Princess Medallion

18 hours ago, sj_cavy said:

It might be too soon. I can make selections for June but not for December. Try about 60 days before your departure date. I think that was the number when more features opened up for us.

We are cruising in August & were able to book dining times on the app. The only thing we can't do yet is book our boarding time yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I suspect that the crew on the ship might be surprised how many passengers stay on board on port days on these initial domestic cruises. Many of us have been to the ports so many times.

Depends where for us. I will be getting off in Newcastle for a few hours, but also intend on being back for lunch.

QLD Coast in October, we will find something to do in each port - except Brissie will just be a M&G in the terminal.

38 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

We are cruising in August & were able to book dining times on the app. The only thing we can't do yet is book our boarding time yet.

For our 26th June cruise, the boarding time was available to book around 10pm 60 days before the cruise. Disembarkation times were still not available when I checked last night. We disembark on 3rd June, much less than 60 days from now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Nouveau shouldn't be counted as a port day 🤣

I actually like Noumea except when it's raining. I know where to get good coffee now, and the restaurants at Lemon Bay have a nice beachy vibe. To me it's just like going to one of Sydney's beaches for lunch and a change of scenery, but with a French accent.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I actually like Noumea except when it's raining. I know where to get good coffee now, and the restaurants at Lemon Bay have a nice beachy vibe. To me it's just like going to one of Sydney's beaches for lunch and a change of scenery, but with a French accent.

Sort of over it, as we have been there so many times and I would rather they mix-up the ports a bit more. If I want to get a treat, I take a walk around to Morand's https://www.chocolatsmorand.nc/le-magasin/presentation  to get a box of macaroons and taste a few chocolates, otherwise we just walk off a couple of our meals and head back to the ship.

3 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

On my 7 night QLD Coast cruise I'm only planning on getting off in Cairns. So it would be nice to be able to go to the MDR at the Airlie Beach and Port Douglas stops if they decided to open. I just miss cruising, not the ports, so I'm staying onboard as much as I can.

That's my thinking too!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joejoe 59 said:

Where on the App were you able to book dining times.   Also, I would imagine you would have made final payment as well.   Thanks for any advice. 

15 minutes ago, CCC's said:

Where on the App were you able to book dining times.   Also, I would imagine you would have made final payment as well.   Thanks for any advice. 

Arxcard mentioned in post #358 (probably on the previous page) where you can book your dining times.

Edited by Aus Traveller

17 minutes ago, CCC's said:

There's two spots. One is a little box at the top that has a clock face, with a knife and fork. The other way is in OCEAN NOW Dine My Way. 

Edited by CDaze71
  • Thanks 1

I went into my booking both ways but if you want to have a large table to meet others you need to keep choosing a time until that option comes available as some times are private table only

1 minute ago, windsor26 said:

I went into my booking both ways but if you want to have a large table to meet others you need to keep choosing a time until that option comes available as some times are private table only

That's probably because they might only have 1 or 2 larger tables and would need to time them so the kitchen runs smoothly. Land-based restaurants also do this. 

I have a 3 month old Samsung A32, and I can now understand what people are saying about the Medallion App that we are now forced to use in place of the good old computer forms. I have wasted the past 2 hours trying to fill my details in, let alone those of my wife, and still haven't managed to get my security photo in, let alone have it take my passport details.

9 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

I have a 3 month old Samsung A32, and I can now understand what people are saying about the Medallion App that we are now forced to use in place of the good old computer forms. I have wasted the past 2 hours trying to fill my details in, let alone those of my wife, and still haven't managed to get my security photo in, let alone have it take my passport details.

Tip for security photo is to make the file size small. I only had success when I resized the pic down below 100kb. 

Previously, I had the same problem with the passport on an earlier booking. On my current two though, my T/A included those at the time of booking, so they were already recorded in the app.

28 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Two hours??? You are only getting started!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Tip for security photo is to make the file size small. I only had success when I resized the pic down below 100kb. 

Previously, I had the same problem with the passport on an earlier booking. On my current two though, my T/A included those at the time of booking, so they were already recorded in the app.

Re the photos - My husband's photos was a larger file than mine. The system accepted it, but then changed its mind. I had to reduce the size of the file and it was all OK.

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Re the photos - My husband's photos was a larger file than mine. The system accepted it, but then changed its mind. I had to reduce the size of the file and it was all OK.

Ours are both huge but so far it hasn't rejected them. They loaded OK and I'm not going back in to check just in case!

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Ours are both huge but so far it hasn't rejected them. They loaded OK and I'm not going back in to check just in case!

I recall you said they were 2 mg or similar. Maybe you will find that it will be rejected at some stage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I recall you said they were 2 mg or similar. Maybe you will find that it will be rejected at some stage.

Maybe but it's been a good couple of weeks or more since I loaded them. 

23 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Maybe but it's been a good couple of weeks or more since I loaded them. 

My original effort for Royal Princess before it was cancelled was full size without any issues. It has only been more recently that they seem to bounce photo uploads, perhaps they are doing that so their file server can cope. However, it would be nice if they published their size limit, or at least gave you an error message when the image wasn't suitable.

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

My original effort for Royal Princess before it was cancelled was full size without any issues. It has only been more recently that they seem to bounce photo uploads, perhaps they are doing that so their file server can cope. However, it would be nice if they published their size limit, or at least gave you an error message when the image wasn't suitable.

That would require their software developers to be sensible! 🤔😋

• Haha 1

I found that it was a lot easier to everything except book dining requests on the link they give you on the computer site (if you do not have an eligible device)   much easier

I managed to complete everything on the Medallion and it was all OK. Then my Captain's Circle status changed from Elite to Blue (on our profile photos), even though my cruise history is on the Cruise Personalizer. Does anyone know how to fix it?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I managed to complete everything on the Medallion and it was all OK. Then my Captain's Circle status changed from Elite to Blue (on our profile photos), even though my cruise history is on the Cruise Personalizer. Does anyone know how to fix it?

I think it will just come good! Ours has gone through various morphs and always comes out good.

however it’s still not letting me put through the medallion order?