Cruise Critic will be on Azamara Onward! What do you want to know?

Cruise Critic Chris

• Members

I had dinner in Windows last night. Azamara plans to continue having Windows as a served restaurant in the evening, as opposed to a buffet. Not a ton of choices but fab sunset as we sailed away from Marseilles and casual atmosphere if you don't want to go to Discoveries. 

2AF6E267-FE67-4C7E-9DB3-4E78BC498F71.jpeg

3DC80EE1-9E7F-422F-9CC8-89572F010F71.jpeg

B6478359-06D5-450C-B9AD-BA6C820AA597.jpeg

9EFD3471-4929-4CF2-91DC-27DBE8ADB1EA.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

I had dinner in Windows last night. Azamara plans to continue having Windows as a served restaurant in the evening, as opposed to a buffet. Not a ton of choices but fab sunset as we sailed away from Marseilles and casual atmosphere if you don't want to go to Discoveries. 

3DC80EE1-9E7F-422F-9CC8-89572F010F71.jpeg

B6478359-06D5-450C-B9AD-BA6C820AA597.jpeg

9EFD3471-4929-4CF2-91DC-27DBE8ADB1EA.jpeg

Nice sunset, shame the chef has such an obsession with almonds.  Not a well balanced menu but if the setting is right it helps! 
I like the way windows is now used at night, we certainly enjoyed it on our Greek trip last year. 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2

Thanks Chris for the photos and information. Much appreciated. Just an observation. I'm very surprised at the lack of forward planning.  Prices for snacks in Atlas yet to be established?  Don't know what is happening with Best of the Best?  They've had ages to sort these details out.  It's all a bit "make it up as we go along". Unless they know and aren't willing to share the big secret.  A bit strange.

Phil 

• Like 3

We call it OTH management or strategy at work. It’s fine occasionally but usually comes unstuck very quickly when working with big changes.  
Big Secret- but isn’t a CC editor someone you prime on a cruise like this or is this part of a strategy to favour “the other place”?

By the way OTH = on the hoof 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Thanks Chris for the photos and information. Much appreciated. Just an observation. I'm very surprised at the lack of forward planning.  Prices for snacks in Atlas yet to be established?  Don't know what is happening with Best of the Best?  They've had ages to sort these details out.  It's all a bit "make it up as we go along". Unless they know and aren't willing to share the big secret.  A bit strange.

Phil 

Phil, I was wondering if the snacks would be classed as free canapés seeing as it is an "upscale" bar.  A bit like the Tapas upstairs ???  Just wondering.....

19 minutes ago, jollyjoyce said:

Phil, I was wondering if the snacks would be classed as free canapés seeing as it is an "upscale" bar.  A bit like the Tapas upstairs ???  Just wondering.....

See post 78 above snacks will range in price from $6 - $15.

Edited by Belfastman

You mention prices of drinks.  I presumed drinks were inclusive in the price. (I know you have to pay for premium brands).  Also can you advise if the OBC can be used for other services rather than excursions?  Thank You.

5 hours ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Thanks for posting this - looks a very nice menu.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Hi all -

So last night I spent some time at the Atlas Bar and have a few updates after speaking to Tony, head of F&B. 

The prices for the bites served in Atlas have not been set, and won't be until the last minute on Tuesday. They will range between $6-$15.

That menu you are looking at is not the final menu. They are going to continue to tweak them. I took a photo of the demo bites they had out but the ones they served us were not the same. 

Drinks in Atlas will be included for some people, depending on your drink package. Most will fall under the Premium Package, which is an extra $15-$16 a day. The really high end ones are covered in the Ultimate Drink Package, which is an extra $25/day. 

We tried a bunch of the cocktails and they were tasty in theory. Staff still needs to be trained on them, as a few were too strong. 

The mural in the library is gone. 

They still don't know where they will be having the Best of the Best dinner. 

Chefs Table and Explorer's Dinners will still be held. Those are each $95 and include the wine pairings. 

It is true that there are more Suites onboard and those passengers have the ability to book unlimited specialty restaurant meals. Tony didn't seem to think that would cause a major problem with other people getting reservations. 

Photos of Atlas Bar to come. 

Thank you for all the information.

Can someone (me) on the included drinks package go into the Atlas bar and just have an included drink (say gin and tonic), or bring one in from another bar, if it’s not actually served in the Atlas. Or are we effectively banned  from the Atlas bar unless we pay an extra fee for an upgraded drink?

Thanks

• Like 2

Thanks for all the great info and pics!  Sorry if I missed it, but what is the stateroom shower situation please?  Shower curtains or something else?  I am mostly interested in “entry level” staterooms.

Edited by Stem to Stern

Gotta say that these pics aren't exactly exciting me.  Think the staterooms look better on the existing ships.  That lobby stairwell mirror has got to go....and the Atlas Bar furnishings look cheap and uncomfortable.  Is there going to be a better surface for the pool deck?  The ship doesn't look ready.

• Like 3

On 4/26/2022 at 2:47 PM, the mice said:

This question is of interest to us, too, as we are sailing in a verandah.  We have a lot of OBC and most of the shore excursions are of no interest so we are interested in a dining package but have the concerns listed above.

Us as well.  If there are nuances to booking a reservation at specialty after boarding, we are curious as well.  Maybe post the wine list and what is included in basic included package, and prices for what isnt, as those may also consume our OBC.

2 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Thanks for all the great info and pics!  Sorry if I missed it, but what is the stateroom shower situation please?  Shower curtains or something else?  I am mostly interested in “entry level” staterooms.

Shower curtains

15 minutes ago, Xcelsior said:

Gotta say that these pics aren't exactly exciting me.  Think the staterooms look better on the existing ships.  That lobby stairwell mirror has got to go....and the Atlas Bar furnishings look cheap and uncomfortable.  Is there going to be a better surface for the pool deck?  The ship doesn't look ready.

I think stairway mirror is the weirdest thing - and I like funky or whimsical. I’m almost obsessed about it. Hahaha! I’ll definitely avoid the stairs during my November cruise. 

• Like 2

Guest Cooper2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us cruisers know your experience of the Onward.  Obviously there will be teething problems as it is a new ship, and with all what is going on in the world at the moment I am sure that may have an effect on getting their supplies.   But I  must say the ship looks wonderful  and  I am sure there has been so much hard work going on in the background to ensure it was ready  so thank  all of you  so much.  I am booked at Christmas  and  I feel very fortunate and so looking forward to my trip xx