Did RCCL change their price drop policy?

I noticed a price drop on our cruise on 01/2/2023.  I called on Saturday 05/14/2022.  The price drop was honored.  We saved $1238.00.  I would say that if you notice a price drop call whoever you booked with, whether it was a TA/ directly with RCl. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, johnjen said:

Somewhat related question I have. So if you call in and ask for a price adjustment in the drop you've noticed, how long does it normally take to see them crediting your BOA account?

That probably varies but should be within about 30 days. That's another reason not to make final payment early - the price drop just lowers your amount due instead of you looking for a refund.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yancycruiser said:

My TA is in Phoenix, Az, and I am in Alabama.  He is outstanding and responds quickly.  Wish I could give you name and who he is with.

Me too.  I am part of multiple cruise groups on F page but none of those are allowed to promote TAs either.  Oh well, the search continues!

21 hours ago, jasmyne said:

I noticed a price drop on our cruise on 01/2/2023.  I called on Saturday 05/14/2022.  The price drop was honored.  We saved $1238.00.  I would say that if you notice a price drop call whoever you booked with, whether it was a TA/ directly with RCl. 

So it isn't just for sailings before 9/30/2022... good to know

On 5/18/2022 at 6:19 AM, molly361 said:

Mine is in Canada and I'm in Florida  strictly email contact and he is SUPER responsive

I had the pleasure of meeting my new TAs on the Vision in March.  Nice to be able to spend several hours with them before I started booking through them.  

They are in NJ and I'm in CA.

If anyone is interested, add an ri to my board name, and meet me at yahoo.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 10:07 AM, MandyMooToo said:

I cannot find this wording on the site.  When I pull up the FAQs and search for Best Price Guarantee it still says 48 hours before sailing.  The Cruise with Confidence policy is showing a change.

Though Royal has been known slow to update some posted info online. At times one page will show one thing, another Page different. Only one will be Correct. Also Best Price Match and Drops are 2 different things

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Price match means if you book with Royal, and then within 48 hours you see the same cruise cheaper with another site like the big one with a C that doesn't let you Royal Up, you can get that difference as on-board credit. They will not do that for you if in a month from booking, that other company is clearancing out a bunch of cabins super cheap and you want that amount as OBC.

• Like 2

I found a lower price during the wow sale for our next cruise and I was able to get a reprice with refund (who knows how long that will take) I asked for OBC but she couldn’t do that ???? I am still before final payment so I know they still do it…

On 5/20/2022 at 1:07 PM, robyn206 said:

Price match means if you book with Royal, and then within 48 hours you see the same cruise cheaper with another site like the big one with a C that doesn't let you Royal Up, you can get that difference as on-board credit. They will not do that for you if in a month from booking, that other company is clearancing out a bunch of cabins super cheap and you want that amount as OBC.

Unfortunately not.

The price drop guarantee means that Royal will only give you the lower price if it is posted on their website.  They will not match travel agents prices

I just got a price drop of about 200 $-I originally booked about 6 months ago.

But had to make 2 calls-the first person said he could only save me money if I changed to the non refundable rate-which I knew was incorrect-as I had already priced it on the computer and knew the rate was lower. So I called back the next day ,got different person-price drop and kept refundable rate

• Like 1

We booked prior to end of March for cruises in October. Final payment due in July. Have repriced twice in past month saving about $800. RC agent said it's back to no more drops after final payment but ok until then.

It was really amazing on our Nov 2021 cruise because we could reprice up to the last minute and racked up nearly $1000 in on-board credit!

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately not.

The price drop guarantee means that Royal will only give you the lower price if it is posted on their website.  They will not match travel agents prices

You are talking about a price drop, the person you quoted described a price match....two different things. 

On 5/21/2022 at 6:28 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately not.

I've had them give me OBC for differences in the past when I've found a better deal (yes, the deal is only on the cruise fare amount, not any extras provided by any other agent/service like OBC/specialty dining/spa gift/etc), but now I no longer book direct, I use a travel agent.

Edited by robyn206