Covid Test freak out.

tdtanc

15 hours ago, smplybcause said:

See if the fll airport has any testing. It'll cost you but the airports all have rapid testing. 

Testing was available in baggage claim back in January. I can't say for sure about now.

Not criticizing OP specifically but why are you all getting PCR tests at all? They unnecessarily jeopardize your trip.

A rapid test will tell you if you have an active infection, a PCR test will show positive if you've had covid anytime in the past 90 days.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, cello56 said:

Please remember that not everyone received the iHealth brand of tests as their free government tests!

I placed both of my Government orders and neither one of them were the iHealth brand. 

I wouldn't want people to be counting on doing this and then realize they don't have the needed test.

Thank you for pointing that out.  I received government tests but I don't know if they are iHealth brand.  I will have to check.  So, if I don't have the iHealth brand, I will need to buy that particular brand.  Thank you again!

Good Morning. OP here.

Totally my misunderstanding! I had it in my mind that we needed a PCR test 2 days out of the cruise and thats what I stuck with for the wife and I. Simple case of not following instructions which I'm normally very good at! 

Just a follow up. From friday around noon both our results from CVS and Walgreens came in just to alleviate anyones concerns about them not getting results back within 48 hours if you are cruising on a sunday. My biggest concern was that the Easter weekend was gonna be the exception.

Heading out to Odyseey soon.

God Bless 

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, tdtanc said:

Good Morning. OP here.

Totally my misunderstanding! I had it in my mind that we needed a PCR test 2 days out of the cruise and thats what I stuck with for the wife and I. Simple case of not following instructions which I'm normally very good at! 

Just a follow up. From friday around noon both our results from CVS and Walgreens came in just to alleviate anyones concerns about them not getting results back within 48 hours if you are cruising on a sunday. My biggest concern was that the Easter weekend was gonna be the exception.

God Bless 

Happy Easter and have a great time!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spooky981 said:

Not criticizing OP specifically but why are you all getting PCR tests at all? They unnecessarily jeopardize your trip.

A rapid test will tell you if you have an active infection, a PCR test will show positive if you've had covid anytime in the past 90 days.

This is not true.  A PCR could show positive if you’ve had it in the past 90 days, not will show.  And this isn’t that common.  

So while I would still do an antigen, stating PCR will show positive for 90 days just isn’t true.  I recently tested my kids (because they were sick again) and they test negative on a PCR test.  They both tested positive on antigen and PCR just two months prior when we all had Covid. I was really hoping they might show positive so we could avoid the testing (showing proof of recovery) for our upcoming cruise, but of course we weren’t so lucky.  Huge difference between could and will.  I’ve read that testing positive near the 90 day mark is quite rare statistically.  Sure it happens to a lot of people, but it is a very small minority.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, tdtanc said:

OK currently in panic mode. My wife does not have her results back from an urgent care clinic or walgreens she went to yesterday for the PCR test. Sail on Odyssey tomorrow and there are no port appointments.

Its Easter weekend!

What the freak are we supposed to do now??

She had 3 vaccinations. 

Most airports have test centers. Not sure about FLL, but MIA does. 

1 hour ago, topnole said:

This is not true.  A PCR could show positive if you’ve had it in the past 90 days, not will show.  And this isn’t that common.  

So while I would still do an antigen, stating PCR will show positive for 90 days just isn’t true.  I recently tested my kids (because they were sick again) and they test negative on a PCR test.  They both tested positive on antigen and PCR just two months prior when we all had Covid. I was really hoping they might show positive so we could avoid the testing (showing proof of recovery) for our upcoming cruise, but of course we weren’t so lucky.  Huge difference between could and will.  I’ve read that testing positive near the 90 day mark is quite rare statistically.  Sure it happens to a lot of people, but it is a very small minority.  

Semantics. Either way, you are rolling the dice and taking a risk that is completely unnecessary.

19 hours ago, tdtanc said:

OK currently in panic mode. My wife does not have her results back from an urgent care clinic or walgreens she went to yesterday for the PCR test. Sail on Odyssey tomorrow and there are no port appointments.

Its Easter weekend!

She had 3 vaccinations. 

KMIA has walk up testing in one of the terminals.

