Central Park cabin - inner-city tenements

1 minute ago, PCWalton1 said:

This is our first and last central park cabin.  The idea behind a balcony is to afford a view. The only view we have are other cabins with laundry hanging out. Nothing scenic there 🤣

What view were you expecting? Central Park balcony says it all. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, PCWalton1 said:

This is our first and last central park cabin.  The idea behind a balcony is to afford a view. The only view we have are other cabins with laundry hanging out. Nothing scenic there 🤣

Central Park balconies are typically the most reasonably priced of all the balconies.  They're sure better than a window or porthole or no window at all.

• Like 12

Seriously, not to be repetitive, but what view did you expect.  Surely you’ve seen photo/YouTube’s of Central Park cabins.  

From your signature, it appears that you have sailed oasis class ships  more than a few times.  How did you not know that Central Park cabins had a view of Central Park/other balcony cabins?  

It is a shame that you do not like the cabin you selected. I hope that next time, you can pick a cabin  that meets your needs. 

m

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Seriously, not to be repetitive, but what view did you expect.  Surely you’ve seen photo/YouTube’s of Central Park cabins.  

From your signature, it appears that you have sailed oasis class ships  more than a few times.  How did you not know that Central Park cabins had a view of Central Park/other balcony cabins?  

It is a shame that you do not like the cabin you selected. I hope that next time, you can pick a cabin  that meets your needs. 

m

Oh yeah, definitely my fault.  Just didn't recall so much crap hanging out when we use to walk through.  Guess we didn't look up  enough 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have not had a CP balcony before but are looking forward to the ones we have booked in March on the Oasis.  The price was less than an interior cabin, go out at night (when you cannot see the hanging laundry) and listen to any musicians playing below, and best of all...somewhere outside to hang my wet bathing suit to let it dry (to the dismay of my fellow passengers).  Even better, we are travelling with another family who has the balcony directly across from us.  Can we string a clothesline across CP to hang our laundry on? 😆

• Like 6
  • Haha 16

I took a tour of city park on oasis long time ago and it was quite interesting how they brought in the trees with cranes and what plants didnt work and how each plant is in a container. Now I cant see it without seeing the containers and the magic behind the plants.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Did you see the homeless guy who lives in Central Park?

Don't laugh, that guy was me!

True story. I was feeling a little queasy and could feel the ship rolling a little since seas were so rough. It was probably about 3:00 am. My room was pretty high up so I was looking for the absolute most stable part of the ship I could think of--something lower and in the middle. I laid down on a Central Park sofa and fell asleep before I knew it. Didn't wake up until the cleaning crew came by. I felt like the bum of Central Park.

• Like 1
  • Haha 24

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I took a tour of city park on oasis long time ago and it was quite interesting how they brought in the trees with cranes and what plants didnt work and how each plant is in a container. Now I cant see it without seeing the containers and the magic behind the plants.

We took the tour years ago, highly educational and fun 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Yeah, not worth it.  Muggings almost every night.

It can be pretty scary.  Remember to watch out for MightyMike.  Rumor has it, if you sit on his special bench, he’ll demand one of your drink vouchers😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Just curious, why do you refuse to call it Central Park?  In all your posts you've always referred to it as City Park, instead of Central Park.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Just curious, why do you refuse to call it Central Park?  In all your posts you've always referred to it as City Park, instead of Central Park.

It's something only people who really know the behind the scenes of it refer to it as. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

We have not had a CP balcony before but are looking forward to the ones we have booked in March on the Oasis.  The price was less than an interior cabin, go out at night (when you cannot see the hanging laundry) and listen to any musicians playing below, and best of all...somewhere outside to hang my wet bathing suit to let it dry (to the dismay of my fellow passengers).  Even better, we are travelling with another family who has the balcony directly across from us.  Can we string a clothesline across CP to hang our laundry on? 😆

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Boardwalk just as bad

I saw more laundry hanging out on Boardwalk balconies.

Not to mention the couple who left their toddler out on the balcony alone, who was climbing on the furniture.  😮  

158 Boardwalk Balcony - The Laundry Lady's balcony.JPG

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I saw more laundry hanging out on Boardwalk balconies.

Not to mention the couple who left their toddler out on the balcony alone, who was climbing on the furniture.  😮  

158 Boardwalk Balcony - The Laundry Lady's balcony.JPG

OMG, that is horrible to hear about toddler left alone on a balcony.   Accidents happen in seconds.   Horrible!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

This is actually our 3rd time getting this room and we LOVE.IT. It is  nice to have another area to sit outside. You can listen to music, people watch. I am not a fan of an ocean balcony. I just didn't like it as much as I liked the CP Balconies.

• Like 2