Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 5/1/22 - 5/8/22 Lots of Pictures!

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

With the wheelchair, maybe they have a priority line through security. If they do, it would be on the far right as you enter the terminal building. Good Luck.  Keep saying "by 2:00, I'll have a drink in my hand" .😆😆😆

mac_tlc

The wheelchair line is the far left, not right. We use it all the time for my wife.

33 minutes ago, mets123 said:

The wheelchair line is the far left, not right. We use it all the time for my wife.

Must have missed it last week in the mass of humanity😂.

59ECE5C3-DE42-4BA0-BEF5-3B569ED8BBB8.jpeg

FD61E710-209A-44E8-B2B7-A420F4933A7B.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

Thanks - never really had at problem at Cape Liberty before but just worried about the changes tomorrow.  Thanks again for posting all week.

I usually never have an issue either but that ship docking and redocking threw a wrench and if they are going to do this often I hope they come up with a better plan!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mixie_33 said:

Getting on Oasis tomorrow in Cape Liberty. For those on the ship now, how’s the weather and how is the ship handling the coastal storm?

We had some sunny days some cloudy days and some chilly days… it’s been smooth in my opinion with a slight rock and rolling here and there but weather changes so anything can happen … they did put out sea sickness bags on the stairs … I am not sure if that’s for last night after midnight or later today?  

Day 7 Windjammer Lunch 

I am just not brave enough to try the tomato tuna sauce … I can’t even imagine what that tastes like when it’s canned tuna… May be it’s delicious… 

3001E494-AD53-44B3-82A6-CECB19F0D122.jpeg

8DBF02D6-A921-4751-844D-73300BE60BB1.jpeg

E0899454-6960-4150-839B-153FE44B86D4.jpeg

ADE5A09C-351E-489C-AE94-D3C73127D941.jpeg

89741FB4-DAB7-4496-9C4F-8B77BC062EF0.jpeg

127F4E1C-17F6-4FC6-92F9-F73E0F5DD786.jpeg

18B87AFE-873A-45CC-A2B0-FCBDAB49AEED.jpeg

52B08E17-30EB-49D5-B765-CFDAB264F907.jpeg

7A099551-16A6-44F4-99EE-7D3EE0101E2D.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DonnaK said:

I just got an email that our sailing, which leaves on Sunday the 8th, has the same issue as your embarkation, where Oasis has to temporarily pull away from the dock, and boarding will be delayed by one hour.

Do you have any hints or tips for us, to avoid the chaos.  We originally had a 12 noon boarding time, so now it's 1pm.  We may still get there before noon just to be sure to get a parking spot, even if it means having to wait.  What's your advice, based on your boarding experience?

With bad weather report for Sunday morning I personally would wait until 12:30 or so to park to avoid standing outside in the cold / rainy morning we are expecting.     

On my last sailing out of Cape Liberty we showed up right between 12:30/1 pm for our 12:30 boarding and we were able to walk right in and were on the ship in 10 minutes.     Much better than standing outside in that line that wraps around the building.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

With bad weather report for Sunday morning I personally would wait until 12:30 or so to park to avoid standing outside in the cold / rainy morning we are expecting.     

On my last sailing out of Cape Liberty we showed up right between 12:30/1 pm for our 12:30 boarding and we were able to walk right in and were on the ship in 10 minutes.     Much better than standing outside in that line that wraps around the building.   

I got my umbrella out for tomorrow morning and my jacket out for tonight and tomorrow.  It’s going to be an interesting.  I just want to be off the ship ASAP so I can get laundry started 😂.  I am sure you want to be on the ship ASAP to get the fun started!  Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Thanks for keeping up with this thread, Benny.  Loved reading it everyday.

We are boarding tomorrow and right now dreading it.  DH is in a wheelchair and it is difficult to push.  We have always been able to go right to the front of the line because of the accessibility issue and also being Pinnacle.  Any idea if that will still be available?  With the wheelchair being so  difficult for me to push I really hope so.  Katherine 

When you enter the cruise terminal go to the far left and go thru security there then once thru security go to the far left again and you will see either bright yellow or lime colored chairs.    This where handicapped people can check in.     Let the person at the podium know you are there to check in and have a seat they will check you in while you are seated.       If you need assistance in pushing his wheelchair there are people to help you as well.     

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 7

Aqua show sampler … 7:15 or 9:15.  I feel bad for them … it’s cold now with the sun… it’s going to be frigid later!

4C975CA1-84E0-420A-9601-1EEC9295688B.jpeg

So they are going to run it again today?

4 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

So they are going to run it again today?

According to the activities person at the door of the show this afternoon they will have it at 7:15 / 9:15 weather dependent … they kept stressing the weather about the wind … so we will have to wait to find out… definitely dress warm!