New policy: 2 bottles of wine PER GUEST ! allowed on embarkation.

rubens

I’ve been watching these boards for many weeks but it looks like nobody noticed these changes. I even heard that crew onboard was not aware of this.

On Celebrity's website FAQ’s page (see picture) they now mention that you are allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine per guest (not per stateroom as before) on embarkation.

In my opinion this must be a double saving for Celebrity as because most people now have a drink package guests may eventually drink 12 glasses of wine less from package and get extra money from corkage fee from guests without package.

Screenshot Celebrity FAQs 05-10-2022.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I had seen this prior to my Edge cruise last month.  Felt like this was 'unofficially' being allowed for a while, but I never took advantage--though. I think others wisely did.  Given the ever-increasing holes in their on-board cellars, this may be a smart defensive (money-saving) move for them.

• Like 1

I noticed it said if you have the Classic or Premium beverage package the corkage fee does nor apply.  Is that a change?  We rarely bring wine aboard and when we do never take it to the dining room. 

33 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I noticed it said if you have the Classic or Premium beverage package the corkage fee does nor apply.  Is that a change?  We rarely bring wine aboard and when we do never take it to the dining room. 

As far as I recall that was the policy before--$25 corkage unless you have the Premium package, in which case the corkage is waived (unsure about the Classic package).  No corkage if you open the bottle in your room--even if you order room service.

1 hour ago, Whinenowine said:

As far as I recall that was the policy before--$25 corkage unless you have the Premium package, in which case the corkage is waived (unsure about the Classic package).  No corkage if you open the bottle in your room--even if you order room service.

We always had premium package and was charged 25 corkage, was charged even  staying in penthouse.

Edited by George C

4 hours ago, rubens said:

I’ve been watching these boards for many weeks but it looks like nobody noticed these changes. I even heard that crew onboard was not aware of this.

On Celebrity's website FAQ’s page (see picture) they now mention that you are allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine per guest (not per stateroom as before) on embarkation.

In my opinion this must be a double saving for Celebrity as because most people now have a drink package guests may eventually drink 12 glasses of wine less from package and get extra money from corkage fee from guests without package.

Screenshot Celebrity FAQs 05-10-2022.jpg

This has come up recently in at least one other thread:

We only bring wine on board when touring a winery and have brought a couple to dinner. We have never been charged a corkage fee. However, we always drunk much wine during the cruises we have taken. I think when you do have packages they overlook the fees. If you are trying to avoid wine fees and only bring your own you will be charged. 

Since X is now including a drink package with most fares, I doubt a lot of passengers would bother to bring their wine on board. I will certainly leave mine at home on my upcoming cruise.

30 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Since X is now including a drink package with most fares, I doubt a lot of passengers would bother to bring their wine on board. I will certainly leave mine at home on my upcoming cruise.

I never bring wine onboard as I need the space for a couple bottles of hard alcohol purchased in the port or ships duty free although on my recent Eclipse sailing the pickings were extremely slim and what they had was very expensive.  I was given 2 bottles of wine in my cabin and took both home. 

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

Drink package does not include upper class wines so many people will bring a good bottle and even with 25 corkage it will be a good deal.

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I never bring wine onboard as I need the space for a couple bottles of hard alcohol purchased in the port or ships duty free although on my recent Eclipse sailing the pickings were extremely slim and what they had was very expensive.  I was given 2 bottles of wine in my cabin and took both home. 

Assuming you're drinking it on the ship you can go to the supermarket prior to embarkation and most will usually have a six pack carrier

image.png.da7bae384272d3ae19f19597dfeb95c9.png

Great find OP!  I've been saying since 2019, someone at X must have saw one of my posts.  It's the xray crews job to find bad things not to maintain an alcohol bottle to stateroom checklist.  XRay crew rarely cared anyways.  While you can put wine in your checked luggage you give to porters you'll probably need to visit the naughty room to retrieve it and that could be during an inconvenient time.  Better to carry on