Hello, I’m Arthur!

Castro and Millie

We are eager to welcome Arthur to our family of Cunard Bears.  We plan to adopt in September!  And actually The Cunard Bears are from an Indonesian Breeder.  

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Oca said:

We are eager to welcome Arthur to our family of Cunard Bears.  We plan to adopt in September!  And actually The Cunard Bears are from an Indonesian Breeder.  

My Victoria Bear is from the Keel Toys stable and is from a Chinese breeder.

On 5/6/2022 at 1:47 PM, D&N said:

Is Arthur from Steiff or some other breeder?

Aaah! Steiff: my favorite breeder.   I was so thrilled when my first grandchild came that I got her a lovely, articulated, growling buddy —- seeing price as no object.

Naturally, I could not do less for succeeding descendants.  By the time my four children stopped reproducing, I was down by more than a couple of thousand dollars worth of bear for my ten grandchildren.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m sorry I’m not a Steiff bear but I can assure you that I’m lovely. And I have a lovely hat and gorgeous uniform. While I don’t have a button I’m my ear they have put a very nice label, with my name Commodore Arthur. So I guess I have a higher rating……..

Arthur

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Castro and Millie said:

Thank you exlondoner - I have to be very careful with all the sanitiser gel that the people delight in smearing on themselves as it plays havoc with my fur. But I try to maintain my fluffiness!

Frequent cuddles won't help either, but who could resist?

There is a 2020 bear and his name is Percy.  I think there must have been a glut of Percy Bears as 2020 cruises were halted in March of that year.

I think there are NO 2021 bears that were  bred -- am I right?  If there was a 2021, please let me know as our home is always open to Cunard bears searching for just the right family.

• Like 1

Arthur, I haven't seen an official Cunard photo of you yet. Most of your older brothers had their photos posted on facebook announcing their arrivals. Maybe that will happen in due course since you are now on your way to Alaska.

May I have permission to post your photo on @Oca's "Cunard Teddy Bears" thread? I think we've managed to document most of your lineage with photos on that thread. I'd like to add your photo there to have all the Cunard bear photos in one place (and to revive that thread).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Castro and Millie said:

Thank you Hattie. Castro and Millie have gone to lunch in the Verandah so I’ve been able to borrow! their iPad. I’m on board for quite a while, going to see my cousin, Polar bear, in Alaska and he’s promised to take me out for a fish supper.

I hope Arthur likes his fish supper.  In Alaska, if your voyage stops in Sitka, Arthur might like to go to the "Fortress of the Bear" animal rescue center for brown and black bears.  It was a great experience.  Two photos attached.

image.thumb.png.04e0dd5c432ec5f3ecc39b54b56f47b4.png

image.thumb.png.5d28f61c1a9efab3e150a370d53c38aa.png

• Like 2

I did not even know that there is a new bear breed every year. I just read about " Victoria" and " Percy"- and of course now Arthur!

Thinking about geting Victoria and Percy from -ähem- an internet store.

I have to check what Nephew dear already has- i bought it in 2016 or so!

Has anyone any insight about the long line of Arthurs forbears?

27 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

I did not even know that there is a new bear breed every year. I just read about " Victoria" and " Percy"- and of course now Arthur!

Thinking about geting Victoria and Percy from -ähem- an internet store.

I have to check what Nephew dear already has- i bought it in 2016 or so!

Has anyone any insight about the long line of Arthurs forbears?

See this thread titled "Cunard Teddy Bears" which I mentioned in my previous reply to Arthur asking if I could add his photo. This thread has photos of all the Cunard bears I am aware of (except Arthur of course).

Edit to add: I note you mentioned a "Victoria" bear. I haven't heard about that bear. Please tell me more about her.

Edited by bluemarble