DINING RESERVATIONS

Since dining reservations can only be made once onboard now, is it possible for the Diamond Concierge to be of any help with this either beforehand or once onboard?  If so, does anyone have the e-mail for the Diamond Concierge on Symphony, please?

You can still make specialty dining reservations pre cruise, you just have to pay for them when you reserve them. When we book pre cruise, we only make the reservation for one person to lock in the date and time, and then add the others to it once we are onboard.

28 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You can still make specialty dining reservations pre cruise, you just have to pay for them when you reserve them. When we book pre cruise, we only make the reservation for one person to lock in the date and time, and then add the others to it once we are onboard.

We purchased the Ultimate Dining Package.  Does that still apply?

1 minute ago, tamilyn said:

We purchased the Ultimate Dining Package.  Does that still apply?

We have the UDP on Oasis in June. I was told by a C & A rep that the ship would make our reservation for the first night wherever they chose; we would need to set up the other nights once we were on board. 

8 minutes ago, panoramaofthepast said:

We have the UDP on Oasis in June. I was told by a C & A rep that the ship would make our reservation for the first night wherever they chose; we would need to set up the other nights once we were on board. 

That's what I thought.  But, I was wondering if maybe the Diamond Concierge could help with this either beforehand or after boarding.  It seemed to be a nightmare for people standing in line on boarding day scheduling their reservations on Oddessy last month.  

I don’t believe the Diamond concierge comes on duty til 5 pm on the first day. It would probably be much easier to go to any restaurant with a list in hand and make all your reservations when you board. We had no trouble doing it on the Anthem a couple of weeks ago. We could have asked the Suite Concierge, but it really wasn’t necessary. We had no problem getting all the times we wanted. You can also change whatever reservation they have set up for you for the first day. 

• Like 1

FWIW, on the Anthem a couple weeks ago the line waiting for the Diamond concierge the first day was longer than the (non-existent) line at Jamie's.  Very easy to make reservations.

@RosieRoo beat me to it....we were on the same sailing.

Edited by Husky1987
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

FWIW, on the Anthem a couple weeks ago the line waiting for the Diamond concierge the first day was longer than the (non-existent) line at Jamie's.  Very easy to make reservations.

@RosieRoo beat me to it....we were on the same sailing.

I agree. Leo seemed to always have a line of people waiting to chat with him. I only actually spoke to him while waiting in the back to back lounge. The people at Jamie’s were super helpful and accommodating. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 1

I thought maybe the concierge might be able to do it before we board if I emailed them.  I really had no idea as I have never used them for this service before.   We were just behind some folks at Izumi on the first day on Oddessy a couple of weeks ago and it seemed to take FOREVER to make their reservations for the week.  Just trying to avoid that, if possible.  But, no worries, we will be on a cruise and that's all that matters.  Everything else will work itself out.  I may try to e-mail the concierge just to see what they say.  Thanks for the comments!

3 minutes ago, tamilyn said:

I thought maybe the concierge might be able to do it before we board if I emailed them.  I really had no idea as I have never used them for this service before.   We were just behind some folks at Izumi on the first day on Oddessy a couple of weeks ago and it seemed to take FOREVER to make their reservations for the week.  Just trying to avoid that, if possible.  But, no worries, we will be on a cruise and that's all that matters.  Everything else will work itself out.  I may try to e-mail the concierge just to see what they say.  Thanks for the comments!

If you have the UDP you can’t book the restaurants until the actual day you sail. We experienced this because we were on a back to back. The first week we ate in Coastal Kitchen, but we had the UDP the second week and were unable to book any reservations in advance. We were told no reservations could be made until the new cruise was loaded in their system. The maitre’d tried to do it, but the system wouldn’t allow it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tamilyn said:

That's what I thought.  But, I was wondering if maybe the Diamond Concierge could help with this either beforehand or after boarding.  It seemed to be a nightmare for people standing in line on boarding day scheduling their reservations on Oddessy last month.  

On board you can book via the app.  No more waiting in line. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

If you have the UDP you can’t book the restaurants until the actual day you sail. We experienced this because we were on a back to back. The first week we ate in Coastal Kitchen, but we had the UDP the second week and were unable to book any reservations in advance. We were told no reservations could be made until the new cruise was loaded in their system. The maitre’d tried to do it, but the system wouldn’t allow it. 

The suite Concierge made all my reservations for me on Symphony last month. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I can't wait for them to do mine.  Bought the 3 night package for HM next month😇

Edit I'm app challenged

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m sure they can make them once the new voyage is loaded in the system which seems to be the day before, but I didn’t want to bother her so we just waited and did it ourselves. She actually offered to do it for us when we were on board, but the OP is not in a suite and I’m not sure that’s a service the Diamond Concierge would offer. The Suite Concierge emails you ahead of time, but I’ve never been emailed by a Diamond concierge. 

Edited by RosieRoo
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the words of wisdom! I called C & A; their answer was that the first night reservation would be made in advance by them at the time we selected and we could then make all the others once we were onboard. We can also change Night 1 if we wish. This seems to jibe with the thoughts on this thread, so we will plan to visit the restaurants once on board. We have never been on Oasis, so we can do that as we explore. 

Sixty one days, but who's counting?!?!?!?

We have booked unlimited dining. Can anyone give me a quick walk through on the meal time booking process on the APP once we get on board in June!!  

Logged in the Royal App for my cruise… where do I start?  My Calendar or under Dining???  I have already looked at the restaurant venues and know which are open for lunch from the Royal App, more than I expected! How does it know we have unlimited dining?!?

Thanks for providing a Dummy’s Guide to On Board Booking of RCI Specialty Restaurants!  

Also very much like that we can Take Out and dine on our deck under the Midnight Sun on our Alaskan cruise! 

19 minutes ago, Turangi! said:

My Calendar or under Dining???

Yes, but you can’t do anything until you are on board and visiting the host desk at one of the venues might yield better times and faster conclusion to the process.