Concepts from other lines you'd like to see on Royal?

21 hours ago, sailor05 said:

Drink package included!

I could see them introducing a "basic" all included package eventually such as all soft drinks included + 2 speciality drinks worth up to USD 15 each per day and integrate this in increasing cruise fares by USD 150 per person for a 7 day cruise. Of course when it comes to drink vouchers D, D+ and P will get in addition their vouchers as well

6 hours ago, lola2013 said:

Also done on Celebrity.  Surprised RCCL didn't follow suit as the two lines are related.  Same with towel check out.

It has to do that Celebrity is presenting itself to be more premium tthan RCCL and towel checkout would not really be a premium feature.

Edited by LXA350
Addition

Is it my imagination for do I keep seeing virtually the same questions posted across different boards near the same time recently? Or heck, maybe I am trapped in a Groundhog Day scenario 🤣

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kellie in Texas said:

I'll probably get made fun of, but I wish Royal had self-service laundry rooms ...I don't use hot water and high heat on our laundry. 

8 hours ago, lola2013 said:

No laughs from me...excellent idea!!!

ME THREE!! That's the only thing I really liked about Carnival. Well, that and the molten chocolate cake I guess. 😉 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

Is it my imagination for do I keep seeing virtually the same questions posted across different boards near the same time recently? Or heck, maybe I am trapped in a Groundhog Day scenario 🤣

no.  Its just that these are the only "safe" subjects.

• Haha 1

Towel checkout.  Not sure why they continue with this.  I believe this policy all came about when towels were “branded” Royal Caribbean.  They ended up in suitcases going home.  But they dropped those towels and the towels as they are now can’t be seen as “trophies.”  Yes, some will still go MIA but are there that many lost that would justify the staff needed for towel stations.  Also, on Allure this past March, we went to hot tub one evening and there were towels for the taking available in the Solarium.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the caveat that I have not yet been on a RCCL ship (a situation that will be rectified in just over a week! woot woot!), I think I will miss not having something equivalent to NCL's boardwalk.  I am excited and over-the-moon for the different neighborhoods I'll experience on Wonder, but I normally cruise for the ocean.  Seeing the ocean is my joy.  That said, I'm really happy that I will be experiencing Wonder on a Mediterranean cruise, where the vibe and purpose is different.  

Now, if we were to say what we wish NCL had that Royal has?  Solarium and Solarium Bistro.  I am so excited for those! SpiceH2O is one of my favorite spots on NCL, but I'm kinda glad the Solarium is covered, and having a nicer buffet RIGHT THERE will be awesome!

27 minutes ago, vwlmember said:

Brewpub like NCL`s District Brewhouse. Just off the Anthem this morning and my only complaint was the beer selection sucked. 

Yah.  Looking at the menu of Playmakers, I didn't see a single beer I'd be interested in paying for.

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

my issue with this is solos not only pay double cruisefare, but with all inclusive, they tip double. I personally avoid celebrity for this reason.  Ncl offer is 50% off 2nd air fare. Oh boy. Just what a solo wants. No wonder their fares are so high. 

At least on NCL there's specific rooms and even lounges dedicated to solo travelers.  It would be nice if they had balcony rooms for solos though, even if the balcony was smaller than a normal balcony.

49 minutes ago, kayjaypea42 said:

With the caveat that I have not yet been on a RCCL ship (a situation that will be rectified in just over a week! woot woot!), I think I will miss not having something equivalent to NCL's boardwalk.  I am excited and over-the-moon for the different neighborhoods I'll experience on Wonder, but I normally cruise for the ocean.  Seeing the ocean is my joy.  That said, I'm really happy that I will be experiencing Wonder on a Mediterranean cruise, where the vibe and purpose is different.  

Now, if we were to say what we wish NCL had that Royal has?  Solarium and Solarium Bistro.  I am so excited for those! SpiceH2O is one of my favorite spots on NCL, but I'm kinda glad the Solarium is covered, and having a nicer buffet RIGHT THERE will be awesome!

I've only been on NCL once but we lived on the Boardwalk there. Virgin Voyages has similar outside, close to the water areas at the Dockhouse. I like having outside, not pool zone, hangout spaces. Royal needs outside spaces with tables big enough for games, etc.  

I really like the purchased bar tab concept on Virgin. You get bonus money for buying a tab ahead of time and you can use your tab as you like, more on some days and not at all on others. It sets a budget but still lets you get your drink on without feeling like you have to drink more to get your money's worth. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

Better 'quick service' food - something like Guy's Burgers and Shaq's Chicken for no additional charge. 

I knew someone was going to say this.   Please NO!   If you want that stuff cruise on crappy Carnival.  

Edited by joeyancho
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

I knew someone was going to say this.   Please NO!   If you want that stuff cruise on crappy Carnival.  

No offense, but Shaq's Big Chicken is legit.  It definitely lived up to the hype...

Carnival has upped their game with Mardi Gras.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joeyancho said:

Why?? Royal has the worst hamburgers on a ship. Period. Guy's Burgers fresh and hot off the grill are AWESOME! 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Kellie in Texas said:

I'll probably get made fun of, but I wish Royal had self-service laundry rooms. I've got sweaty boys to deal with and it really makes things easier to be able to do a load of laundry midweek. And yes, I know Royal has the all-you-can-stuff laundry bags but I don't use hot water and high heat on our laundry. 

I loved this when I sailed on the Regal Princess! It was such a great option. 

• Like 1

I’d love to see a system like Princess has with the medallions. It was so awesome to find your travel party, order drinks from anywhere, use it for everything. The Royal wow bands are a joke - you can’t use them for much. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, joeyancho said:

Johnny Rocket's, El Loco Fresh, Mini Bites, Dog House...are fine. But something like Guy's Burger's or Shaq's Chicken would be bad? I'm not really getting the difference. 

• Like 3

My husband would probably say carafes of still and sparkling water in your room. We sailed on Scarlet Lady in January and he's still talking about it. LOL. And how much he'll miss it on Harmony in 2 weeks.