Be careful of testing requirements!!

On 4/17/2022 at 1:22 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Unfortunately yes. But if it happens the media will spin it so the cruise ship is to blame.

Not while the cruise-lines are pumping so many advertising dollars into the media outlets. Ships have gone from petri dishes to the best thing since sliced bread!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Not while the cruise-lines are pumping so many advertising dollars into the media outlets. Ships have gone from petri dishes to the best thing since sliced bread!

That depends, ACA was a nice bright pro-cruising story, but read ACA's social media pages and they are copping a 4:1 bagging from their subscribers. They know they are onto a series of ACA episodes if anything goes wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

Until the lurgy strikes a ship, then the floating petri dish thing will be reactivated by the frenzied media.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

The media has been known to bite the hand that feeds them in the past.

On 4/14/2022 at 7:00 PM, arxcards said:

I have heard positive things this afternoon while I managed to get my Medallion app issues sorted. Seems it wasn't the app itself, but wrong details attached to the booking number at their end.

The detail of the new guidelines hasn't been announced by the states, but the cruise lines have them and are working through how the details look on the ground.

As far as the various testing, nothing is finalised.

When it comes to independently going ashore, they are confident this will not be restricted - but not yet in writing.

Just an update on the new guidelines. I have received a reply from my email to Stuart Ayres the NSW minister responsible. It is all looking positive at the moment re doing your own thing and not doing ship shore excursions as long as you are fully vaccinated.

If you have a medical certificate to say you can’t have the Vaccine for any reason you must do an organised tour. Just waiting to here from the cruise company.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

Just an update on the new guidelines. I have received a reply from my email to Stuart Ayres the NSW minister responsible. It is all looking positive at the moment re doing your own thing and not doing ship shore excursions as long as you are fully vaccinated.

If you have a medical certificate to say you can’t have the Vaccine for any reason you must do an organised tour. Just waiting to here from the cruise company.

That sounds sensible. 

2 hours ago, resordanis said:

Glad that is sorted for you.

Did the honorable member mention anything about pre-embark testing?

38 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Glad that is sorted for you.

Did the honorable member mention anything about pre-embark testing?

No 🤣🤣🤣 Not sorted, still waiting for P&O and thanks for reminding me I will ask re pre-embark testing. Still no insurance with Covid Cover though and pre existing!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, resordanis said:

No 🤣🤣🤣 Not sorted, still waiting for P&O and thanks for reminding me I will ask re pre-embark testing. Still no insurance with Covid Cover though and pre existing!

Self administered RAT or PCR tests will be accepted!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, resordanis said:

REALLY, a self-administered RAT? Under supervision or no supervision?  If unsupervised, that's even better, but how could that possibly be accepted?

Edited by CDaze71
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

REALLY, a self-administered RAT? Under supervision or no supervision?  If unsupervised, that's even better, but how could that possibly be accepted?

Maybe if you did the test there in front of princess staff and waited the 15 mins??? It would be acceptable???

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Self administered in the terminal under supervision of terminal staff? That could work, and is technically not a supervised RAT that comes with documentation. Oh look, here's one I prepared earlier 😏

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

They have accepted those health forms without question for the past whatever years, even during the swine flu outbreak

• Like 1

We have a Blue lagoon cruise next month in Fiji. We need a supervised RAT test within 24hrs of flying,  we then have to have booked before departure another supervised RAT within 48hrs of landing,  then another RAT before cruising if there has been more then 24hrs since the last test 😱

Makes for a stressful start to a holiday. 

Fingers crossed 🤞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, resordanis said:

I doubt that a self-administered RAT would be acceptable unless it was done in the terminal under supervision and I can't see that as practical. Another disadvantage of this would be that some people who test positive would be in the terminal with everyone else. It would be better for them to be found 'positive' the previous day or at least, before they have a chance to get to the terminal.

My Princess Personalizer has the following information:

At terminal check-in guests must provide proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before or at embarkation.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, joejoe 59 said:

We have a Blue lagoon cruise next month in Fiji. We need a supervised RAT test within 24hrs of flying,  we then have to have booked before departure another supervised RAT within 48hrs of landing,  then another RAT before cruising if there has been more then 24hrs since the last test 😱

Makes for a stressful start to a holiday. 

Fingers crossed 🤞

A lot of stress, you would need a few Bundys, lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I doubt that a self-administered RAT would be acceptable unless it was done in the terminal under supervision and I can't see that as practical. Another disadvantage of this would be that some people who test positive would be in the terminal with everyone else. It would be better for them to be found 'positive' the previous day or at least, before they have a chance to get to the terminal.

My Princess Personalizer has the following information:

At terminal check-in guests must provide proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before or at embarkation.

I agree with this. A positive test the day before would mean that that person hasn't turned up to the terminal infecting others. And they certainly won't accept a RAT done at home, unsupervised. I think the likely scenario is a Supervised RAT done 24 hours before. 

• Like 1

Just now, CDaze71 said:

I agree with this. A positive test the day before would mean that that person hasn't turned up to the terminal infecting others. And they certainly won't accept a RAT done at home, unsupervised. I think the likely scenario is a Supervised RAT done 24 hours before. 

Very true. So the process is to go into “somewhere” that is doing supervised rat tests, they do, and give you a letter???

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

That is what I think - a supervised RAT within 24 hours.

• Like 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

Very true. So the process is to go into “somewhere” that is doing supervised rat tests, they do, and give you a letter???

YES. Chemists are starting to do them from between $30 and $45pp. Results written on a report with your personal details on them.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

YES. Chemists are starting to do them from between $30 and $45pp. Results written on a report with your personal details on them.

I think I saw that Chemist Warehouse is charging $29.95.

P.S. your post above is acceptable. It is only posts naming travel agents that are prohibited.🙂

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1