Earliest flight after disembarking in Barcelona?

koconnor214

My airline (AA) changed the time of my flight from Barcelona on June 4 from 1:30pm to 9:40am. The ship docks at 6am; is making that flight at all possible if we arranged for a private transfer? The later options are weird connections or on other airlines so I thought I’d ask the community. 

2 minutes ago, koconnor214 said:

My airline (AA) changed the time of my flight from Barcelona on June 4 from 1:30pm to 9:40am. The ship docks at 6am; is making that flight at all possible if we arranged for a private transfer? The later options are weird connections or on other airlines so I thought I’d ask the community. 

Highly unlikely.

• Like 1

I would agree with Blag, although my daughter just came off a 2 day TA cruise on the Wonder of the Seas at Barcelona. They were booked on a 10:30am flight with the ship due to dock at 7am. In the event the couldn’t get off until 9am & they still made the flight, but they did only have hand luggage & were rushed by RCL by coach from the dockside to the airport, then had to run all the way to the gate after security.

1 hour ago, koconnor214 said:

If you disembark at 6am it is possible, just.

At that time of day 20 mins in a tai would have you at the airport, but as others have mentioned any delays would be pushing it.

The posted time for docking isn't the time passengers are allowed off the ship – that depends on the ship getting cleared by port and immigration authorities.  So you shouldn't plan on getting off at 6, and that makes your window even smaller than you expect.

• Like 3

Thanks, everyone! Coincidentally, I was on an AA flight this morning back home; I got off the flight and went directly to the Admiral’s Club…was able to speak with a great agent there and she got on the phone and went to bat for me to find a later, better connection (one seat opened up on BA while she was speaking with them). I quoted you guys as to definitely not being able to make the earlier flight!

It’s still somewhat early (11:30am) and through Heathrow on BA but much better than 9:40am! Thanks again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, koconnor214 said:

Thanks, everyone! Coincidentally, I was on an AA flight this morning back home; I got off the flight and went directly to the Admiral’s Club…was able to speak with a great agent there and she got on the phone and went to bat for me to find a later, better connection (one seat opened up on BA while she was speaking with them). I quoted you guys as to definitely not being able to make the earlier flight!

It’s still somewhat early (11:30am) and through Heathrow on BA but much better than 9:40am! Thanks again!

Better for you👍
Ivi

12 hours ago, koconnor214 said:

That sounds much better - well done!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, koconnor214 said:

11.30 is a realistic flight departure time and very doable. 

How are you planning on getting to the airport? I'd be inclined to check what other arrivals you have on the day as you will be sharing with them the queue for Taxis. If you berth at the world trade centre, then that would be great.

Hopefully you are able to disembark at 7 to 7.30 and I really don't think you should have anything to worry about.

On 5/18/2022 at 10:43 AM, LEESRE said:

Azamara Have booked all our flights and our flight from Barcelona on disembarkation is 1015am so they must think that they can get us to the airport in Barcelona in time.

Is the ship overnight in port?