Guesses on percent of people with Internet service

On a typical sailing, what would you guess the percent of people with at least a minimum Internet package would be?  I’m thinking in the 60 to 70% range. I’m sure it is higher when there are more families or younger people. 

• Like 1

Just now, Biker19 said:

My WAG would say lower than that - but, it doesn’t really matter, you get the performance you get. 

Not looking at this from a performance perspective. Strictly how many people purchase it. 

Add in all the diamonds and diamond plus for a extra day or 2 days. Pinnacles are free wifi all week. 

If too many online they raise the 24 hour price to discourage people from using that day. 

Key everyone in those cabins online. 

6 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

I must have missed that show.

Now if you had said the percentage was 7 of 9. 😁

Live long, and prosper.

If you've never watched I recommend you binge watch it now.  Lots of funny Canadiana references.  One of the cast is Canadian (Cobie Smulders from Vancouver) and they build it into the script hilariously.  Lots of spoofs of hilarious stereotypes.  🙂 

• Like 2

I think it's an interesting question, from the revenue point of view. I love logistics and stuff. I'm also curious to know the bev packages and things like that too. People here sometimes have great insight into the behind the scenes information of the business side.

Depends on region, season and cruise length.

In places like the Med and Alaska with more port intensive itinerary I think the Voom adoption rate is lower.  

On shorter cruises I think some go without to keep expenses down and they deal with withdrawal knowing it's just a few days.

When there are more younger children present many families still don't let their youngest children have devices.

I believe the trend is more devices connecting on board and that trend will continue to increase going forward.  There are more today compared to five years ago and five years from now there will be more compared to today.  

Edited by twangster