17 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I haven't read all of the responses so If this has been said, forgive me. Go to Walgreens right now and ask for your printed results. We had a problem getting our emailed results from Walgreens in Galveston 3 weeks ago. They said they had a "glitch" in the email system. We went inside and asked for our results. They printed them for us on the spot. No issue at all!

We had to do the same thing at our Walgreens. They messed up my husband's email address. They told him that they could not correct the email address and resend the report, but if he returned to the store they would print out a copy. We had no problems with check in. 

4 hours ago, tdtanc said:

Good Morning. OP here.

God Bless 

Happy Easter and Happy Sailing!

Please come back and do a review of the Odyssey...we'll be on her next week.

If you have the time...could you kindly please...find out what the expected number of passengers will be for the April 23rd transatlantic sailing.

Thank you, 🙂

8 hours ago, cello56 said:

Please remember that not everyone received the iHealth brand of tests as their free government tests!

I placed both of my Government orders and neither one of them were the iHealth brand. 

I wouldn't want people to be counting on doing this and then realize they don't have the needed test.

Yes, that is absolutely the case.  The instructions online are very clear to that point on the iHealth website.  An iHealth test can be purchased through them.

22 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

If you have the free government tests from iHealth, use this:

https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service

Be aware:

Technical Requirements 

The device you use to complete the appointment MUST meet the following requirements:

icon_wifi-1646944420971.svg?v=1646944422

Have a stable and video-capable Wi-Fi connection.

icon_laptop-1646944420979.svg?v=1646944432

Use an Internet-connected laptop or desktop computer only; tablets and smartphones are NOT supported.

icon_camera-1-1646944420977.svg?v=1646944428

The computer must have a mic AND a front-facing webcam.

icon_chrome-1646944420975.svg?v=1646944425

Compatible web browser: Google Chrome.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, XSWABBY said:

Be aware:

Technical Requirements 

The device you use to complete the appointment MUST meet the following requirements:

icon_wifi-1646944420971.svg?v=1646944422

Have a stable and video-capable Wi-Fi connection.

icon_laptop-1646944420979.svg?v=1646944432

Use an Internet-connected laptop or desktop computer only; tablets and smartphones are NOT supported.

icon_camera-1-1646944420977.svg?v=1646944428

The computer must have a mic AND a front-facing webcam.

icon_chrome-1646944420975.svg?v=1646944425

Compatible web browser: Google Chrome.

I was just about to post this same thing!  Definitely be aware!  

Also, you can order the iHealth tests from Amazon if you didn't get iHealth ones for free in the mail from the government.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

If you have the free government tests from iHealth, use this:

https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service

You can also use this with the iHealth test and they will allow smartphones. 

https://rapidtestandtrace.com/

No, I have not used them yet, but they have been very responsive to questions. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2022 at 4:32 PM, tdtanc said:

Its Easter weekend!

She had 3 vaccinations. 

We were advised that for a Monday boading, not to take a PCR test.  Most labs are closed on Sundays (and especially so on Easter Sunday).  An antigen test would have been better since it's rapid.  The PCR can take up to 48 hours and may not be available in time for a Monday boarding.  

Edit:  Sorry, I thought the original post was from Saturday for a Monday boarding.  I just saw the OP update. 

Edited by jerseygirl3

I was in Fort Lauderdale last few days and we visited the Walgreens on South Federal highway. I have arranged for a lateral flow test for both my wife and I as back up for our video monitored ones we are doing via the UK to allow us on the Wonder TA cruise this coming week.

The nice lady also suggested we took our second booster jab so we both ended up getting a moderna shot there and then. We were most impressed considering we are UK citizens.

Whilst we were sitting waiting, we saw two gents run out the fire exit with numerous high value goods from the store. A very interesting day.

Edited by Digjharper
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, spooky981 said:

Semantics. Either way, you are rolling the dice and taking a risk that is completely unnecessary.

Will and could are not semantics.  They mean very different things.  

Some people might want a PCR test given the higher false negative rates that go with antigen tests.  Anyone high risk who never had Covid for example.  They are the folks that won’t want to be on a ship and start to get bad case.  So perhaps they want a more precise test.  

Statements that state definitively that PCR tests will comeback positive for 90 post Covid recovery don’t do a service for anyone.  That is misinformation that may cause people to make decision that isn’t best for them.  

I really don’t understand why people make such statements, but yet it gets repeated and creates a lot of confusion.  

• Like 1