Still, Alert on Checkin....... "Health and safety protocols for this cruise have not been announced"

runningtide

Im getting a little annoyed with Celebrity leaving myself and other passengers hanging for our May 6th Equinox cruise. I have completed checkin, but this Alert comes up when I log in with the App. In addition, the fine print on the Celebrity site indicates COVID support protocols end April 30th 2022. 
Come On Celebrity......Make a decision please so others can plan accordingly. 

All the Best......See you on the next tack !

Checkin Alert
"Health protocols
Health and safety protocols for this cruise have not been announced. We anticipate both vaccination and testing requirements and encourage vaccine boosters."

We don't use the app and did not see this note at all during our check in process. Since  the note mentions both vaccination and tests, that pretty well sums it up for me. We have already been asked to verify our vaccination status for this same cruise  a couple of times.

1 minute ago, 39august said:

We don't use the app and did not see this note at all during our check in process. Since  the note mentions both vaccination and tests, that pretty well sums it up for me. We have already been asked to verify our vaccination status for this same cruise  a couple of times.

This alert comes up on the web site also. I think its tied to the April 30 cutoff of COVID support. But I would expect "Details" soon.....

Protocols have just been announced this past Wednesday for the transatlantic cruises leaving this month.  So the expectation is that May cruise protocols will be announced soon, maybe this coming week?  I am sure they are waiting until pretty close to the cruise dates, because the rules are changing rapidly in the countries being visited.

FWIW, in the context of the transatlantic cruises, four of the five April cruises will have a port or end stop in Italy, Spain or Amsterdam.  As a result, those cruises now have a one day prior to cruise test requirement.  The fifth cruise doesn't have a port or end stop in those countries, and therefore still has a two day pre-cruise test requirement.  https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements.  Since the May 6 Equinox cruise is not a European cruise, this probably provides no useful guidance to you.  

Tom & Judy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since you are cruising the Caribbean and those health and safety requirements are defined on the website I would go with that.  So plan on testing and proof of vaccinations. 
Covid assistance is ending on 4/30 if they extend that it’s a plus but I wouldn’t count on it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, runningtide said:
Im getting a little annoyed with Celebrity leaving myself and other passengers hanging for our May 6th Equinox cruise. I have completed checkin, but this Alert comes up when I log in with the App. In addition, the fine print on the Celebrity site indicates COVID support protocols end April 30th 2022. 
Come On Celebrity......Make a decision please so others can plan accordingly. 

All the Best......See you on the next tack !

Checkin Alert
"Health protocols
Health and safety protocols for this cruise have not been announced. We anticipate both vaccination and testing requirements and encourage vaccine boosters."

Same here! We are on this cruise too. 

I know how annoying it is to keep seeing that message, but I don't mind waiting just a bit longer for Celebrity to provide the information for my May 2nd European cruise. I hope that by delaying for a while the requirements could be relaxed a bit. It would make it much easier as many of the EU country rules are no longer requiring testing now.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yogini06 said:

Royal Caribbean has extended the deadline to March 31, 2023.  I expect Celebrity will follow

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered

It appears that only the Cruise With Confidence portion has been extended. Testing positive during the cruise, getting a pro-rated refund and covering medical expenses onboard still expire on April 30, 2022.  Cruise insurance that covers pandemic related expenses is going to be critical going forward if they really do end these allowances.

• Like 2

We will have a problem if we need a test one day before boarding for our cruise May 2nd, as they day before is not only a Sunday, but also a public holiday in Italy. If they require a supervised test we will struggle to find a pharmacy open. Hoping they provide them free of charge at the ship, as are most other cruise lines currently in Europe. 

1 hour ago, Desert Diamond said:

It appears that only the Cruise With Confidence portion has been extended. Testing positive during the cruise, getting a pro-rated refund and covering medical expenses onboard still expire on April 30, 2022.  Cruise insurance that covers pandemic related expenses is going to be critical going forward if they really do end these allowances.

