Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

15 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

30B9C47C-AA97-43AF-8CD9-3E647E77A9BC.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I feel pretty good today. Working from home but I feel like I could go to work honestly. I just have a little bit of of cough. Not continuously. Like one cough every half hour or something. The headache is gone but if I moved my eyes like to look up, it feels sore. Bacon and eggs tastes normal but any kind of sauce I smell still smells like the food tasted yesterday.

Glad to hear you are on the upswing already. This latest variant seems to be hitting everyone. 

Glad you got home before it hit. Keep getting better!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I couldn’t tell you how to do that. I didn’t do anything different than my other three cruises where I didn’t catch covid…except for eating that Indian food buffet…..

Likely the problem. Not the Indian food, but not doing anything different. Lots of people make the same comment. What was good enough in the past isn't as effective against the current variety of covid.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

ketchup, ranch, a thousand islands.

That makes sense. I was confused about what sauces went with bacon and eggs, but I’m with you now. Have you tried Whataburger spicy ketchup? That might heal you. 

• Haha 8

Thanks for another super "Saint Greg Production" and taking us along with you! Just wonderful and much appreciated!

Sorry that you are Covid positive, but at least you didn't get the "other" thing that was going around the ship at the same time (well, at least not mentioned!). Hmm, if it was Noro and you had both, would that be a case of "CoNo"? 😄

BTW here's the info on the investigation for the "other" on the Splendor by the CDC Vessel Sanitation Program (77 pax, 16 crew) - they will eventually post their findings as to the cause. In 2019 there was an outbreak on a different line traced back to frozen raspberries, of all things!

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/outbreak/2022/CarnivalSplendor_5-24.html

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

Thanks for another super "Saint Greg Production" and taking us along with you! Just wonderful and much appreciated!

Sorry that you are Covid positive, but at least you didn't get the "other" thing that was going around the ship at the same time (well, at least not mentioned!). Hmm, if it was Noro and you had both, would that be a case of "CoNo"? 😄

BTW here's the info on the investigation for the "other" on the Splendor by the CDC Vessel Sanitation Program (77 pax, 16 crew) - they will eventually post their findings as to the cause. In 2019 there was an outbreak on a different line traced back to frozen raspberries, of all things!

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/outbreak/2022/CarnivalSplendor_5-24.html

I felt fine the entire cruise. I feel fine today. I’m only home because my food tasted funny yesterday. I haven’t coughed in like…2 hours.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Perhaps this was Andy’s plan all along. Lure you in with crap legs, whales, and bears…contaminate you… then he won’t have to worry about you taking your pictures. 

Awesome 😂😂

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah I heard there are more reports of positive tests on social media.

My husband tested positive.  He has Covid, too. Another one from our cruise.  I tested negative on the at home test, but also did a PCR test that I am waiting for the results on.

• Like 1

What a great review! Almost makes me want to go to Alaska.. I am more of warm weather type of cruiser. Sorry that you got covid but glad that is not horrible for you. I am leaving on Monday for Athens to go on Windstar and scared we will get it too. I would be ok if we got it after the cruise once home like you, getting stuck in Europe doesn't sound like fun.. Take care and feel better!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

My husband tested positive.  He has Covid, too. Another one from our cruise.  I tested negative on the at home test, but also did a PCR test that I am waiting for the results on.

Hopefully you’re alright and his is as mild as mine has been. I can return to work Wednesday with a mask as long as my symptoms are better and I didn’t have a fever on Tuesday. If I get a fever I have to call my HR back because that changes the timeline. But so far I’m having about as good a covid experience as anyone could hope for. I am double vaxed and boosted so maybe that helps.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 11

On 5/27/2022 at 12:14 PM, BlerkOne said:

Well, was it worth it? {Personally I probably would have been all over that 3rd deck}

If I may, Best ever excursion taken on a cruise. We did same tour on Carnival end of July 2016, and was the only day of cruise it totally rained, sun rest of week.

I waanted to post because wanted to let other cruisers know rain made for great Glacier Calving videos.  So do not cancel if raining- just prepare and pack a raincoat and a chamois for camera. 

Saint Greg-  really like clarity of your photos and colors. Following review. Thnx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

Do you have an updated Kids MDR menu?  You had us at fries

It’s the kids section of the brunch menu I attached to the below post link.

Here is a screen shot of the kids part. I don’t think it’s new but it’s the first time I’ve ordered off of it. I ordered the Mac n cheese and mozzarella sticks. The mozzarella sticks came with Curley fries.

53527B8B-8844-4DBB-864A-BB0B9DB974DE.thumb.jpeg.a8ef5e65d816ff290b552e28e5b90ab0.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s the kids section of the brunch menu I attached to the below post link.

Here is a screen shot of the kids part. I don’t think it’s new but it’s the first time I’ve ordered off of it. I ordered the Mac n cheese and mozzarella sticks. The mozzarella sticks came with Curley fries.

53527B8B-8844-4DBB-864A-BB0B9DB974DE.thumb.jpeg.a8ef5e65d816ff290b552e28e5b90ab0.jpeg

Thank hou. Do you kniw if they have a MDR kids menu? I recall pizza,pb& jelly, chicken nuggets, brownie,banana split etc. 

3 minutes ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

Thank hou. Do you kniw if they have a MDR kids menu? I recall pizza,pb& jelly, chicken nuggets, brownie,banana split etc. 

I didn’t see it on the app. I think they do have one because I know I’ve seen @Jamman54 order a banana split off of it before. It may be something you have to request from a waiter.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

sorry to interject, but I’m sailing with kids, in 2 weeks. I’ll be sure to collect all kids menus in my live. Hope that’s helpful. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

sorry to interject, but I’m sailing with kids, in 2 weeks. I’ll be sure to collect all kids menus in my live. Hope that’s helpful. 

May want to get the kids club schedules as well. That never works well for me. 

Can I get a copy the kids schedule?

Do you have child here?

No. I just want a copy of the kids schedule.

Do you have a friend who has a kid here?

Never goes well...

• Like 3
  • Haha 16

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

May want to get the kids club schedules as well. That never works well for me. 

Can I get a copy the kids schedule?

Do you have child here?

Do you have a friend who has a kid here?

Never goes well...

Will do, creeper. 😝😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

One thing I forgot to post that really surprised me was how serious Alaskans are about stopping at crosswalks. 

Several times I’d come up to a crosswalk, see a car coming, and step back to let the car go. Every time the car stops. I’m like “what are you doing? Oh…I see you’re stopping for me. That’s super nice of you.”

I have a feeling I won’t get the same treatment in New York.

• Like 3
  • Haha 14

23 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

One thing I forgot to post that really surprised me was how serious Alaskans are about stopping at crosswalks. 

Several times I’d come up to a crosswalk, see a car coming, and step back to let the car go. Every time the car stops. I’m like “what are you doing? Oh…I see you’re stopping for me. That’s super nice of you.”

I have a feeling I won’t get the same treatment in New York.

You're right. Step off the curb in NYC and you're fair game! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 9