deli question?

Thenagers

I have never gone to the deli on Carnival.  I was wondering if i can custumize any on the sandwiches.  Pesonally, I would like a Cuban with no Mustard or a Ruebon with not sauerkraut.  Just checking before i stand in line next Month.  

1 hour ago, Thenagers said:

I have never gone to the deli on Carnival.  I was wondering if i can custumize any on the sandwiches.  Pesonally, I would like a Cuban with no Mustard or a Ruebon with not sauerkraut.  Just checking before i stand in line next Month.  

I think it depends on the ship and maybe the sandwich. Sometimes the sandwiches are pre-made and you just kinda have to take them as is. Other times, they are put together on the spot and you can request alterations. 

We were on the Freedom recently and I asked them to customize a sandwich for me.. nothing fancy just wanted Turkey on wheat with mayo. They screwed it up the first time but did remake it the way I asked.

2 hours ago, Thenagers said:

We have found they will do anything you want if they have the ingredients. Just for the heck of it, when they had no bacon on some days at the buffet I ordered a BLT without the bread, lettuce or tomato. No problem.

Edited by icft
  • Haha 2

I have always been able to order my sandwich or wrap "my way".  To be fair, I usually ask them to omit ingredients, not add anything.  I like my food very simple, like a toddler.  LOL

I ate at the deli several times on my last cruise on the Panorama on 4/2-4/9 sailing.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was on Vista 3/26 and both visits to the deli were for "special" orders. I rarely have tuna melts at home so I enjoy a free tuna melt onboard. Other visit was a hot corn beef sandwich. They can make what you want as long as they have the ingredients at hand. I'd rather wait in line than only have pre-made choices; ships I've been on were all made to order.

• Like 1

Even when they have the premade sandwiches, they will make one from scratch the way you want it too.  They just went to premade to make things faster for the "general" sandwich most people will take as is.  Hubby eats here a couple times a cruise and always gets exactly what he wants, and I will have one once in a blue moon made the way I want too.

9 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

My son asked for a sandwich with no cheese on the Horizon.   He was told no since they were already made.   All they would have had to do is lift the cheese off.   It was a cold sandwich, not melted.   

I would not be at all happy about that. I'm ordering from a deli, not a vending machine.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

My son asked for a sandwich with no cheese on the Horizon.   He was told no since they were already made.   All they would have had to do is lift the cheese off.   It was a cold sandwich, not melted.   

I have seen them get a bit 'short' with people and special requests when they are REALLY busy, a simple polite push back "I don't eat cheese, and need it made without cheese" would have probably gotten it done.  Shouldn't have to do that, but they do get overwhelmed sometimes and it just easier for them to say "sorry, can't" when in reality if you push a little, they will, in my personal experience.  They don't like unhappy customers.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cruisewiththekids said:

Wow, that's terrible. Sounds like that deli employee got up on the wrong side of the bed.

Nine days on the Miracle last month and I ate at the deli at least 6-7 times. They were always happy to make me exactly what I wanted--as others have noted, as long as the ingredients were there they would make anything a customer requested. I often ask for turkey and bacon to be added to a grilled cheese, I asked for avocado added to a southwest chicken wrap, etc. Never any problem.

5 hours ago, Thenagers said:

Absolutely, as long as they have the ingredients. 

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

I have seen them get a bit 'short' with people and special requests when they are REALLY busy

During one embarkation day on Valor, a couple had a complete meltdown because they couldn't customize their sandwiches.

22 hours ago, byrdbrain55 said:

I have always been able to order my sandwich or wrap "my way".  To be fair, I usually ask them to omit ingredients, not add anything.  I like my food very simple, like a toddler.  LOL

I ate at the deli several times on my last cruise on the Panorama on 4/2-4/9 sailing.

Same here.  Never had an issue.  Never saw the Deli have pre-made sandwiches either.  I am one of those who also removes things.  LOL

On 4/20/2022 at 5:06 PM, gamblesk said:

We were on the Freedom recently and I asked them to customize a sandwich for me.. nothing fancy just wanted Turkey on wheat with mayo. They screwed it up the first time but did remake it the way I asked.

I'm curious how they screwed up turkey and mayo on wheat???? That's all that was on the sandwich????

Edited by Bollycats