New vaccine requirements - 180 days within 14 days of embarkation

Franken

2 hours ago, Salt Lifer said:

Pardon me if I am misreading this, but it still sounds like Celebrity considers you vaccinated for their purposes as long as you have both shots (booster not required).  Though their wording does make it sound like they may eventually tighten the requirements.    Is this how others are interpreting this?

Yes that is fully vaccinated but some countries require the 270 Day from Fully Vaccinated or Booster.    On our next sailing and the European Protocols if you don't meet one of the aforementioned you would need to be tested up to 6 times at the passengers expense (they have a chart by ship and cruise destinations)

• Like 1

"

We received these new guidelines via email this morning.  My 1st booster was end of August so greater than 180 days. Luckily I was able to make an appt for a 2nd booster this week to ensure I’m within 14 days before embarkation.  
.....Unvaccinated Guests: Must present a negative RT-PCR Covid-19 Test taken within 3 days prior to sailing and take an antigen test at the Terminal prior to boarding. The PCR and antigen test may not be taken on the same day."

What is this about unvaccinated guests? This seems to suggest that the requirement that all guests and staff be vaccinated is no longer in effect??? Has Celebrity changed this? 5 minutes after I made my final payment!!!!!

Edited by 5waldos

2 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

"

We received these new guidelines via email this morning.  My 1st booster was end of August so greater than 180 days. Luckily I was able to make an appt for a 2nd booster this week to ensure I’m within 14 days before embarkation.  
.....Unvaccinated Guests: Must present a negative RT-PCR Covid-19 Test taken within 3 days prior to sailing and take an antigen test at the Terminal prior to boarding. The PCR and antigen test may not be taken on the same day."

What is this about unvaccinated guests? This seems to suggest that the requirement that all guests and staff be vaccinated is no longer in effect??? Has Celebrity changed this? 5 minutes after I made my final payment!!!!!

No, the website clearly still says vaccination is required for those 5 and older.  The part about unvaccinated guests refers to children under 5 and possibly a few rare exemptions granted for documented medical reasons.

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

No, the website clearly still says vaccination is required for those 5 and older.  The part about unvaccinated guests refers to children under 5 and possibly a few rare exemptions granted for documented medical reasons.

Whew- thanks. That would really be a game changer for me- there are enough cases showing up on cruises WITH everyone being vaccinated. 

Ok..so if a person has 2 primary doses and no boosters they can still cruise if it's been more than 180 days? Or even a year since 2nd primary dose?  They fall under fully vaccinated? Sorry, I do find it confusing. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SunFun80 said:

Ok..so if a person has 2 primary doses and no boosters they can still cruise if it's been more than 180 days? Or even a year since 2nd primary dose?  They fall under fully vaccinated? Sorry, I do find it confusing. 

It's confusing because different countries have different rules. What you are describing is someone who is considered "fully vaccinated." They can cruise from the US, but perhaps not from other countries, depending on their protocols.

Before posting people need to read the prior posts.

For most countries - no boosters required

For some countries - boosters requires including some in Europe and the Caribbean .

The only people not needing to be fully vaccinated are children under 5 or a RARE medical exemption.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Checked in today for an upcoming cruise.  Had to upload copy of vax card.  Boosters were listed as optional.  My vax card included boosters.  No mention of 180 or 270 days.  

I checked in for my Mediterranean cruise last week.  I was asked about date of second shot and date of booster.  Gave me option to upload two cards.  

13 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Before posting people need to read the prior posts.

For most countries - no boosters required

For some countries - boosters requires including some in Europe and the Caribbean .

The only people not needing to be fully vaccinated are children under 5 or a RARE medical exemption.

Your comment is very true.  But the problem here is the alarming (but inaccurate) title of the thread starting with "New Vaccine Requirements".  That is what is causing confusion.  This thread should probably be closed.

• Like 3

On 4/19/2022 at 9:06 AM, Guppy99 said:

You are reading this incorrectly. As long as you have received a booster you are Up to Date. As long as you have received a booster (at any time), you are fine

And your medical degree is from where?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loucat said:

And your medical degree is from where?

It doesn’t take a medical degree to read and understand the various statements about vaccine requirements. In this case, as I understand the statement in my app referring to my upcoming cruises, if my primary vaccination series was completed more than 270 days ago, I should get a booster. 

• Like 3

On 4/19/2022 at 9:42 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Yes that is fully vaccinated but some countries require the 270 Day from Fully Vaccinated or Booster.    On our next sailing and the European Protocols if you don't meet one of the aforementioned you would need to be tested up to 6 times at the passengers expense (they have a chart by ship and cruise destinations)

Do you have that chart?  I have a transatlantic planned for October leaving from the UK.  I would like to be able to plan accordingly.  I am vaccinated and but have no plans to booster.

6 hours ago, camella said:

Do you have that chart?  I have a transatlantic planned for October leaving from the UK.  I would like to be able to plan accordingly.  I am vaccinated and but have no plans to booster.

From the link below you can go to individual home ports protocols.  It has them for spring transatlantic and from Southampton for the summer but not autumn transatlantic yet. Once at the right port there is a link to a chart of requirements for each specific cruise from that port 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/travel

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sgmn said:

From the link below you can go to individual home ports protocols.  It has them for spring transatlantic and from Southampton for the summer but not autumn transatlantic yet. Once at the right port there is a link to a chart of requirements for each specific cruise from that port 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/travel

Actually the transatlantic is there under Southampton sailings

You have to either be 'up to date' (with booster) or fully vaccinated (without booster). This will determine how many tests you have to do

985808590_Screenshot_20220422-085126_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.4fe3d1c79c4e1cfb18e4683cf84729cc.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Actually the transatlantic is there under Southampton sailings

You have to either be 'up to date' (with booster) or fully vaccinated (without booster). This will determine how many tests you have to do

985808590_Screenshot_20220422-085126_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.4fe3d1c79c4e1cfb18e4683cf84729cc.jpg

Thanks so much!  So I'm guessing the two tests for ports are only if we get off.  I probably won't get off in Tenerife but would be getting off in Madiera, so I'm guessing you can have them done on board by Celebrity and they will just charge you.  That works for me.  Thanks again!

• Like 1