Observation Lounge

floralscent

One of the biggest mysteries to me is the observation lounge in the front of the ship. I see this large open space with comfy chairs and absolutely amazing views but what is it really used for and is it only for certain levels for Captains Club or cabin level? 

I have sat in this area with a book on a sea day a time or two and am wondering what types of events , if any, are held in the area. 

Thank you!

11 minutes ago, floralscent said:

One of the biggest mysteries to me is the observation lounge in the front of the ship. I see this large open space with comfy chairs and absolutely amazing views but what is it really used for and is it only for certain levels for Captains Club or cabin level? 

I have sat in this area with a book on a sea day a time or two and am wondering what types of events , if any, are held in the area. 

Thank 

13 minutes ago, floralscent said:

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, floralscent said:

Thank you!

The CC HH (elite, elite + and zenith) use to be be held in the Sky Lounge from 5 to 7 PM but that has been eliminated. All events held in the Sky Lounge would have been posted in your Celebrity Today. 

15 minutes ago, floralscent said:

Thank you!

Regrettably it's gone on the Edge Class ships only suite passengers now get the joy of a forward view.

On Silhouette the new seats (including Rocking Chairs) have made it an even better space.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The CC HH (elite, elite + and zenith) use to be be held in the Sky Lounge from 5 to 7 PM but that has been eliminated. All events held in the Sky Lounge would have been posted in your Celebrity Today. 

Am I confused more than I thought? Is the Sky Lounge and the Observation Lounge the Same thing or different? We’ll be on the Eclipse and I’m interested to know if anyone can use that area or if it’s restricted. 

7 minutes ago, floralscent said:

Am I confused more than I thought? Is the Sky Lounge and the Observation Lounge the Same thing or different? We’ll be on the Eclipse and I’m interested to know if anyone can use that area or if it’s restricted. 

Yes the Sky Lounge/Sky Observation Lounge are the same thing. Located on deck 14. Open to all. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

On S class there is a forward facing room next to the Spa.  I think it is mainly used as a Spa waiting room.  We stop by there sometimes and it is usually empty.  One time there was a Spa attendant there but we have never had trouble entering this area.  It is not used for anything I know of except Spa cool down or waiting for an appointment.  Usually anyone you see there is in a robe.

R

21 hours ago, the penguins said:

Regrettably it's gone on the Edge Class ships only suite passengers now get the joy of a forward view.

Oh I did not know about that.

So what about deck space, anything available for non-suite passengers to have a front view on Edge Class ship?

What kind of room is available on Edge ships for non-suite guests, allowing them to enjoy a drink with a sea view in a quiet environment? 

This would be a deal breaker for me.......

7 minutes ago, cachouonacruise said:

R

Oh I did not know about that.

So what about deck space, anything available for non-suite passengers to have a front view on Edge Class ship?

What kind of room is available on Edge ships for non-suite guests, allowing them to enjoy a drink with a sea view in a quiet environment? 

This would be a deal breaker for me.......

Consider the deal broken for you.  There isn't any forward facing space one E-class ships for non-suite guests.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, cachouonacruise said:

There are plenty of spots like that in Eden. Cafe al Bacio comes to mind as well.

Edited by RichYak
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Consider the deal broken for you.  There isn't any forward facing space one E-class ships for non-suite guests.

Well there are two areas forward facing on the Edge ships.

The workout room and the spa - bed area.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

To me, this "discovery" is a disappointment. ... Gone are the days were cruise ship were open to all and we are slowly, but surely, going back to the Titanic era class system, re-engineered. 

Oh well, thank-you for letting me discover this issue prior to be disappointed on board. I will have to think hard and long prior to book an itinerary on the E Class ship. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RichYak said:

There are plenty of spots like that in Eden. Cafe al Bacio comes to mind as well.

I prefer a view of where we are headed vs where we have been...  view from Cafe al Bacio on E class is not that different than the cafe view on S class.. more out the side.  The lack of forward views was a real disappointment when we were on Edge...  I really like the Sky lounge for it's large windows and expansive views... reminds me of the old Viking lounge on Royal's older ships

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, the penguins said:

True but all backward facing.

8 minutes ago, kearney said:

I prefer a view of where we are headed vs where we have been... 

Don't shoot the messenger. All I did was answer a question that specified ocean views, not forward ocean views.

13 minutes ago, cachouonacruise said:

To me, this "discovery" is a disappointment. ... Gone are the days were cruise ship were open to all and we are slowly, but surely, going back to the Titanic era class system, re-engineered. 

Oh well, thank-you for letting me discover this issue prior to be disappointed on board. I will have to think hard and long prior to book an itinerary on the E Class ship. 

For me, the Edge class is a disappointment altogether. As much as I tried to like/love that class of ship…I just can’t. IMO a lot of the private lounges and spaces are gone. No Ensemble lounge, etc. For some reason someone had the idea to put specialty restaurants a level above the martini bar and open to that crowded evening time area. Tragic disappointment if you ask me…but you really didn’t ask. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Don't shoot the messenger. All I did was answer a question that specified ocean views, not forward ocean views.

Sorry, no slam intended....  the view out back in Eden is nice... I just wish they also had one out front... But some may prefer the later....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Sorry this post was all about forward facing views.

Actually, this thread was originally about activities/events held in the Observation Lounge. It has drifted, as many threads tend to. No worries.

7 minutes ago, floralscent said:

For me, the Edge class is a disappointment altogether. As much as I tried to like/love that class of ship…I just can’t. IMO a lot of the private lounges and spaces are gone. No Ensemble lounge, etc. For some reason someone had the idea to put specialty restaurants a level above the martini bar and open to that crowded evening time area. Tragic disappointment if you ask me…but you really didn’t ask. 

I agree, I found that there were more places to explore on S class than E class... I like the library and Earth/Hideaway areas... just to sit and read...Not being a sun person... it is nice to find quiet places indoors... the game room is also nice.... Edge was beautiful..but seemed smaller in terms of places to explore... perhaps it is the impact of the retreat.. since that seems to take up more space than on S class. I did like the bigger elevators... I liked the multiple dining options (DH did not like this)... Eden seating was uncomfortable so we seldom stayed there...

8 minutes ago, kearney said:

I agree, I found that there were more places to explore on S class than E class... I like the library and Earth/Hideaway areas... just to sit and read...Not being a sun person... it is nice to find quiet places indoors... the game room is also nice.... Edge was beautiful..but seemed smaller in terms of places to explore... perhaps it is the impact of the retreat.. since that seems to take up more space than on S class. I did like the bigger elevators... I liked the multiple dining options (DH did not like this)... Eden seating was uncomfortable so we seldom stayed there...

I agree 100% with you! I found it Breathtakingly gorgeous and had same thoughts as you. Put me on a M or S class any day!!!

• Like 2