P&O LATERAL FLOW -BEFORE YOU GO

kalos

The new approach is IMO better for your peace of mind with no agonising wait at the terminal for your free LFT test result. You will know the day before that you will get on the ship. As for paying for it you have to do that to fly as well.

I can see why IMO this topic needs to be tightly concentrated on the specifics of the pre cruise test as it is common for topics to wander off the original theme and I for one do not like having to wade through a lot of posts to glean the information I require. This was evidenced when new participants ask questions which were answered on a page or so earlier, they might miss some important info.

• Like 2

My feedback when using Randox, I was going to order 5 LTFs and a home PCR to be picked up from a local store. As I went to do it I got interrupted and as a result I forgot until the following day, no problem still have plenty of time. Went through again with the order, get to the point where I select the pick up point and local shop no longer listed along with a lot of other points in reasonable distance. The nearest now is a round trip of 40 miles!!

Beware Randox appear to change pick up points at the drop of a hat.

I have also seen Eurofins and others no longer offer Covid testing (this is worth noting if you have "spare" tests), how many more will go making these tests dearer and harder to source? 

Edited by MX-Drew
  • Thanks 1

Totally agree.  I get fed up hearing in the media that we are free to travel without testing.  This is just not the case in several countries.  The UK may not require testing but lots still do.  And cancellations are still happening.  We were due to do a cruise of Indonesia in December out of Singapore - it got cancelled yesterday.

Just hope the in clinic testing doesn't go the same way.  We don't travel until October and already booked our tests, but they could still get cancelled.  Lets hope P&O review sooner rather than later. Just be grateful you aren't travelling with Marella - their tests can't be taken before 21.00 the day before flying out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShelaghL said:

Just be grateful you aren't travelling with Marella - their tests can't be taken before 21.00 the day before flying out!

I know, I did cruise Marella just before Christmas and couldn't get to sleep until I got the certificates through which was doubly annoying as it was an early flight. Luckily the certificate came quite quickly. Stress I could have done without.

For reference I used Randox that time.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShelaghL said:

Totally agree.  I get fed up hearing in the media that we are free to travel without testing.  This is just not the case in several countries.  The UK may not require testing but lots still do.  And cancellations are still happening.  We were due to do a cruise of Indonesia in December out of Singapore - it got cancelled yesterday.

Just hope the in clinic testing doesn't go the same way.  We don't travel until October and already booked our tests, but they could still get cancelled.  Lets hope P&O review sooner rather than later. Just be grateful you aren't travelling with Marella - their tests can't be taken before 21.00 the day before flying out!

It is all a bit of a muddle. We go on a Tui river cruise in just over 4 weeks so was planning on using Lloyds chemist close by, there were test appointments 6 days a week, now it is only selected days, they do currently have availability to suit our needs in a Lloyds in Wakefield. Fortunately we can test within 48 hours of our flight departure. It seems strange that the rules are different for a Tui sea cruise. 

• Like 1

I agree it is a muddle every cruise line seems to have their own idea of if, how and when

the tests should be done . Maybe each board should set a thread like this one which is ...

"P&O Lateral Flow Before You Go"  (Fit To Fly Cert ) . If we put all other cruise lines into 

this thread ,then it just makes it harder ,scrolling past trying to find how people have got 

on with their tests for a P&O cruise .  Glad to read the above posts though as it shows 

that not all cruise lines will be using same methods and that is handy to know.:classic_smile:

15 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I did our tests for our cruise yesterday and the certificates took about 40 minutes to come through. Although the tests were negative it was still an anxious waiting for them!!

Who did you use for your tests :classic_smile:

Another concern is what happens if your LFT day before appointment is cancelled AND your self test is delayed by the company. It appears that we (the UK) are racing toward a 'covid does not matter or exist' stance. So you need testing but the test companies are winding down their operations.

Maybe organize yet another home test.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Another concern is what happens if your LFT day before appointment is cancelled AND your self test is delayed by the company. It appears that we (the UK) are racing toward a 'covid does not matter or exist' stance. So you need testing but the test companies are winding down their operations.

This is exactly what I said above but worded much better.

I have already discovered a company I had used and trusted in the past have stopped Covid testing and gone back to their core business.

Another concern is what happens if you purchase (or have a "spare") LFT, say a month early, then come the day you need to register it and get a certificate and find that company have ceased their covid testing arm of the business? 

I just hope you would qualify for the P&O at embarkation test.

Sorry @kalos if this does not fit this thread but the answer to this is I believe relevant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Who did you use for your tests :classic_smile:

I used Boots, ordered online and self-test, up load result (I posted the leaflet giving all the information on how to earlier in this thread) and then wait for the certificate to be issued. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

I did our tests for our cruise yesterday and the certificates took about 40 minutes to come through. Although the tests were negative it was still an anxious waiting for them!!

Purplesea, how come you did your tests yesterday if you are joining Azura tomorrow?    I thought they were supposed to be done the day before. i.e. today. I hope you don't mind me asking. 

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

All ready to go then!. Have a great cruise and enjoy your trip to Bristol.🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Glad to read the above posts though as it shows 

that not all cruise lines will be using same methods and that is handy to know.:classic_smile:

52 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Sorry @kalos if this does not fit this thread but the answer to this is I believe relevant.

So do I and if you note I liked your post hours ago, sorry you thought otherwise .

My only concern was we get bogged down with posts that have nothing to do with 

P&O Cruisers and how the other cruise lines do things but as I said ,it was good to read 

and warn readers not to think P&O's way is the only way . Sorry for any confusion :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Booked a Boots home LFT test with certification so now i have a plan A,B and C 🤞

• Like 7

4 hours ago, purplesea said:

Did ours yesterday for tomorrows flight/cruise used randox and the certificate came through in less than five minutes

• Like 1

Just completed the at home Randox test for Britannia tomorrow. Pleased to say we both tested negative and received our certificates within 10 minutes of submission despite doing it at 9pm.

I have the app on an Android phone and while I worked it all out eventually, I didn't find the process as clear as it could have been. Caused a bit more stress than I would have liked.

• Like 4

On 4/27/2022 at 4:01 PM, MX-Drew said:

This is exactly what I said above but worded much better.

I have already discovered a company I had used and trusted in the past have stopped Covid testing and gone back to their core business.

Another concern is what happens if you purchase (or have a "spare") LFT, say a month early, then come the day you need to register it and get a certificate and find that company have ceased their covid testing arm of the business? 

I just hope you would qualify for the P&O at embarkation test.

I note that Lloyds online say that their home tests are currently out of stock.

24 minutes ago, tim2go said:

Just completed the at home Randox test for Britannia tomorrow. Pleased to say we both tested negative and received our certificates within 10 minutes of submission despite doing it at 9pm.

I have the app on an Android phone and while I worked it all out eventually, I didn't find the process as clear as it could have been. Caused a bit more stress than I would have liked.

I hope you have an awesome cruise on Britannia Tim.

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

• Thanks 1

Do you know, after all this discussion I'm still worrying about my test tomorrow 😕 

Our embarkation is 12.30 on Saturday so I'm going to do it tomorrow afternoon so it's both 'the day before' and 'within 24 hours'

I worry to much I think😉

• Like 4