Points question

As of now, we are Emerald with 69 points. 

We have a 7 day cruise booked for June which will bring us to 76 points.

Now the question part, we have a B2B cruise at the end of August, first leg is a 7 day cruise from Copenhagen, which would bring us to 80 points and make us Diamond. The second leg is a TA Icelandic cruise-------will we be Diamond for that cruise?

On our last cruise I asked at the Crown and Anchor desk and the lady said we should  tell them, on the first leg, that with this cruise we would be over the 80 points required for Diamond and she said we SHOULD be Diamond on the TA.

Would anyone have any knowledge of something like this and is she correct, that we would become Diamond for the TA?

Cheers 

Len

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

On our last cruise I asked at the Crown and Anchor desk and the lady said we should  tell them, on the first leg, that with this cruise we would be over the 80 points required for Diamond and she said we SHOULD be Diamond on the TA.

This - find the LA in while in Oslo. 

• Like 2

Since it can take a week or so for records to be updated…I would bring proof of your current point count. After the first cruise, take your Sail & Sign card and perhaps a copy of your first cruise’s purchases invoice to the Loyalty Ambassador on the ship. Hopefully she/he can give you Diamond privileges.  Hopefully it will happen for you.  Good Luck!

• Like 1

Having done this in February on Navigator, and assuming it's not going to be significantly different in Europe, I can suggest that you make contact with the Loyalty Ambassador (LA) (you'll be on Voyager, right?) when you board for the first part of your B2B.  S/he can then verify your current status (then at 76 points) and can coordinate for you to get your Diamond status at the start of the TA (I'll see you there!!!).  

In my case, the LA thought she was leaving Navigator at the end of my first part of the B2B, so she put me in contact with the Diamond Lounge Concierge so I could touch base with him as soon as I reboarded Navigator.  As it happened, she ended up staying onboard, but they both took care of me.

• Like 4

The LA can look up your status, so just let them know on the first cruise. HOWEVER, Iceland is so far north that it has limited internet connectivity.  Don't wait until the second cruise!  These folks do this all the time for B2B passengers.  She needs to update the records for the ship so you get the appropriate handouts on turnaround day and get your drink vouchers loaded.

• Like 2

I just noticed my first cruise in 2008, we only got 1 point for the cruise. Next cruise with RC wasn’t until 2015 and got 1 point for each night. When did this change? We would have become diamond on our last cruise if we got 1 point for each night on our first cruise.

Just now, Wlhoeft said:

I just noticed my first cruise in 2008, we only got 1 point for the cruise. Next cruise with RC wasn’t until 2015 and got 1 point for each night. When did this change?

Those 2008 points are not the same as the 2015 points - RCI changed from a per cruise credit to points per night in 2011. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wlhoeft said:

I just noticed my first cruise in 2008, we only got 1 point for the cruise. Next cruise with RC wasn’t until 2015 and got 1 point for each night. When did this change? We would have become diamond on our last cruise if we got 1 point for each night on our first cruise.

30 minutes ago, Wlhoeft said:

Thank you

Those points were converted in 2012 per the formula documented here:

58 minutes ago, Wlhoeft said:

Your one point was translated into the equivalent of 8 nights when they converted everything in 2010? Your C&A account should reflect the correct total.

Shouldn't you make diamond after the 7 night with the current double points situation? I believe they are doing double points for all cruises through the end of the year still, unless something changed?

20 minutes ago, VernRDH said:

Shouldn't you make diamond after the 7 night with the current double points situation? I believe they are doing double points for all cruises through the end of the year still, unless something changed?

Had to be booked by a certain date and sail before the end of the year.  Also you receive the new status on the next cruise. Points aren't applied until after you complete your cruise.