Solstice To Replace Millie - Mexican Riviera 2022

Cruising89143

Still have not been moved.  We are still going to the Mexican Rivera on Millie at this point.  Spoke to out TA and he tried to get X to assign us a particular cabin for our B2B and they refused, saying that the moves could taken through early May!!  Don't know where they are starting , but we are in concierge class and have yet to be moved

10 minutes ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Still have not been moved.  We are still going to the Mexican Rivera on Millie at this point.  Spoke to out TA and he tried to get X to assign us a particular cabin for our B2B and they refused, saying that the moves could taken through early May!!  Don't know where they are starting , but we are in concierge class and have yet to be moved

It seems to be hit or miss who has gotten their info and who hasn't - so I haven't figured out a pattern - I just hope we find out soon! 

On 4/12/2022 at 10:23 AM, Compass Rose Monica said:

My Solstice 2023 cruise has been cancelled.

This is the second time trying to cruise in Japan. I think I'm done with this part of the world.

Monica

Dear Guest,

We are contacting you to provide an update on the status of your 2022/23 cruise vacation. Due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding the restart of international operations in the Asia region, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our Celebrity Solstice sailings in this part of the world and will be relocating the ship to the Mexican Riviera. As a result, we will be canceling all Celebrity Solstice Asia sailings currently scheduled to depart September 16, 2022 through April 21, 2023......

Wait a second!  It was supposed to be 1-month deal in back in March 2020.  Now, it is at least 3 years!  So funny!  We actually cancelled our Celebrity Millennium Hong Kong to Singapore December 2020 cruise on February 10, 2020 (even before shmandemic was announced).  Then AA was refusing to give us refund for our air tickets saying we only do it for flights within next month (up to the end of April 2020).

Edited by kirtihk

On 4/12/2022 at 6:52 AM, pixiedust777 said:

Not thrilled. 
We had a spectacular oversized aft balcony family veranda on the Millie.

The Solstice has nothing comparable as the corner aft staterooms are sky suites.

Will probably cancel.

We did as well.... snagged one of the FV corner balcony cabins. 

We missed a big birthday celebration during CoVid and our cruise has been moved twice due to the same and twice before that due to charters.  Eventually, I am hoping to cruise on Celebrity again ... it's just not looking good for us.  I would gladly cruise on the Solstice but unless they upgrade us to a suite (I don't think that will happen), the room just won't be able to compare to the one we lost.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We did as well.... snagged one of the FV corner balcony cabins. 

We missed a big birthday celebration during CoVid and our cruise has been moved twice due to the same and twice before that due to charters.  Eventually, I am hoping to cruise on Celebrity again ... it's just not looking good for us.  I would gladly cruise on the Solstice but unless they upgrade us to a suite (I don't think that will happen), the room just won't be able to compare to the one we lost.

I agree that the aft corner sky suites on the Solstice would be the only comparable Stateroom to the spacious corner aft we had on the Millie.

However I highly doubt Celebrity will see it that way.

At the moment I just would like to know which stateroom I have been assigned and if my airfare booked through Celebrity is still valid since it was tied to the cruise on the Millie.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 4:18 PM, pixiedust777 said:

I would just like to know how they are going to accommodate the ones that had one of the 12 aft family veranda staterooms booked on the Millennium.  There are only 4 staterooms of that class on the Solstice and they are all the way forward and no where near the same balcony size.

I keep checking and currently it shows that I am still on the Millennium September 24th-30th doing a Coastal Pacific Itinerary  instead of my booked Mexican Riviera. 🙄

We were also in one of those family verandas on the same dates ... however, mine still says it is in on the Mexican Riveria sailing.  It would have been nice for them to give us a choice of the same stateroom for the PC itinerary in the same cabin on the Millie (and prorate it for one day less) or to ask if we wanted to switch over to the Solstice for the Mexican Riviera.  I don't ever choose my cruises based on the itinerary but for the ship and the cabin I can get.  I know that is not how most people book their sailings but, it is how I book mine.  Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in losing that cabin after looking forward to this cruise for so long.  My brother and his wife were going to come with us and we were going to spend time out on that big balcony.  Now, I doubt if they will be joining us.  

41 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

I agree that the aft corner sky suites on the Solstice would be the only comparable Stateroom to the spacious corner aft we had on the Millie.

At the moment I just would like to know which stateroom I have been assigned and if my airfare booked through Celebrity is still valid since it was tied to the cruise on the Millie.

I agree with you ... they won't see it that way.  I just returned from a cruise on Saturday so called Celebrity this morning.  I was rather surprised they were doing this all automatically as before, when ships have been chartered, we were given options and asked to call in with our desired change.  

Celebrity has been good to us in the past so hopefully, they will give us something comparable to what we already booked.  I'm thinking that the those that have gotten their changes already confirmed were easy ones and not those where they are trying to fit 14 square pegs into 4 round holes.  Decisions will have to be made on what they are going to do. 

When I spoke to the rep on the phone this morning, she put me on hold for about 15 minutes while she spoke with the resolutions dept.  She did say that if I didn't receive word by the 26th, I should call back and find out what is happening.  She also stated our category was guaranteed as well as all our perks.  I have a lot of OBC on this sailing due to those charters and surely don't want to lose that.  I don't really even mind changing the date if that works out better for them.  I have no air booked as of yet ... we will see what happens.   

On 4/17/2022 at 9:25 AM, TexasTraveler1020 said:

If I rebook myself it’s going to cost more (at least $500 more) … if we wait for them to rebook us, they honor our original pricing… 

Yes, I just checked our prices. If we book now it is $565.00 more per person.

