Be careful of testing requirements!!

Reading the comments below the clip, it seems there aren't many Chemist Warehouse doing them. But maybe more stores will in the future. Call your local store.

Edited by CDaze71
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CDaze71 said:

Reading the comments below the clip, it seems there aren't many Chemist Warehouse doing them. But maybe in the future. 

We are going to Brisbane 13 June prior to sailing 16 June so will have couple of days to organise. But plan on doing our own rat before we leave Melbourne.

I am hoping we get clarification before we go closer to cruising as to how it will work for B2B if we only plan to remain on board in transit area???

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I doubt that a self-administered RAT would be acceptable unless it was done in the terminal under supervision and I can't see that as practical. Another disadvantage of this would be that some people who test positive would be in the terminal with everyone else. It would be better for them to be found 'positive' the previous day or at least, before they have a chance to get to the terminal.

My Princess Personalizer has the following information:

At terminal check-in guests must provide proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before or at embarkation.

Princess themselves are saying before or at embarkation, so possible by their own terms that people can be positive at the terminal awaiting a test.

Imagine the impracticability for sure, with potential for 1000 passengers getting tested at the pier. They would need something similar to the pathology company setups in the airport to cope with those numbers.

7 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Princess themselves are saying before or at embarkation, so possible by their own terms that people can be positive at the terminal awaiting a test.

Imagine the impracticability for sure, with potential for 1000 passengers getting tested at the pier. They would need something similar to the pathology company setups in the airport to cope with those numbers.

I guess those of us on June 16th first princess trip will be filling the rest of you in????? And hopefully Princess will release details soon. Their website still says Aus & NZ information to come.

• Like 2

OK, I have just done a ring around to my local chemists. I'm in BRISBANE.
My two local Chemist Warehouses doesn't do them, but they told me that Mt Gravatt does. I didn't call them. But I did call Good Price Pharmacy and they are doing them. You book online and they are $30pp.

Edited by CDaze71
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

My two local Chemist Warehouses doesn't do them, but they told me that Mt Gravatt does. I didn't call them. But I did call Good Price Pharmacy and they are doing them. You book online and they are $30pp.

I will be staying wynnum for the 3 days before 16th June so will check up round there. So RAT is to be done within the 24 hours to boarding???? Ive seen / read / checked so many things Im boggled lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I guess those of us on June 16th first princess trip will be filling the rest of you in????? And hopefully Princess will release details soon. Their website still says Aus & NZ information to come.

I would expect that those on the Pacific Explorer 31/5/22 cruise will be the guinea pigs for us all 🙂

• Like 3

Checking on line, a supervised RAT at Chemist Warehouse is $29.99, but you have to find a pharmacy that is doing these tests. In the next few weeks it is likely more and more pharmacies will be involved.

At Terry White, the cost is $39.95 + the cost of the test at RRP. Ouch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I will be staying wynnum for the 3 days before 16th June so will check up round there. So RAT is to be done within the 24 hours to boarding???? Ive seen / read / checked so many things Im boggled lol

No we don't know the specifics of the protocols yet, just us making assumptions at the moment.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stki said:

I would expect that those on the Pacific Explorer 31/5/22 cruise will be the guinea pigs for us all 🙂

Yes I guess so,  presuming all cruise lines will follow same guidelines

6 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Yes I guess so,  presuming all cruise lines will follow same guidelines

P & O and Princess are both part of Carnival, but I expect it will be a Govt guideline

• Like 1

We're driving up on the Friday before our Sunday 26th departure so will have the whole of Saturday to figure out where to get tested - although I'm hoping you local folk will give me some advice sometime during the week before.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We're driving up on the Friday before our Sunday 26th departure so will have the whole of Saturday to figure out where to get tested - although I'm hoping you local folk will give me some advice sometime during the week before.

I will be able to let you know before that. 🙂

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, stki said:

Yep. All of the Carnival brands will be pretty close to each other, but there are still variables down the track for when the international side opens up.

