Back to Back OBC

java spot

It used to be that my TA would take care of back to back discounts. Now it seems the protocol is to submit a form provided by Azamara. (here is the link - https://www.azamara.com/plan/back-to-back-voyages).  I submitted this 2-3 weeks ago and have heard zero response. I do not know if I should assume that it has been lost,  that they are still "thinking" about it or what to  make of the non-response. Has anyone else used this form? Did you hear back after doing so? Any guidance greatly appreciated. In 10 years of Azamara cruising, I've not phoned them as between this board and Azamara  communications, I've felt  responses and answers were forthcoming.   

56 minutes ago, java spot said:

It used to be that my TA would take care of back to back discounts. Now it seems the protocol is to submit a form provided by Azamara. (here is the link - https://www.azamara.com/plan/back-to-back-voyages).  I submitted this 2-3 weeks ago and have heard zero response. I do not know if I should assume that it has been lost,  that they are still "thinking" about it or what to  make of the non-response. Has anyone else used this form? Did you hear back after doing so? Any guidance greatly appreciated. In 10 years of Azamara cruising, I've not phoned them as between this board and Azamara  communications, I've felt  responses and answers were forthcoming.   

Have you checked to see if it is already has been added to your Azamara account?   Log in and click on book shore excursions and it will say how much OBC is in you account for each cruise.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Leo on Geo - Yes I have. Neither that nor another chunk of obc promised to me after a very large price reduction have appeared on my account.  I also noted after writing them a note in the comment link, that my submission was acknowledged.  I just think it's odd not to have confirmatio

n of submission of the back to back request. 

8 hours ago, java spot said:

I've written a post on this subject. In our case, our usual b2b bonus was not paid since they said the  'last minute' price (cruise purchased 6 weeks ahead) I paid was so low. Previous b2b was purchased 5 weeks ahead and I got the b2b bonus. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GlobalMethod said:

I've written a post on this subject. In our case, our usual b2b bonus was not paid since they said the  'last minute' price (cruise purchased 6 weeks ahead) I paid was so low. Previous b2b was purchased 5 weeks ahead and I got the b2b bonus. 

There are definitely changes from what was standard in the past.  We booked our recent cruise and when we questioned the advertised quarterly discount  we were informed we had also booked last minute and low price which is nothing out if the ordinary but seems now there are more unwritten rules coming into play.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, laurieb said:

It can be submitted by you or your agent.  If you have an agent, I would suggest you ask them to contact Azamara to check on it for you.  If they won’t then you need a new agent.

Our TA did ours.  We never got a notification from AZ, it just appeared in our account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayden said:

There are definitely changes from what was standard in the past.  We booked our recent cruise and when we questioned the advertised quarterly discount  we were informed we had also booked last minute and low price which is nothing out if the ordinary but seems now there are more unwritten rules coming into play.

I strongly questioned the decision on our b2b bonus and they pulled the "fine print" ... some written rule that I'd never seen or heard of previously.

• Haha 1

I had to apply for b2b OBC re a new booking and took a long to to confirm and it to appear. 

In the past it had been automatic but I saw a thread on here and applied for it. Thanks to the person who posted

On 4/22/2022 at 6:17 AM, GlobalMethod said:

I strongly questioned the decision on our b2b bonus and they pulled the "fine print" ... some written rule that I'd never seen or heard of previously.

Sorry, but don't blame Azamara because you didn't read the Terms and Conditions.  That "fine print" as you call it, has been there for some time.  I recall reading it early last year when I was thinking of booking a B2B.  

The Terms and Conditions clearly state that if you book cruises that are sold as "Last-Minute Voyages" deal then the B2B bonus doesn't apply.

My B2B voyages which were booked in February have yet to show that OBC.  I've written three emails and received two, "yes, you qualify, we will add it" responses and my account continues to show no B2B credits.

7 hours ago, Ithikan said:

My B2B voyages which were booked in February have yet to show that OBC.  I've written three emails and received two, "yes, you qualify, we will add it" responses and my account continues to show no B2B credits.

7 hours ago, Ithikan said:

Take copies of your email communications with you to the ship. Some credits are added after the ship departs.  If the amount described on the email isn't in your account a day or two after the ship departs, the passenger services desk can follow up with the home office. I have had to do this several times with Azamara and other cruise lines. 

• Like 2

I am confused about OBC on , in my case, B2B2B.  When we did our B2B we got an OBC on both legs of the cruise BUT when we then added a third leg only the last leg got an OBC.  I filled out the form for the credit and it was applied within a few days.  On the last section I again filled out the form with all 3 reservation numbers waited 2cweeks with no response.  I called which took a lot of hold time and was told form never received.  At that time the customer service added OBC to only last leg.  I don't know who to even call to get an answer.  I am very disappointed in the response time or non response time .  My question is ..am I entitled to OBC for each of the  legs based on length of the trips and who can I contact to get a knowledgeable answer.  My TA didn't know.  Sorry for the length of this

• Like 1

I’m waiting for b2b2b2b obc from a booking made at the end of March, I rang them about something else and I mentioned it and she said that that department is very behind on issuing the obc and she would chase it for me, it’s only been a few days since so I’m not expecting it just yet but will keep checking.

1 hour ago, mjwaruba said:

I am confused about OBC on , in my case, B2B2B.  When we did our B2B we got an OBC on both legs of the cruise BUT when we then added a third leg only the last leg got an OBC.  I filled out the form for the credit and it was applied within a few days.  On the last section I again filled out the form with all 3 reservation numbers waited 2cweeks with no response.  I called which took a lot of hold time and was told form never received.  At that time the customer service added OBC to only last leg.  I don't know who to even call to get an answer.  I am very disappointed in the response time or non response time .  My question is ..am I entitled to OBC for each of the  legs based on length of the trips and who can I contact to get a knowledgeable answer.  My TA didn't know.  Sorry for the length of this

You should get it on all three cruises 🙂

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mjwaruba said:

Yes you should get it on all three of your cruises.  Your TA should be the one contacting Azamara on your behalf to get things figured out!  

BOOK BACK-TO-BACK VOYAGES AND EARN ONBOARD CREDIT

4 NIGHTS OR LESS

Earn $150 OBC*
Per stateroom, per voyage

5-8 NIGHTS

Earn $300 OBC*

9 NIGHTS OR LONGER

Earn $400 OBC*

• Like 1

Booked b2b earlier this week for November through my travel agent.  The OBC (more2sea) UK promotion showed immediately and accessible when I look at the shore excursions for each sector on line, they are in GBP.  Yesterday I completed the online form to apply for the B2B credit on each voyage.  This evening I have received an email from Azamara direct to inform.me that they have processed the credit.  Just logged in and they are showing again as available credit.   Superb service and communication!  Thank you Azamara.    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KEN31VA said:

It looks like I will have more OBCs (non refundable) than I can normally spend.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Laundry packages, drink upgrades, Chef Table, bottles of wine