6 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

With due respect,  those of us who paid a lot more would not be very happy if they just gave you Sky Suites, especially those which are S1 and the most desirable.  I do understand the frustration however and feel some compensation would be in order.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

With due respect,  those of us who paid a lot more would not be very happy if they just gave you Sky Suites, especially those which are S1 and the most desirable.  I do understand the frustration however and feel some compensation would be in order.

I never said give us those staterooms. Since they are the only comparable ones to what we have already booked we should be offered those staterooms first.

I chose this stateroom specifically for the oversized  balcony and space over a sky suite.

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

I completely agree. We booked a Celebrity Suite on a revolutionized ship and were swapped to a ship that is much older and has less of the benefits we paid for. To make matters worse, X is trying to charge us $1,000 more. I know they say to call and they will fix it, but it is not what we booked and they keep making mistakes. Since we have to call, we will be calling to cancel. They could have simply sent the Solstice to the Caribbean and left the Millie alone and avoided all of this. I really hope X pays attention to some of these posts.

• Like 2

Well, our B2B starting Oct 1 status is this:

First sailing moved to Solstice in a port side cabin almost foward

Second sailing still on Millie !!

Phone started blowing up yesterday early afternoon and I had no idea what the hell was going on.  Looked and sure enough X had cancelled 14 nights of dinning reservations in the main dinning room.  I looked at my booking and started to get excited , but only one sailing moved to a less  desirable location (this can and will be changed).  Guess they know it's a B2B since they cancelled both sailing dinning reservations, but hoping that the second sailing switches out today so I can move cabins while the ones we want are still open.

Time will tell  ! 

15 hours ago, snarfbunny said:

I completely agree. We booked a Celebrity Suite on a revolutionized ship and were swapped to a ship that is much older and has less of the benefits we paid for. To make matters worse, X is trying to charge us $1,000 more. I know they say to call and they will fix it, but it is not what we booked and they keep making mistakes. Since we have to call, we will be calling to cancel. They could have simply sent the Solstice to the Caribbean and left the Millie alone and avoided all of this. I really hope X pays attention to some of these posts.

I am on the October 15 cruise and my transition has gone well, except would rather have been on a Revolutionized ship. Sending Solstice to the Caribbean was apparently not an option. Celebrity Solstice class ships cannot go through the Panama Canal. As discussed earlier, there is apparently a fit issue related to fitting under the Canal bridges.

Edited by edgee

51 minutes ago, TXranchgal said:

Just checked and our ship now shows Solstice doing the Calif Coastal.  We have a similar balcony cabin.   We are doing a B2B but unable to get the same cabin.  That's OK - We're just

happy to be going.  

23 minutes ago, TexasTraveler1020 said:

which sailing dates are you on?

17 minutes ago, edgee said:

I am on the October 15 cruise and my transition has gone well, except would rather have been on a Revolutionized ship. Sending Solstice to the Caribbean was apparently not an option. Celebrity Solstice class ships cannot go through the Panama Canal. As discussed earlier, there is apparently a fit issue related to fitting under the Canal bridges.

We  are on the Oct. 15th also, and we are still on an "undefined" cruise with no cabin number.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, casandbliz said:

We  are on the Oct. 15th also, and we are still on an "undefined" cruise with no cabin number.

You're not alone; we're still showing as going to Southern Caribbean on October 15 (booked Mexican Riviera).  

On 4/18/2022 at 6:00 PM, phoenix_dream said:

We had S1 6146 on the Millie 12/3 sailing and have not been reassign to the Solstice yet.  I checked the Suites are open to the public booking, about 1/2 the S1s are occupied.  Just sent a note to my TA, getting concerned.

We were on the November 19 Mexican Riviera Millie sailing in a balcony cabin on the hump.  Next, we were moved to the Solstice in the Caribbean.  The website now has us listed on the Solstice to Mexican Riviera, but we are assigned to an Oceanview stateroom! This is the craziest mess I've ever seen - with no communication from Celebrity!  I will give it a day or two to see if they correct our stateroom. If not, I'm canceling. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Moneyscruise said:

We were on the November 19 Mexican Riviera Millie sailing in a balcony cabin on the hump.  Next, we were moved to the Solstice in the Caribbean.  The website now has us listed on the Solstice to Mexican Riviera, but we are assigned to an Oceanview stateroom! This is the craziest mess I've ever seen - with no communication from Celebrity!  I will give it a day or two to see if they correct our stateroom. If not, I'm canceling. 

If you booked through a TA then I suggest giving them a call to be moved to the correct category. If you booked directly with X then call them. The only rooms that cannot be changed at this time is the Retreat as it’s not open with the exception of a few dates. 

17 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

If you booked through a TA then I suggest giving them a call to be moved to the correct category. If you booked directly with X then call them. The only rooms that cannot be changed at this time is the Retreat as it’s not open with the exception of a few dates. 

Ive talked to 3 different celebrity reps and all of them say that they can't help me with my new room until the reservation is switched over - that it is a manual process and just have to wait - but mine hasn't changed at all the whole time - so just waiting and waiting! 

7 minutes ago, TexasTraveler1020 said:

Ive talked to 3 different celebrity reps and all of them say that they can't help me with my new room until the reservation is switched over - that it is a manual process and just have to wait - but mine hasn't changed at all the whole time - so just waiting and waiting! 

The person above states that they have been moved over to the Solstice but in the wrong category. Since X has opened all categories for booking from Aqua down, they should be able to get them to the correct category. My CVP moved my location on Friday as I did not like where they placed me.  

On 4/18/2022 at 6:18 PM, pixiedust777 said:

I never said give us those staterooms. Since they are the only comparable ones to what we have already booked we should be offered those staterooms first.

I chose this stateroom specifically for the oversized  balcony and space over a sky suite.

I am confused.  Your response is full of contradictions. You say you never said they should give you those staterooms and then you say you should be offered those first. Huh?? I don't know what you mean.