Specialty Dining Credit used for Room Service?

Wavesprite

If we have a Specialty dining credit can we opt

to order from the Crown Grill to our room instead of eating in the restaurant? 

And, If the answer is yes, can we use one dining credit one night and one another night? 

16 minutes ago, Wavesprite said:

If we have a Specialty dining credit can we opt

to order from the Crown Grill to our room instead of eating in the restaurant? 

And, If the answer is yes, can we use one dining credit one night and one another night? 

Nope. It's in restaurant or not at all.

The restaurants do not do "to go"/delivery.

Room Service is available for in-room dining.

42 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Nope. It's in restaurant or not at all.

The restaurants do not do "to go"/delivery.

Room Service is available for in-room dining.

Not totally correct.

The new room service menu has Crown Grill items...a la carte.

If you order all the CG items available on the room service menu, it would cost more than going to CG and eating there. Plus, not all of CG menu for a complete meal is available.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Not totally correct.

If you order all the CG items available on the room service menu, it would cost more than going to CG and eating there. Plus, not all of CG menu for a complete meal is available.

but ... if the OP wanted to order only the steak, say at $ 20 room service pricing - "could"  the $ 29 SD credit be applied to that ...

gotta love CC questions ...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, voljeep said:

but ... if the OP wanted to order only the steak, say at $ 20 room service pricing - "could"  the $ 29 SD credit be applied to that ...

gotta love CC questions ...

Yes, that’s what I’m wondering, thank you! 

42 minutes ago, voljeep said:

There is a certain beauty and logic to this concept, which, of course, dictates that Princess would never allow it!  😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Hmm?

Wondering why you wouldnt want a lovely dinner in the actual Crown Grill instead of in your cabin?

We often take dessert back but I have not thought of having the whole meal in our cabin

I just love dinner in my cabin… well, actually out on the balcony. Anytime I can eat outside, I am such a happy camper.  

• Like 2

As a side note- We are currently on Grand which does not have the expanded room service menu for ordering items from Sabatini or Crown Grill ( other than steak Frits) so the expanded menu may vary from ship to ship (or maybe by passenger load). 

17 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Hmm?

Wondering why you wouldnt want a lovely dinner in the actual Crown Grill instead of in your cabin?

We often take dessert back but I have not thought of having the whole meal in our cabin

The thought of a steak dinner out on my balcony in Alaska sounds more lovely then inside a restaurant!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wavesprite said:

The thought of a steak dinner out on my balcony in Alaska sounds more lovely then inside a restaurant!  

Just keep in mind that evenings in Alaska can be quite chilly and eating outdoors my not be as delightful as it sounds.  Eating in a lovely restaurant with views of Alaska through the window, is enchanting.

8 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Just keep in mind that evenings in Alaska can be quite chilly and eating outdoors my not be as delightful as it sounds.  Eating in a lovely restaurant with views of Alaska through the window, is enchanting.

No worries this is about my 10th Alaska Cruise, I know what I’m in for.  Everyone likes different things! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Especially when you live in South Florida where we put coats on when it gets to 60 degrees 🤣

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Moondogy said:

Especially when you live in South Florida where we put coats on when it gets to 60 degrees 🤣

And here near San Francisco, 60 degrees is when we pull out the shorts and tshirts.  Just perfect!  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/8/2022 at 5:55 PM, skynight said:

I don't believe you can use the Specialty Dining Credit for room service. But, it doesn't hurt to ask.

I would suggest that a guest who has an unused credit and ends up confined due to a Covid quarantine and is ordering for room service would have a good case to posit to Passenger Services to apply their credit since they are unable to attend the SD in person.  Seems like a special situation request to me and not situation-normal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

And here near San Francisco, 60 degrees is when we pull out the shorts and tshirts.  Just perfect!  

I was born and raised in Ohio and it was like that then, after living in Florida all these years I can see a difference and can't handle the cold like I could before. They say your blood thins living down here and that's why, all I know is I am no longer young and can't handle the cold like I could before 🤣

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Moondogy said:

I was born and raised in Ohio and it was like that then, after living in Florida all these years I can see a difference and can't handle the cold like I could before. They say your blood thins living down here and that's why, all I know is I am no longer young and can't handle the cold like I could before 🤣

I am also from cold weather country and have lived in Florida for a short time.  I now live where the weather is pretty much perfect all year around.  But perfect to me is right in between 60 and 75 degrees.  Of course, we don't have AC at the house and neither do my neighbors.  And we really don't use the heat.  But, we have our own issues, mainly centered around being in a constant state of drought and a horrible wildfire season.  

On 4/8/2022 at 1:43 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

Not totally correct.

There were no Crown Grill items on the Regal Princess in December, January or February.

There was the steak and fries for $19 - nothing at all about it being from CG, etc. And the few sushi items, larger party serving items, etc that had an upcharge... 

I have yet to see a room service menu that includes Specialty Restaurant items available, that would be interesting, to say the least - do you have any copies/photos/links? I'm curious what's available.  Thanks. 

46 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

There were no Crown Grill items on the Regal Princess in December, January or February.

There was the steak and fries for $19 - nothing at all about it being from CG, etc. And the few sushi items, larger party serving items, etc that had an upcharge... 

I have yet to see a room service menu that includes Specialty Restaurant items available, that would be interesting, to say the least - do you have any copies/photos/links? I'm curious what's available.  Thanks. 

Check this blog: https://profcruise.com/oceannow-delivery-menu-2022/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Thanks. That's the exact menu we had on Regal - and as you can see, there aren't any Crown Grill or Sabatini's/specialty restaurant items on the menu. Yes, a steak frites, but it's not a crown grill entree. Same sandwiches, salads, burger, hot dog, etc as all along really with some newish options (in the last couple years) - pizza has had a delivery fee from long ago, etc. 

I'm still looking for this purported room service menu with Crown Grill items on it... Thanks though...

15 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Thanks. That's the exact menu we had on Regal - and as you can see, there aren't any Crown Grill or Sabatini's/specialty restaurant items on the menu. Yes, a steak frites, but it's not a crown grill entree. Same sandwiches, salads, burger, hot dog, etc as all along really with some newish options (in the last couple years) - pizza has had a delivery fee from long ago, etc. 

I'm still looking for this purported room service menu with Crown Grill items on it... Thanks though...

You didn't scroll down far enough. After the regular menu items, there's a section with Crown Grill, and Bistro Sur La Mer menu items.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

You didn't scroll down far enough. After the regular menu items, there's a section with Crown Grill, and Bistro Sur La Mer menu items.