Live … Ovation of the Seas …Alaska … May 13 - May 20, 2022

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's not good. I assume it's due to staffing. I wonder how short they are?

If you were looking out my balcony right now the MDR would not be a bit of a concern.  It is BEAUTIFUL!  Internet is not great so not sure not sure when I can load a pic.  I tried to load Grande but couldn't. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Weather here at Table Rock Lake is spectacular. 

jc

JC  I didn't know you were in Missouri!  We are just a stone's throw from you here in Flippin Arkansas, hi neighbor!

• Like 1

I am getting ready to sail two weeks from now on the Ovation and wondering if you can tell me what themed nights are on the Compass for your cruise (ususally the same rotation).  Want to pack accordingly 🙂   Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tazzybear14 said:

I am getting ready to sail two weeks from now on the Ovation and wondering if you can tell me what themed nights are on the Compass for your cruise (ususally the same rotation).  Want to pack accordingly 🙂   Thanks in advance!

I am not saying there are none but I am not aware of any.   Maybe someone else knows.

• Like 1

When I opened the balcony curtains earlier I thought wow.  The pics really doesnt do the view justice.   I thought best yet.

20220515_080447.thumb.jpg.d364724e8bfe9a0beca952d4f5430163.jpg

20220515_080921.thumb.jpg.082655738cf23d5e447bf1d74d7aeece.jpg

And then a little further this came.

20220515_090226.thumb.jpg.eb1a1cb97f5fbf94fc2bfe372eef49ee.jpg

20220515_090233.thumb.jpg.6fa86c7a773c373f46358dd76a8b1b3e.jpg

20220515_090802.thumb.jpg.770d8abd1a3689f338df69104ba1790f.jpg

So now this southern guy that can't handle good and questioned getting a balcony is soooooo thankful we got it.  Not to say you can't get the view out on deck but to wake up to this is nice!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So now this southern guy that can't handle good and questioned getting a balcony is soooooo thankful we got it.

John, thoroughly enjoying your review. THANKS. Sooooo glad you'll having a good time 😁

You can't handle "good" or "cold"??

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

John, thoroughly enjoying your review. THANKS. Sooooo glad you'll having a good time 😁

You can't handle "good" or "cold"??

Thanks for dropping in. I can't believe how nice it has been and we haven't been to a port.  Most has been the views!

• Like 2

Don't know if ya'll have come into Ketchikan yet, but if not, make sure you get up early or you might miss this:  It was September and you can never predict Alaska weather, but if you snooze you lose! LOL

Alaska Sunrise.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are in 270 during at an exercise class.  😆 

@Ocean Boy I tried the pro setting because the lightning wouldn't let it take outside. 

20220515_100538.thumb.jpg.9cf4a2af964de42c187f462ecaa4b01e.jpg

It did alright in regular mode on this.

20220515_102140.thumb.jpg.c36644b46ce295a64d2ffa0e99720d74.jpg

20220515_102137.thumb.jpg.daac67bff07f5977da1afb528f9015a2.jpg

Is there a way to lighten up the interior without overexposing outside the window?

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

How did I not know. I bet you will love your cruse! Have you done Alaska before?  We are really enjoying it and we haven't even been to the first port!  Thanks for following along.  

I'm sure I will.  Yes, I've been to Alaska before and it is one of my favorite itineraries for the exact reason your photos are showing.  The photos are stunning, but it is even better in real time.  And the wildlife!  I am so happy to hear you are enjoying yourself!

I'm having a hard time getting motivated to pack for Alaska, as it was 91 here yesterday, and I find it difficult to be packing sweaters and long johns! 😱😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2022 at 8:16 PM, crzndeb said:

And Northstar never ran last week.

Hi! I was on the cruise last week and the Northstar did run the first few days before it broke. Hopefully it is fixed for the cruisers this week!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I'm sure I will.  Yes, I've been to Alaska before and it is one of my favorite itineraries for the exact reason your photos are showing.  The photos are stunning, but it is even better in real time.  And the wildlife!  I am so happy to hear you are enjoying yourself!

I'm having a hard time getting motivated to pack for Alaska, as it was 91 here yesterday, and I find it difficult to be packing sweaters and long johns! 😱😂

It was 91⁰ when we left. Heat index 101⁰ .  I thought the cold here would take away from my enjoyment.   I am almost ready to rate this #1 cruise for me 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

Hi! I was on the cruise last week and the Northstar did run the first few days before it broke. Hopefully it is fixed for the cruisers this week!

Good to know that some got to use it. This was my 3rd cancellation, but I’m on the B3B next year out of Sydney, so hopefully I will get on it then 😬

I must have just gone by at the wrong times in the beginning of cruise, obviously..LOL

• Like 1