Firing (or changing) PVP

Ombud

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

@cruzin4usI used to have one, but she retired. 

I wonder if that is the one that I had and whom only responded to me once and at that late.

I was recently assigned a new one.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2022 at 8:58 PM, Ombud said:

I can't get mine to respond via phone call or emails. How do I get reassigned?

Call 1-800-901-1172 line for the Cruise Vacation Planners.  Wait on the line until you get the PVP call center team.  Say you have X as your PVP and you are not happy with him/her and ask to speak to a Supervisor, they will transfer you.  When you get the Supervisor express your displeasure, why, and ask to be re-assigned.  

I have recently told the Supervisor that I did not want to work with A...ly as she would never call back or even answer emails to make new bookings.  The assigned me to a new one  and he is much more helpful (and answers within hours). 

Couple of things. The PVP's only get their points from bookings that they personally book.  Either by phone or via email.    So if you have a cruise that you have pre-booked or an existing reservation you want to move to them... they tend to not call back, as there is no incentive for them to do so. In essence they are helping you without them gaining any of their points (they say they are not on commission).

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Valiamo said:

Call 1-800-901-1172 line for the Cruise Vacation Planners.  Wait on the line until you get the PVP call center team.  Say you have X as your PVP and you are not happy with him/her and ask to speak to a Supervisor, they will transfer you.  When you get the Supervisor express your displeasure, why, and ask to be re-assigned.  

I have recently told the Supervisor that I did not want to work with A...ly as she would never call back or even answer emails to make new bookings.  The assigned me to a new one  and he is much more helpful (and answers within hours). 

Couple of things. The PVP's only get their points from bookings that they personally book.  Either by phone or via email.    So if you have a cruise that you have pre-booked or an existing reservation you want to move to them... they tend to not call back, as there is no incentive for them to do so. In essence they are helping you without them gaining any of their points (they say they are not on commission).

I suspect that points accumulation are looked at when dividing up the yearly budget for pay increases and promotions.

I couldn't get her to respond about the one I booked with her. I'm done ✔ 

Have another on hold that I will not book until she's off my file 

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

<deleted>   (you were writing about a new one)

Yes. Mine retired in January. The new one is so useless I'm thinking about going to a TA if I can't shake her but then my experience with TAs weren't any better than the new CVP

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Yes. Mine retired in January. The new one is so useless I'm thinking about going to a TA if I can't shake her but then my experience with TAs weren't any better than the new CVP

Some TAs are great, others are not. Many of us love our agents (and their prices).

I wouldn't worry about needing to book with a PVP due to airfare. The airlines/cruise lines will help people the same if you book airfare through them. I had my flight cancelled 5x on my way home from a cruise and the airline worked with me and kept rebooking me.

Edited by Coral

We're very happy with our pvp.  I email or leave her a message and she always gets back to us promptly.  I asked her one time how to change pvps and this was her answer: 

"I am sorry to hear your friend is unhappy with her vacation planner, she can call our (800)901-1172 number and press 0 or stay on the line until our support agents answer and can request a new vacation planner and they will transfer them to our supervisors to be reassigned."

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2022 at 8:01 PM, cruzin4us said:

Ha.....I've never had one.    (apparently, you don't either).....LOL

We have neither.....no need because we have traveled enough we understand most types of travel very well.  Plus the last thing I want is to be in Europe, Asia or South America and have something go wrong with a trip and have the airline, cruise line or hotel to tell me it is not their problem and to call the VP who booked things and have them straighten it out.

12 hours ago, Valiamo said:

Since you have a lot of knowledge in this area.  If I book directly with Princess and then transfer my booking to a TA does the PVP still get their points?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Since you have a lot of knowledge in this area.  If I book directly with Princess and then transfer my booking to a TA does the PVP still get their points?

Thanks

I have little direct knowledge in this area... BUT.. can safely say that points(or commissions) are only assessed to the CVP AFTER your cruise has completed.   So, if you book with a CVP and transfer to a TA they do not get any... 

Quite simply you have just created work for someone only to pass it onto someone else.  Alas that is a big problem for TA's.. tire kickers that are not loyal to any one agent and move them around at whim.. 

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Thanks

1 hour ago, Valiamo said:

I have little direct knowledge in this area... BUT.. can safely say that points(or commissions) are only assessed to the CVP AFTER your cruise has completed.   So, if you book with a CVP and transfer to a TA they do not get any... 

Quite simply you have just created work for someone only to pass it onto someone else.  Alas that is a big problem for TA's.. tire kickers that are not loyal to any one agent and move them around at whim.. 

IMO, if a guest is going to book and then transfer to a TA, either do it self-serve online and put the booking on hold, or just do it with a regular phone rep and don't do it with a CVP.  That would be like going to see your local TA down the street to book the cruise and then transferring to a discount online agent.  Not very fair to the first agent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Valiamo said:

Call 1-800-901-1172 line

Didn't have to!! New one called, booked a 6/26/22 cruise + air, all paid & set. Buying FCDs the minute I get onboard and taking a screenshot this time. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Valiamo said:

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

IMO, if a guest is going to book and then transfer to a TA, either do it self-serve online and put the booking on hold, or just do it with a regular phone rep and don't do it with a CVP.  That would be like going to see your local TA down the street to book the cruise and then transferring to a discount online agent.  Not very fair to the first agent.

Thanks.  I was just curious.  

I almost always book directly with my TA after I receive her quote.  Occasionally I will put a cruise on hold or book on line and then transfer the booking.  (for a sudden availability). 

19 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Thanks.  I was just curious.  

I almost always book directly with my TA after I receive her quote.  Occasionally I will put a cruise on hold or book on line and then transfer the booking.  (for a sudden availability). 

I only do that hold thing is my agency is closed or after hours.  I can normally do the booking using the agency booking interface and put it on hold and then just send email to TA to carry it forward.  Since I am not yet using a VPN, if I book on Princess.com, it is in CAD, so I have to call in and have an agent do a booking in USD and put it on hold.  But then, it requires a transfer, or I cancel and TA books.  Easier to book it on their website and then they own it.  Many TA's have a self-serve booking site.  How I trick it is to change last 4-digits of my CC so it is not valid.  The res takes, but generates a payment error.  This is because they don't have an option to apply FCD's and are looking for a cash deposit.  Always a way...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

I only do that hold thing is my agency is closed or after hours.  I can normally do the booking using the agency booking interface and put it on hold and then just send email to TA to carry it forward.  Since I am not yet using a VPN, if I book on Princess.com, it is in CAD, so I have to call in and have an agent do a booking in USD and put it on hold.  But then, it requires a transfer, or I cancel and TA books.  Easier to book it on their website and then they own it.  Many TA's have a self-serve booking site.  How I trick it is to change last 4-digits of my CC so it is not valid.  The res takes, but generates a payment error.  This is because they don't have an option to apply FCD's and are looking for a cash deposit.  Always a way...

Clever

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Valiamo said:

I booked a cruise today and within an hour got a phone call from a PVP I used recently to solve some problems I was having. I didn't answer (I screen my calls and he apparently called from home). He left a msg w/the Princess # for me to call if he can help with anything for my booking.

• Haha 1