Price drop policy?

My last cruise in December I was able to get either a price adjustment or OBC up to 48 hours before sailing. I had read at some point that they were changing the price drop policy that you could only get credit if it was within 48 hours of booking. Is this true/taken effect yet? We booked in April for this coming October and today there is a price drop of about $100, so obviously I would want to call if I can get it.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, sunnydaysmile said:

As long as you are not past final payment date, they will give a price adjustment

Here is the policy per RCCL:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/best-price-guarantee-policy

It says you can take advantage of a better price up to 48 hours prior to sailing.  The price adjustment prior to final payment has been a long standing policy not tied to this.  This applies to post final payment price changes and provides an NR OBC,

49 minutes ago, Jenna said:

We booked in April for this coming October and today there is a price drop of about $100, so obviously I would want to call if I can get it.

Your booking is no longer covered by CWC (ended 3/31), which would have gotten you price drops inside final payment - you now get them only outside final. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jenna said:

My last cruise in December I was able to get either a price adjustment or OBC up to 48 hours before sailing. I had read at some point that they were changing the price drop policy that you could only get credit if it was within 48 hours of booking. Is this true/taken effect yet? We booked in April for this coming October and today there is a price drop of about $100, so obviously I would want to call if I can get it.

Thanks!

Yes you can get it  Give whomever you booked with a call

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yes you can get it  Give whomever you booked with a call

...but just to be clear, this is not a price drop covered under CWC, as pointed out by @Biker19but would be covered as it is still prior to final payment.  The key being once final payment is made on this booking it no longer is protected with an OBC for post final payment price drops.

But you are certainly correct and I only mention this as the OP originally was asking regarding the price protection policy and the conversation has evolved to include the general pre-final payment price changes, which are two different things. 🙂

Edited by leaveitallbehind

36 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Your booking is no longer covered by CWC (ended 3/31), which would have gotten you price drops inside final payment - you now get them only outside final. 

I thought price drops after final payment came under Best Price Guarantee, not CWC, and that you can get NRF OBC only.

4 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I thought price drops after final payment came under Best Price Guarantee, not CWC, and that you can get NRF OBC only.

Right, but the OP was asking about any recent changes since Dec - that was the change (end of CWC about a month ago). 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I had a price drop adjustment on 4/14 and still haven’t gotten a credit to my credit card. Is that normal or am I going to have to call again?

I have been told in the past that it can take up to 30 days for credits to be applied to your CC.  But - the potentially long hold times notwithstanding - it certainly can't hurt to call to confirm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

I called last week to get the OBC for drop in price after final payment. They told me it would take up to 14 business days. So far no OBC posted to my account. I was going to wait until next week to call back. What has everyone's experience been with having the OBC posted to your account? Is it truly 14 days or has your experience been less?

Thanks

ML

30 minutes ago, Mary Louise said:

Hi,

I called last week to get the OBC for drop in price after final payment. They told me it would take up to 14 business days. So far no OBC posted to my account. I was going to wait until next week to call back. What has everyone's experience been with having the OBC posted to your account? Is it truly 14 days or has your experience been less?

Thanks

ML

I you were eligible for OBC it should have been immediate. You need to call. 

On 5/2/2022 at 11:46 AM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I had a price drop adjustment on 4/14 and still haven’t gotten a credit to my credit card. Is that normal or am I going to have to call again?

On the phone they say 30-days for refunds, majority of mine have been done in 7 +/- days.   If you don't have refund by middle or end of May then I would call.     Their phone lines are very busy these days.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Retired LEO said:

If TA's can do it immediately I'm sure the phone reps can also. 

You had a TA able to credit a price drop inside final payment for which OBC is due post to your planner account immediately?

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Your TA must have some magic touch that other TAs and most RCI CSRs don't have.

Not at all. There's simply a link to go to, enter the reservation number, and if it's eligible hit submit and it's done immediately. I do it in less than a minute. 

2 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

There's simply a link to go to, enter the reservation number, and if it's eligible hit submit and it's done immediately. I do it in less than a minute. 

And the amount of the drop shows up on the RCI planner as OBC at the same time?

Edited by Biker19

On 5/2/2022 at 10:46 AM, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I had a price drop adjustment on 4/14 and still haven’t gotten a credit to my credit card.

I requested mine on 4/11 and still haven't received the credit. TA said it would take 7-10 business days, but it's been longer than that by now.

4 minutes ago, Mary Louise said:

I called today and they are still saying  that it will take 14 business days before they will post the OBC. That takes me 2 1/2 weeks prior to sailing. Can this OBC be used for gratuities?

Thanks again 

ML

Yes

2 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I requested mine on 4/11 and still haven't received the credit. TA said it would take 7-10 business days, but it's been longer than that by now.

I called RC yesterday and they said give it 30 days😂

RC wins because I’ll never call for a price drop again. Unless it’s huge which I’ve never seen. It’s just not worth the hassle or time. Almost all of their agents are incompetent and the wait times are ridiculous.

This price drop took three calls just to get it initiated. The first call the agent said my booking which isn’t until September and was booked under the CWC was not eligible for any price drops, my price was final.

Next call the agent took about an hour to do the adjustment and at the end I asked will I get the difference in OBC or a credit to my credit card? He had no idea so he said he was going to just put everything back to my original price which took him another half an hour so after all that time I was right back where I started.

Third call I called C&A figuring I’d get someone more competent. They did the adjustment sent me a new invoice that showed I overpaid (because I had paid in full) $119.00 but they insist the credit I’m going to get on my credit card is $89.

When I called to ask yesterday where the credit was they say it’s $89. too. I have no idea where they’re getting this number from but supposedly it’ll take another 2 weeks to get the credit. I’m not holding my breath😂

• Like 1