CWC ended on March 31st. One had to be booked by then to use it through 9/30/22. If you check every other major cruise lines website they have their Covid assistance updated to take care of their guests. X is currently the only one sticking out. Also, just about every other cruise line has updated their Covid health protocols to cruise including Europe but Celebrity is bringing up the rear. It’s amazing how this company has done a complete 180 since the restart of cruising. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

CWC ended on March 31st. One had to be booked by then to use it through 9/30/22. If you check every other major cruise lines website they have their Covid assistance updated to take care of their guests. X is currently the only one sticking out. Also, just about every other cruise line has updated their Covid health protocols to cruise including Europe but Celebrity is bringing up the rear. It’s amazing how this company has done a complete 180 since the restart of cruising. 

I couldn’t agree more, they are back of the pack right now.

1 minute ago, Desert Diamond said:

Yes, I was referencing the link Yogini06 provided from Royal. If Celebrity follows Royal's lead and offers the same, then CWC will be extended through March 31,2023 as Royal has done.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered

That link is for Covid assistance and not CWC. I no longer see CWC on RCI’s website, 

16 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

That link is for Covid assistance and not CWC. I no longer see CWC on RCI’s website, 

It's not on Celebrity's website.  You have to search to find it.  Still provided for all cruises booked through 3/31 and taken by 9/30

8 minutes ago, yogini06 said:

It's not on Celebrity's website.  You have to search to find it.  Still provided for all cruises booked through 3/31 and taken by 9/30

Correct because it ended on 3/31 as did RCI but Royal did extend “part” of their Covid assistance until 3/31/2023 which Celebrity has not done at this time. My response was concerning RCI CWC and not X. 

Just an additional note, due to the April 30 end of COVID assist, I added additional insurance to my existing cruise care with tripinsurancestore.com. Mostly additional medical..., talked to Steve and got an exceptions deal for both of us (early 70's) with IMG. Steve is very popular in CC as an insurance broker. I'll stick with him in the future. Very knowledgable about the cruise industry. 

• Like 1

32 days before the cruise and still nothing has changed . The Alert still stands on the Celebrity app. Can’t understand why Celebrity can’t just announce the Health and Safety protocols at this point. It does make it hard to plan for testing etc. I assume like most that nothing has changed, so why not just state it . What’s the hold up ?

12 hours ago, runningtide said:

32 days before the cruise and still nothing has changed . The Alert still stands on the Celebrity app. Can’t understand why Celebrity can’t just announce the Health and Safety protocols at this point. It does make it hard to plan for testing etc. I assume like most that nothing has changed, so why not just state it . What’s the hold up ?

Since you’re cruising on the EQ and out of a U.S port, I doubt anything changes as far as testing requirements since the cruise line has opted into the CDC voluntary requirements and thus far they haven’t changed their requirements. The big question that does remain is if Celebrity will extend Covid assistance beyond the current posted date of 4/30. 

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

Since you’re cruising on the EQ and out of a U.S port, I doubt anything changes as far as testing requirements since the cruise line has opted into the CDC voluntary requirements and thus far they haven’t changed their requirements. The big question that does remain is if Celebrity will extend Covid assistance beyond the current posted date of 4/30. 

COVID assistance stops April 30. It in the fine print on the web site 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/cel-covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

I purchased additional medical insurance for a May 6th cruise. 

I was told by a Celebrity rep that there would be major updates to CoVid protocol on April 30. No idea what they would be but since we don't sail until July we are fine but it is cutting it short for those of you sailing on May 6. Not sure that Celebrity knows either since the situation continues to fluctuate. I suppose the issue of booster shots may come up so if it were me, I'd get the first booster immediately if you haven't had one. Since the second booster is just coming out it is very highly unlikely that it would play any  roll in the updates.  

• Like 1

I suspect that they don't want to loosed protocols now only to reinstate them a few weeks later for this new even more contagious variant. So I would assume that they will keep them longer than the April 30 day. We are sailing April 29 and our protocols are the same as they have been for months...  I had hoped that they would back off the testing to 3 days before instead of 2... that would help travelers a lot and I don't believe it would have a noticeable impact on positive results...but it looks like they plan on keeping the 2 day requirement..

I think any changes would result in reduced requirements to sail not more. The world is opening back up, many places are getting rid of Covid rules, its only a matter of time before the cruise industry does the same. 

• Like 1