Celebrity Air

Treacher1

On 5/19/2022 at 7:58 PM, springfire said:

We are also booked with Delta.  We also logged on the Delta website and have our seats reserved.  The problem is that until Flights by X pays for the flight, our seats with Delta can still change.  We are listed as confirmed flight with Delta but until we are ticketed those seats can change at any time.  Flights by Celebrity won't ticket our flights until about 30 days out.  We have paid our final payment but still waiting for Celebrity to issue payment to guarantee our flight.  We can't even upgrade our seats until we are ticketed.

Your seats can still change even after FBC pays the airline. Speaking from experience. Living this right now.  

5 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

We have lucked out with all the changes of schedule DL has bestowed upon lucky us, we always managed to keep our original seats.

Impossible for our changes so far, as they equipment often is what changes. So even if we had the same seat numbers, they could be nowhere close to where they were on the original aircraft! It's sort of like flying on Southwest; who knows where you will sit, you just have to hope you'll be next to your spouse!

Doug

• 9 months later...
On 5/22/2022 at 1:52 PM, moneeman said:

We booked Premium Economy through CA.  The Celebrity Air representative I worked with could see the seat availability, but he said the system would not let him select the seats.  He did not seem to know why.  We are flying to Barcelona on FinnAir, but it is an American Airlines flight.  The FinnAir website gives me access to the reservation with my confirmation code, but it does not allow me to select seats.  I called them, and they said seat selection had to be through American because American is operating the flight.  The American website does not recognize my confirmation code or even the electronic ticket number (which I got from the FinnAir website).  I called American, and the guy said he couldn't call up the reservation either, and that I had to wait until I got to the airport to receive a ticket assignment.  I will call again because I think he was lazy, but as of right now (5 weeks out) we have no seat assignment.  The CA guy told me that there weren't many seats to choose from.

Our return flight from Rome is on Delta.  I can access my reservation on the Delta website, but when I click on "Select Seats", I am told that flight is not available for seat selection.  CA was able to get me pricing I couldn't get on my own for those specific flights, but it is very aggravating to know my wife and I may very well have to fly in one-off seats perhaps several rows away from each other.

We are in the same situation right now.  So frustrating.

1 hour ago, tinaincc said:

We are in the same situation right now.  So frustrating.

I would suggest you visit the website of the airline that you purchased the ticket.  Finn Air in the above example.  Look up your reservation and see if it shows you the AA record locator.  
I am a little surprised that the Airline cannot find and give you that number.

Then I suggest you go to AA.com and look up your reservation on the AA.com website using the AA record locator.,(not Finn air).

It is worth a try.  My memory is a little foggy, but I am fairly certain I have been successful.  I am certain I have done it in the other direction when I purchased a ticket on AA.com for,a connecting flight that is operated by a different airline.  

Good luck.

On 3/6/2023 at 2:10 PM, jagoffee said:

I would suggest you visit the website of the airline that you purchased the ticket.  Finn Air in the above example.  Look up your reservation and see if it shows you the AA record locator.  
I am a little surprised that the Airline cannot find and give you that number.

Then I suggest you go to AA.com and look up your reservation on the AA.com website using the AA record locator.,(not Finn air).

It is worth a try.  My memory is a little foggy, but I am fairly certain I have been successful.  I am certain I have done it in the other direction when I purchased a ticket on AA.com for,a connecting flight that is operated by a different airline.  

Good luck.

Thanks - I am able to find the locator number but unable to upgrade from Main to anything else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinaincc said:

Thanks - I am able to find the locator number but unable to upgrade from Main to anything else. 

That is likely because you purchased a group consolidator fare that is not eligible for upgrade and possibly not seat selection either.  The fare code letter will tell you what type of fare you got.

Everything needs to be clear when booking with a consolidator like FBC.  That is how they provide cheaper fares on some flights. 

The rule is -#1 look yourself using a search engine. #2 look at the airline website.  #3 call FBC if a meaningful savings book with FBC.  If not book direct with the airline.

13 hours ago, tinaincc said:

Are you able to change you seats on AA.com win the same category?

Has your ticket been purchased?

22 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

That is likely because you purchased a group consolidator fare that is not eligible for upgrade and possibly not seat selection either.  The fare code letter will tell you what type of fare you got.

Everything needs to be clear when booking with a consolidator like FBC.  That is how they provide cheaper fares on some flights. 

The rule is -#1 look yourself using a search engine. #2 look at the airline website.  #3 call FBC if a meaningful savings book with FBC.  If not book direct with the airline.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.  Yes, this was a big discount at the time, around $600 so we went this route.  Wont do it again.

