Verifly

The APP will definitely save you time when you board.   Last Saturday we were 1.5 hrs late getting to port due to traffic.  There were several hundred people in lines and not one person ahead of us in the Verifly line.   They scanned our passport, scanned our face against the Verifly one and we were good to go!  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bartexas said:

I had uploaded vaccine info a couple weeks ago. Uploaded test results from this morning, and they were approved a couple of hours later. Then got a system error message every time I tried to do the health assessment.

Deleted the app. Reinstalled. Did the whole account recovery thing. Had to take new pictures and upload vaccination and test results again, but the health assessment was already showing the green check. Hopefully, within a couple of hours, they will have reapproved our vaccine and test info and we'll be set.

I am going through almost exactly the same thing. I was able to load eerything for myself, but when I try to load my wife's Health Assessment is tells me "An unexpected error has occurred. Please see the log files." I have exchanged a couple emails with their Help Desk. They haven't solved it yet.

We sail the day after tomorrow, so we still have a little time.

Verifly was super easy to use and shaved so much time off our embarkation process. We bypassed a huge lineup of people having to show proof of everything to agents. Highly recommend.

18 hours ago, IPB4IGO said:

I am going through almost exactly the same thing. I was able to load eerything for myself, but when I try to load my wife's Health Assessment is tells me "An unexpected error has occurred. Please see the log files." I have exchanged a couple emails with their Help Desk. They haven't solved it yet.

We sail the day after tomorrow, so we still have a little time.

Any update? We get the same message on both our health assessments. We sail on Sunday so not much time to get it fixed. 

Bob

We have had to delete the app and reload with an account recovery. We are not going to load anything this time into the app until we can’t load everything. For those who have had success with then app, did you use one app (one device) for both passengers, or a separate app (device) each separate passenger, like one for my wife and one for me?

15 minutes ago, lderochi said:

FWIW, we tried using two separate devices and that didn’t work well  at all. It was easier for me to set it up on my device and do everything for both of us on one device. 

I deleted the app and Re-entered everything and resubmitted. It was fast! 

• Like 1

Verifly---like a couple of kids created it out of the basement of their house.. a disgrace that HAL or any other company would use it.. after they told me to uninstall and reinstall it I deleted the app.. then it wouldn't let me recover my account even though it says it would.. keeps on sending me back to square one.. a vicious circle.. a waste of time.. one more try so I tried downloading it again after uninstalling it.. then created a new account with another email I use... so far all it has taken is the vaccination cards.. we'll see what happens next week when the tests have to be entered for our upcoming cruise on the Zaandam

the scary part is... if the app is this bad.. how secure can it be.. my guess is.. it is lacking in security and can easily be hacked..

Edited by Stakeout
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, rwmiller said:

Any update? We get the same message on both our health assessments. We sail on Sunday so not much time to get it fixed. 

Bob

At the direction of the Help Desk, I uninstalled the app and started over from scratch. I had to reenter everything except, interestingly, my wife's Health Assessment, which is the segment that caused the error. 

Now it shows that we are both "Ready to sail". 

We'll see tomorrow when we board.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was anyone able to upload their Switch health proctored test results into verifly?

I keep getting the error when I try to upload the pdf or a screen shot of pdf.

Sorry the QR code you provided does not contain a recognized digital certificate. 

6 minutes ago, electro said:

Was anyone able to upload their Switch health proctored test results into verifly?

I keep getting the error when I try to upload the pdf or a screen shot of pdf.

Sorry the QR code you provided does not contain a recognized digital certificate. 

Finally got it to work. This has to be one of the worst apps I've used.

• Like 2

This is the second time I've used VeriFly. We have a cruise in December 2022 so I figured I'd move ahead, and had nothing else to do today anyhow! Went to Manage Checklist (previous photo already in system) that lists the three additional checklist items. The only one I could do now is Upload Proof of COVID Vaccination. However, when I hit it, nothing happens to allow me to photo my vaccination card and upload. Is it simply too soon to be doing this? Inquiring minds want to know,

13 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

This is the second time I've used VeriFly. We have a cruise in December 2022 so I figured I'd move ahead, and had nothing else to do today anyhow! Went to Manage Checklist (previous photo already in system) that lists the three additional checklist items. The only one I could do now is Upload Proof of COVID Vaccination. However, when I hit it, nothing happens to allow me to photo my vaccination card and upload. Is it simply too soon to be doing this? Inquiring minds want to know,

I think you may have to wait until the date is closer, I think I read 30 days. It is stupid that you have to upload you vaccination record each time, it should be stored as part of your profile.

This app could use a lot of improvement.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 4:36 AM, fletcher32 said:

How did you do it?

I don't remember exactly and now that my trip is passed I can't get to the page again.

I think when you go to upload your test result and it asks if you have a digital result or QR code you have to say no. Then it will give you the option to upload a pdf or photo which they will take some time to verify, I think it took about 3 - 4 hours, so make sure you give yourself enough time before embarkation.