Bring on 31st May

OIP.jpg.8329f71c178c578722d69b71d828dd08.jpg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm on to it. Called and visited chemists today. I tried phoning Chemist Warhouse at Mt Gravatt but they didn't answer. So I emailed them, waiting on a reply. But my local Chemist Warehouse said that Mt Gravatt does them. Also Good Price Pharmacy do them.

Edited by CDaze71
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, doenbucket said:

Thank you so much. Very helpful. Just need to check where.

I tried phoning Chemist Warhouse Mt Gravatt but they didn't answer. So I emailed them, waiting on a reply. But my local Chemist Warehouse said that Mt Gravatt does them. Also Good Price Pharmacy do them.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 1:51 PM, resordanis said:

Just an update on the new guidelines. I have received a reply from my email to Stuart Ayres the NSW minister responsible. It is all looking positive at the moment re doing your own thing and not doing ship shore excursions as long as you are fully vaccinated.

If you have a medical certificate to say you can’t have the Vaccine for any reason you must do an organised tour. Just waiting to here from the cruise company.

Just another update, we did cancel our 14th June cruise today. P&O have been amazing as has Stuart Ayres the Minister for Tourism in NSW. In the end it was getting Covid cover travel insurance (with pre existing) at this late stage that got us! We will now fly to Cairns on the same weekend with no restrictions.  Hopefully by October when our cruises start again, things might be a little clearer.

I might add I do feel all with be fine in the first few cruises. There will be no restrictions on getting off the ship unless you have not been vaccinated and a RAT tests seems the easiest.

Hope everyone has a great few cruises initially  and glad to see cruising is about to recommence.

Edited by resordanis
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 3:24 PM, CDaze71 said:

Where abouts are Good price pharmacy's?  We live at Tin Can so nowhere around us🤔 

21 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Where abouts are Good price pharmacy's?  We live at Tin Can so nowhere around us🤔 

If you are driving to Brisbane to go on a cruise, maybe you could go to a pharmacy on the way. I haven't checked with Good Price Pharmacies to see if they do supervised RATs because they don't open until 8.30. There is one at 249A Leitchs Road Brendale (near Bald Hills), ph 3205 5771, and one at 219 Stafford Road, Stafford (in the old Stafford shopping area, not the newer large shopping centre near Bunnings). Phone 3357 4810.

On 4/20/2022 at 4:26 PM, CDaze71 said:

I'm on to it. Called and visited chemists today. I tried phoning Chemist Warhouse at Mt Gravatt but they didn't answer. So I emailed them, waiting on a reply. But my local Chemist Warehouse said that Mt Gravatt does them. Also Good Price Pharmacy do them.

I found out the Terry White pharmacy at Lutwyche is doing them but not taking bookings for June at this stage.  Hopefully more places will start doing them as it’s a pain in the butt when you have to drive to Brisbane from the country the day before and then go and get this test done.  I know it will be worth it in the end though!

1 minute ago, kenexx said:

I found out the Terry White pharmacy at Lutwyche is doing them but not taking bookings for June at this stage.  Hopefully more places will start doing them as it’s a pain in the butt when you have to drive to Brisbane from the country the day before and then go and get this test done.  I know it will be worth it in the end though!

I am not getting too excited about a booking for a RAT until closer to our 29th June cruise. I am sure more pharmacies will offer them in two months' time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

If you are driving to Brisbane to go on a cruise, maybe you could go to a pharmacy on the way. I haven't checked with Good Price Pharmacies to see if they do supervised RATs because they don't open until 8.30. There is one at 249A Leitchs Road Brendale (near Bald Hills), ph 3205 5771, and one at 219 Stafford Road, Stafford (in the old Stafford shopping area, not the newer large shopping centre near Bunnings). Phone 3357 4810.

Thanks to the great info on here I discovered Brendale are doing them for $20.00 each we have to supply rat test. Good price at Kawana are $30 & at Cooroy $40. They aren't taking any bookings just turn up. At least there are more options opening up.

• Like 2