10 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Are you able to change you seats on AA.com win the same category?

Has your ticket been purchased?

Yes it has been ticketed and I can change seats within the main cabin. It is when I try to pay for an upgrade that the problem occurs.

• Like 1

We flew Lufthansa business class to Rome last year, booked via Celebrity (and our TA) and we got to choose our seats. We've just booked our flights to Barcelona in the same way (Air France this time). We've paid for the flights, and just waiting a couple of days and then will choose our seats.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tinaincc said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation.  Yes, this was a big discount at the time, around $600 so we went this route.  Wont do it again.

Yes it has been ticketed and I can change seats within the main cabin. It is when I try to pay for an upgrade that the problem occurs.

Just curious, why did you pay for your flights before the final payment for your cruise?

Are you just trying to move the a Main Extra seat?  Not premium economy, correct?

8 hours ago, tinaincc said:

Not sure, but have you tried calling the airline to upgrade OR to find out the reason you cannot do it online????

bon voyage

13 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Just curious, why did you pay for your flights before the final payment for your cruise?

Are you just trying to move the a Main Extra seat?  Not premium economy, correct?

I know you weren't asking me, but we've paid for our flights before final payment of cruise because it was needed to take advantage of an airfare that was £500pp lower.

20 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Because I called (both Delta and Celebrity Air) to upgrade and Celebrity Air told me that I should pay and have my flights 'ticketed' then I could upgrade.  Spoiler alert, that did not work. 

14 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Not sure, but have you tried calling the airline to upgrade OR to find out the reason you cannot do it online????

bon voyage

Yes, I have called virtually everyone, including the airline and requested the upgrade and they say I can't upgrade, which makes no sense, thus my post here. 

2 hours ago, tinaincc said:

Yes, I have called virtually everyone, including the airline and requested the upgrade and they say I can't upgrade, which makes no sense, thus my post here. 

I Am so sorry to hear this...

I would think they would have offered up an explanation as to the reason as opposed to a flat "you can't upgrade".

Maybe something will change long before you are to fly out...

Good luck and bon voyage

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2022 at 8:30 AM, beachluver9 said:

Seat assignments have to be done by Flights By Celebrity (FBC) prior to ticketing.  FBC can either assign seats at the time you make your reservation or you can call them and they will do it while you are on the phone.  The big aggravation for me is that even though you make final payment for the cruise/air, FBC does not ticket your flights automatically when you have paid in full.  For a cruise that we took in November they didn't ticket (pay) for our flights until 5 days prior to the first flight so we couldn't even order our meals until the last minute.  Before you are ticketed it is easier for the carrier to move seats around for families, air marshalls, etc.  Keep in mind that even though flights are ticketed and seats assigned, the carrier might switch your seats up until the time that you board.  This is especially true for European carriers which aren't keen on seat assignments in the first place.  We had Air France flights booked to KBH three years ago and our seat assignments were dropped/changed multiple times in the last two months.  It became part of my daily routine to check my phone app a few times a day to adjust our assignments asap after they have been randomly changed.

there are a few airlines that you have to deal directly with for seat selection.   Air Canada is one.  And FBC/choiceAir do not communicate well with other airlines.  Going thru this now

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

I Am so sorry to hear this...

I would think they would have offered up an explanation as to the reason as opposed to a flat "you can't upgrade".

Maybe something will change long before you are to fly out...

Good luck and bon voyage

got the same story.  2nd call with FBC/CAir, guy said I can upgrade you.   but by then I had already paid seat for  selection. The upgrade would have saved me seat selection for 4 flights each for DH and I and baggage. not to mention better cabin area

Still fighting because we are Canadian and FBC had things converted to US dollars

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

got the same story.  2nd call with FBC/CAir, guy said I can upgrade you.   but by then I had already paid seat for  selection. The upgrade would have saved me seat selection for 4 flights each for DH and I and baggage. not to mention better cabin area

Still fighting because we are Canadian and FBC had things converted to US dollars

Is your cruise booked in US or CDN dollars ?....If US, that could be the reason

1 hour ago, 1Virgo said:

booked in Canadian currency

Have not booked my flight yet for the fall, but will check price with airline directly.and compare.  Sometimes it works out the same.

• Like 1

might be a lot less headache to book directly with an airline.  For some reason, FBC aka Choice Air have made mistakes recently dealing with Canadian currency.  I would have saved a lot by doing it myself and not have to fight about currency