boarding.  As I recall they boarded Suites, Pinnacle, D+,D, Key, and then called by boarding times.  So no point arriving way ahead of your scheduled time, in my opinion, unless you prefer waiting at the port over wherever you are that morning.  I like being a little early, so I might aim for 11:30 or so.

I've heard that they won't start checking anyone - or even let you in to the check-in area in until your boarding time, unless you are staying in a Suite. Like one of the previous posters said, at most, I would aim for 11:30am. That way, if there is a wait, it won't be too long. 

On 4/2/2022 at 4:41 PM, train said:

Sorry - wrong topic!

Why is that wrong topic?

If you are arriving to park, you should arrive a bit earlier to find a space and park and walk to the terminal.

If you arrive by taxi/Uber, you don't have to spend time looking for a space and walking back to the terminal.

On the Odyssey last month out of Port Everglades it did not matter. We had an 1100 and when we went upstairs the place was packed. Once they started boarding it went by the seating sections that filled first. Did not matter what boarding time you had. First come first served. (Other than suites and the Key)

3 hours ago, J&L~SetSail said:

On the Odyssey last month out of Port Everglades it did not matter. We had an 1100 and when we went upstairs the place was packed. Once they started boarding it went by the seating sections that filled first. Did not matter what boarding time you had. First come first served. (Other than suites and the Key)

It is not a boarding time it is an check in/ arrival time.  See example below:Register with Royal Caribbean, Check-in on the App & Get Your SetSail Pass  - Ignite Cruises Help (FAQ)