Lois

• Thanks 1

I understand a party of two traveling together only needs one Verifly account.  Are there any pro's to have 2 individual accounts?

Saw someone reported issyes with photo mixed up, etc.

Thank you!

All set with Verifly account and photo.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, shuyak said:

I understand a party of two traveling together only needs one Verifly account.  Are there any pro's to have 2 individual accounts?

Saw someone reported issyes with photo mixed up, etc.

Thank you!

Can you use verify if you have had a positive Covid test, but are now considered recovered by HAL (and Princess) as you are  in the 10 to 90 day post Covid that they allow? Have proctored test results to show that. Do so hope we can…shorter lines are so nice!  

21 hours ago, electro said:

I don't remember exactly and now that my trip is passed I can't get to the page again.

I think when you go to upload your test result and it asks if you have a digital result or QR code you have to say no. Then it will give you the option to upload a pdf or photo which they will take some time to verify, I think it took about 3 - 4 hours, so make sure you give yourself enough time before embarkation.

Lois

I can attest to this. We used a testing site in Montreal (Go Test Rapide) and the timeline is roughly as follows:

1. Actual SWIPE up the nose: around 5 pm

2. 5:20 pm: we got a text saying the result was negative

3. around 7 pm we got an email with the link to a pdf certifying your name, date of birth etc saying that the result was negative. We uploaded this to verifly, but beware there are a lot of questions you have to answer on verifly ("is your name correct? is your date of birth correct? bla bla"). All routine questions but annoying especially if you have to do it on a phone.

4. around 10 pm I got a notification from the verifly app that the upload was accepted, so verifly shows green.

We did 2 bookings (2 rooms) with 2 people each, and I put all 4 passengers under the same verifly. The pro is that only one person has to show it, and reduces "fumbling to unlock the phone and the app" in the line. The con is that, that one person had better be ready. And of course there is a possiblity of a system glitch like mixed up photos like what the other report was saying. We didn't experience it but I guess it's possible.

Having the app makes all the difference. We were on the line for about 10 minutes. The non-verifly line was moving a lot slower, I don't know how long it would take, but the agent had to examine your covid vaccination proof, test results, passports / visas etc. 

On 5/13/2022 at 12:08 PM, molly2kit said:

The APP will definitely save you time when you board.   Last Saturday we were 1.5 hrs late getting to port due to traffic.  There were several hundred people in lines and not one person ahead of us in the Verifly line.   They scanned our passport, scanned our face against the Verifly one and we were good to go!  

My has things changed. Boarded Eurodam today at noon and the line for Verify had twenty people and the line for non Verify was zero people. Eurodam currently sailing with just over 1300 passengers.

I am in the frustrated group. Earlier tiday ut rejected the date abd time of the test, even though the former was a selection on the app. Tried later and it accepted the date but then it wouldn't accept a photo. So I am still one entry short of being able to use it.

On 6/12/2022 at 3:19 AM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

So you can't do anything before 30 days before your cruise.??

That is correct. You can add a booking and take your profile photo, but you cannot do anything else with it. Around 30 days out you can add proof of vaccination. Around 2-3 days out you can add covid tests. 

If you have two people I have found you want to add the second traveler first, then add the primary traveler. If you select the "this is my account and I want to use my photo option" on the first traveler you add it locks you out of adding the second traveler. 

Second tip is as soon as you board go in and delete the booking from your profile. Starting the next day there is no way to remove a past booking and it just sits there and when you open it it says that you are not allowed to look at prior bookings. The only way I got them out was to delete my entire account and start over with a new profile. 

On 6/11/2022 at 6:53 PM, RedneckBob said:

My has things changed. Boarded Eurodam today at noon and the line for Verify had twenty people and the line for non Verify was zero people. Eurodam currently sailing with just over 1300 passengers.

Interesting data point. This is why I always have a folder with all my stuff handy just in case. I would guess the verifly line moved quite quickly though as they just need to glance at your screen. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zgscl said:

Interesting data point. This is why I always have a folder with all my stuff handy just in case. I would guess the verifly line moved quite quickly though as they just need to glance at your screen. 

I agree with this. In this day and age it's easy to feel like you have everything you need on the phone because all confirmations etc are always emailed to you. But I've lost count on how many times I'm frantically searching for that info on the email whenever the person behind the counter asks for something I wasn't prepared for, so now I always print everything (even in half size if you want to save the trees) and bring them in a folder, ready to show.

That being said, for Zaandam boarding in Montreal, the no verifly line was absolutely a mess. The verifly line was short but it still moves slower than expected because people still had to fumble with their apps, and their phones locking on them, etc. 

9 hours ago, zgscl said:

Second tip is as soon as you board go in and delete the booking from your profile. Starting the next day there is no way to remove a past booking and it just sits there and when you open it it says that you are not allowed to look at prior bookings. The only way I got them out was to delete my entire account and start over with a new profile. 

Select the trip, click on "Manage Trip". When you get the message that the booking is in the past, etc., click on the three dots and click "Cancel trip". It will ask you to confirm, then the trip will be gone.

• Thanks 3