Can I use my FCC with another TA?

dandee2

Good day everyone.

I'm Canadian and I have a FCC after a cancelled cruise in 2020 (which was originally booked with a Canadian TA). I have 1000$ in FCC with Celebrity. Do I need to rebook with the same TA? I understand it would be simpler but our fare with an upcoming cruise is 500$ per person more expensive with them compare to the other TA (which will remain nameless).

Or maybe I should try to convince my original TA to try to get me the same price as the other guy?

Thanks a lot. 🙂

3 minutes ago, dandee2 said:

Good day everyone.

I'm Canadian and I have a FCC after a cancelled cruise in 2020 (which was originally booked with a Canadian TA). I have 1000$ in FCC with Celebrity. Do I need to rebook with the same TA? I understand it would be simpler but our fare with an upcoming cruise is 500$ per person more expensive with them compare to the other TA (which will remain nameless).

Or maybe I should try to convince my original TA to try to get me the same price as the other guy?

Thanks a lot. 🙂

Am guessing one TA has a group block and your original TA does not.  Thus your original TA could not match the fare, only offer OBC out of their commission.

The solution is really simple call the new TA, give them your FCC number and see what happens.  The FCC was issued to you.   Not your TA so you should be good.

10 minutes ago, dandee2 said:

Good day everyone.

Thanks a lot. 🙂

We got two FCCs from a cancelled cruise with the big box travel agent.  We used one toward a new cruise at final payment date with the same travel agent, and another toward a different cruise we had set up through another travel agent.  The FCCs are personal to you, not to the agent.  Both companies were American in our case.  Unless there is some different rule in Canada (or unless there is a group booking availability issue as someone else suggested) there should be no problem.

Tom & Judy

As others have indicated, you have flexibility and control over the FCC.  The cruise lines issue the FCC through the agent of record as they were the original booking agent.  It simplifies their record keeping and consolidates your original booking file.  It also places it where it is thought you may rebook the future cruise.  However the FCC is yours and you can use it as indicated individually or with a different agent - you just need the FCC number as indicated by @Jim-lain, which your original agent will provide.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You can book with anyone. I did. My original TA was let go from a big online agency. He was excellent. Booked many trips with him. Unfortunately the agent that I was assigned to was awful.  Guy was inept. He didn’t return calls and e-mails were answered rudely. Decided not to put up with ot.  Found another agency.  During the pandemic, many agents lost their jobs.  Many agents left to find a better opportunity.   There are good agents waiting to book your trip.