Live from Royal Princess sailing May 2, 2022 for 12 nights rountrip from Vancouver to Alaska

lks

3 hours ago, dog said:

Re:ArriveCAN app. I will let you know after I board Discovery tomorrow.

I filled mine in as best I could. Just doesn’t make sense. We embark in Vancouver & disembark in Seattle. 
it was not needed for my T.O. To YVR flight.  I will need to fill it in again to return to Toronto from Seattle.

Hello Dog,

As you are doing a one way cruise from Canada to USA, no submission is required in ArriveCAN.  Since you are arriving into Canada by air from the USA, you are correct, an ArriveCAN submission is required.  Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

Thanks for posting the patter   I can't make out anything.   Maybe you could try to retake the pictures.     Tried to zoom in but can't read any of it.

(a) Click on the photo It brings it up by itself.

(b) Click on the photo from a. It brings up the photo in a new tab.

(c) Click on the photo in the new tab. It enlarges it enough to be readable.

(I do a,b, and c on a computer, not a phone.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, caribill said:

(a) Click on the photo It brings it up by itself.

(b) Click on the photo from a. It brings up the photo in a new tab.

(c) Click on the photo in the new tab. It enlarges it enough to be readable.

(I do a,b, and c on a computer, not a phone.)

Are you able to read it

Wulfwyn 

• Like 1

Rough seas today.  As for the dining experience  so far.  Mind you this is the first cruise.  Slow.  Waiting  on water.   Orders not correct.   Food under cooked.   Example  ordered Moscow mule, got milk.  Yes milk.  

Order fettuccine pasta  (gluten  free). Pasta crunchy.  Yes I did have a word with the head waiters about it.

Wulfwyn 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike & Zen said:

Hello Dog,

As you are doing a one way cruise from Canada to USA, no submission is required in ArriveCAN.  Since you are arriving into Canada by air from the USA, you are correct, an ArriveCAN submission is required.  Hope this helps.

Ok, thanks. We will see. Princess has told us we must fill it in to embark.

coming soon! 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 6:51 AM, lks said:

Yes everyone had to fill in the arrivecan app before boarding. Being in Club Class we had a priority area that we sat in before boarding. Boarding was a bit weird though as their was no announcement. As we were seated there was Princess staff going around helping people do the arrivecan app who didn't do it before arriving at the terminal like we did. We noticed people randomly getting up and going to board the ship so we followed and boarded. Maybe because we had pre done the app we didn't have to sit but just board the ship? We'll never know for sure.

Thanks for sharing. 

18 hours ago, phabric said:

I have seen the new sea food menu posted.  I hope someone wii have some of the food from the new sea food menu and tell us how it was.

And no Crab legs, Alaska must be out.

17 hours ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

Thanks for posting the patter   I can't make out anything.   Maybe you could try to retake the pictures.     Tried to zoom in but can't read any of it.

I can read them just fine

Our experience so far has been great! The staff are so happy to be here and we have made friends with them all. You can see the rust coming off every day, they work so hard. The club class dining is awesome! No waits and you are seated as soon as you arrive. Service is great but the portions are small so you may want to order double of some things. They have a special every night, last night was lobster Thermador which was excellent. Unfortunately the portion was small. We would have ordered another but we wanted to make it to the show. It was a long dinner, it took almost an hour and a half and we ate and ran and had no desert. The first night was way quicker but maybe because of formal night it took longer?

The shows and entertainment have been very good so far. We had a great comedian the first night and a Beatles tribute last night that was excellent! The music around the ship has been very good as well.

Today is Juneau and it will be cool and wet. We will get off and walk around and probably find a place to have a cocktail.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, lks said:

Our experience so far has been great! The staff are so happy to be here and we have made friends with them all. You can see the rust coming off every day, they work so hard. The club class dining is awesome! No waits and you are seated as soon as you arrive. Service is great but the portions are small so you may want to order double of some things. They have a special every night, last night was lobster Thermador which was excellent. Unfortunately the portion was small. We would have ordered another but we wanted to make it to the show. It was a long dinner, it took almost an hour and a half and we ate and ran and had no desert. The first night was way quicker but maybe because of formal night it took longer?

Little known fact....I have taken off to see the show, then come back for dessert.  Just saying.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hello!  A small favor to any of you aboard the Royal Princess right now:  can you find out what's happening with the ship in October and November?  My sailing on the Royal for Nov. 22 was just shortened from 5 days to 4.  And I can't find any sailings on the website for all of October.  Can't be dry dock, I'm thinking.  Thanks for any clues!

16 minutes ago, KikiKruiser said:

Hello!  A small favor to any of you aboard the Royal Princess right now:  can you find out what's happening with the ship in October and November?  My sailing on the Royal for Nov. 22 was just shortened from 5 days to 4.  And I can't find any sailings on the website for all of October.  Can't be dry dock, I'm thinking.  Thanks for any clues!

dry dock

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Little known fact....I have taken off to see the show, then come back for dessert.  Just saying.  

We did this for the first time on our cruise last week on the Majestic. We didn’t have time for dessert because we wanted to get to the show at 7:30. When the show was over we went back to CC dining and they were happy to have us back for dessert. I really enjoyed doing it this way as my main course had time to settle before having dessert. We will definitely be doing this again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dog said:

Ok, thanks. We will see. Princess has told us we must fill it in to embark.

coming soon! 

They did not ask for ArriveCAN for this cruise. Vancouver- Ketchikan- Seattle.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cruisencatlady said:

If you see an "adult" woman running around the ship with light up "disco" sneakers, please say Hi to my "older", not-necessarily more mature, sister Linda from Florida.

I have ALWAYS wanted a pair of those running shoes but, unfortunately, my feet are too big!  

• Like 1

I have to say, this ArriveCan is so confusing. Our cruise is in September, so we will see what develops.

All of you, have a wonderful time! Alaska is fabulous. September will be our 5th time, with some new ports for us.

• Like 1