Central Park cabin - inner-city tenements

11 hours ago, MrCruzeaddict said:

We're sailing on the Allure (3rd time} in mid May. We have a BW balcony. This will be our 4th one and like them a lot. We've had a CP balcony once. Didn't really like it as it was TOO quiet. We usually get ours across from Johnny Rockets. 

To each, their own.  I would never want a Boardwalk balcony because I find that area too loud and busy.  We much prefer the peacefulness of the CP balconies.  Glad RCCL builds ships that caters to all individual wants.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

To each, their own.  I would never want a Boardwalk balcony because I find that area too loud and busy.  We much prefer the peacefulness of the CP balconies.  Glad RCCL builds ships that caters to all individual wants.

Exactly! We want to look at the ocean and ports, so ocean view balconies for us! Plenty of variety for all tastes and budgets on RCCL. 😁

• Like 2

We were on one of the initial Oasis voyages and at that time the Boardwalk/Central Park balconies commanded premium prices .. hundreds of dollars more than ocean view. The marketing hype just got to us, I guess. I don't know what we were thinking. Our mistake.

The best part of our view was the Johnny Rockets, if that gives you any idea. The worst part was full view into the rooms across from us. Hanging laundry was the least of the problems. We were so soured on the experience that we haven't sailed an Oasis or larger RC ship since, despite sailing dozens of times since.

11 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

My husband enjoys the Boardwalk balconies because he loves all that action.  I prefer the Central Park balconies for the twinkling lights and smell of the foliage.  We each take turns every other Oasis class cruise.  Seeing the ocean doesn't interest either of us since we see it every day at home.  Just like you say - nice that there are choices that cater to everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, publicpersona said:

We were so soured on the experience that we haven't sailed an Oasis or larger RC ship since, despite sailing dozens of times since.

What were the biggest problems?  That seems like a pretty strong reactions--why not just get an OV balcony or other type of room next time?

On 4/20/2022 at 8:24 PM, Russ Lomas said:

We have not had a CP balcony before but are looking forward to the ones we have booked in March on the Oasis.  The price was less than an interior cabin, go out at night (when you cannot see the hanging laundry) and listen to any musicians playing below, and best of all...somewhere outside to hang my wet bathing suit to let it dry (to the dismay of my fellow passengers).  Even better, we are travelling with another family who has the balcony directly across from us.  Can we string a clothesline across CP to hang our laundry on? 😆

Can you imagine the looks we would get if in fact we DID hang a clothesline across CP!!!!  I'm not sure how to get it from one side to the other - you bringing a drone?  I will have to remember to close the curtains when getting ready - not something I need to think about with an oceanview or ocean balcony!

3 minutes ago, Lisa&Neb said:

Can you imagine the looks we would get if in fact we DID hang a clothesline across CP!!!!  I'm not sure how to get it from one side to the other - you bringing a drone?  I will have to remember to close the curtains when getting ready - not something I need to think about with an oceanview or ocean balcony!

Very easy.  Drop the line from one balcony to below, have someone there to pick it up and walk it to the other side.  Have the other balcony drop a line that you attach to the one you carried from the other side and raise and tighten the line.  There are certainly enough of us on board to help.  Would certainly make for a great late night photo shoot

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Very easy.  Drop the line from one balcony to below, have someone there to pick it up and walk it to the other side.  Have the other balcony drop a line that you attach to the one you carried from the other side and raise and tighten the line.  There are certainly enough of us on board to help.  Would certainly make for a great late night photo shoot

I'll bet you are a good builder, too. I can never think of logical solutions like that. :classic_smile:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is the Bella cruise.  We need to get @John&LaLato get a picture of Bella blown up and printed on a bedsheet that we could hang on the line. 

I could be wrong but I think I've got the balcony across from john. 

You can use my balcony for stringing the sign across. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, baelor said:

What were the biggest problems?  That seems like a pretty strong reactions--why not just get an OV balcony or other type of room next time?

Valid point. And we'll probably cruise the larger than Freedom class ships again someday. We just felt like that with Oasis class, they had finally created an experience where you don't even know that you are at sea. And that's exactly opposite of what we want.

Among the Royal fleet Radiance class is our favorite, but we sail Voyager and Freedom class as well. Those are just our preferences. That doesn't make our preferences right and anyone else's wrong. Just a preference.

• Like 1

We had a CP balcony booked on the Allure for next year, but have changed it to an ocean view balcony on deck 8. I know my hubby would walk around in his undies and forget to close the curtains, plus the potential heat and noise from the pool deck, all combined with the nagging fear that I’d miss my ocean view made the decision easy. I figured deck 8 would be the best of both worlds- the ocean as my “back door view” and CP steps away from my front door.

16 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

We had a CP balcony booked on the Allure for next year, but have changed it to an ocean view balcony on deck 8. I know my hubby would walk around in his undies and forget to close the curtains, plus the potential heat and noise from the pool deck, all combined with the nagging fear that I’d miss my ocean view made the decision easy. I figured deck 8 would be the best of both worlds- the ocean as my “back door view” and CP steps away from my front door.

A nice option- but costs so much more- if your budget allows it, try a grandsuite.  No extra heat IMO in Central park- but never book any cabin/suite under the pool deck.  We dislike boardwalk balcony as the noise is all day- the merry-go-round and the crowds at night, make for difficult sleeping if you are in bed before 11PM.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

A nice option- but costs so much more- if your budget allows it, try a grandsuite.  No extra heat IMO in Central park- but never book any cabin/suite under the pool deck.  We dislike boardwalk balcony as the noise is all day- the merry-go-round and the crowds at night, make for difficult sleeping if you are in bed before 11PM.

Our CP balconies have always been less than Ocean Balconies and just a bit more than an inside room. 

Who goes to bed before 11pm on a cruise? 😮 lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Our CP balconies have always been less than Ocean Balconies and just a bit more than an inside room. 

We do!  We are up by 6:00 AM and like to go to bed by 11:00   In addition the obnoxious merry go round is so annoying all day.     

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We do!  We are up by 6:00 AM and like to go to bed by 11:00   In addition the obnoxious merry go round is so annoying all day.     

Yeah I get the noise of the Merry Go Round. 6am? Yuck lol. I get up for work that early. NO.WAY for vacation lol. To each their own 🙂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Yeah I get the noise of the Merry Go Round. 6am? Yuck lol. I get up for work that early. NO.WAY for vacation lol. To each their own 🙂

I kind of see it the opposite... if I'd wake up early for something lousy like work, why wouldn't I want to even more to enjoy my vacation 😉

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vjmatty said:

I kind of see it the opposite... if I'd wake up early for something lousy like work, why wouldn't I want to even more to enjoy my vacation 😉

Ahh I can see that too lol. There is not much open that early though so I like to sleep in a bit 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Ahh I can see that too lol. There is not much open that early though so I like to sleep in a bit 🙂

Yes options are definitely limited that early.  Usually I get my fitness walk out of the way while the sun comes up, or even better while the ship is pulling into port...lots of photo opportunities.  Or get my coffee and something to eat when the WJ is empty.

1 minute ago, vjmatty said:

Yes options are definitely limited that early.  Usually I get my fitness walk out of the way while the sun comes up, or even better while the ship is pulling into port...lots of photo opportunities.  Or get my coffee and something to eat when the WJ is empty.

Yes my hubby likes to take pictures of the sunrise. I say have fun, see you after it has rose lololol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Us! We get so full from dinner we’re inevitably asleep by 9pm! 😂

11 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We normally cruise in suites, but since this was a short cruise and just the 2 of us, I figure a balcony is fine. The boardwalk wouldn’t be our scene, either.