No flight information from Royal caribbean and we leave on the 5th! Symphony of the Seas

Is anyone else booked on the Symphony of the Seas departing 5th June? I've been told by my travel agent that the airport is likely to change but they still cannnot confirm for sure. I've booked a package with flights organised by RCL and I have no flight information whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, judygarland2009 said:

I've booked a package with flights organized by RCL and I have no flight information whatsoever. 

The vast majority will be US customers who don't have packages like that so you may not have anyone here with your specific issue - your TA will have the best info.

The travel agent has said that originally the flights were from London Heathrow with Alitalia who have been having issues (I think they were going under and have been bought by ITA) but now the TA is saying that they are awaiting information from RCL as to the replacement flights and they may be from Gatwick airport. Just seems a bit close to the wire. The TA is saying they are awaiting confirmation from RCL and they cannot confirm for definate which airport it will be until they have heard from RCL. Says on the cruise website that you should have flight details 30 days before.

2 hours ago, judygarland2009 said:

The travel agent has said that originally the flights were from London Heathrow with Alitalia who have been having issues (I think they were going under and have been bought by ITA) but now the TA is saying that they are awaiting information from RCL as to the replacement flights and they may be from Gatwick airport. Just seems a bit close to the wire. The TA is saying they are awaiting confirmation from RCL and they cannot confirm for definate which airport it will be until they have heard from RCL. Says on the cruise website that you should have flight details 30 days before.

I’m baffled - I can’t think why Royal would book you on an Italian airline, presumably involving a change in Rome, for a flight from London to Miami - a route served non-stop by multiple airlines several times daily.

I’d talk to your TA ASAP and read them the riot act.

• Like 1

Also, make sure they have the dates right!  See above where I posted the screen from the RCI website - there is no June 5th sailing of Symphony - it sails on the 4th and June 5th is a day at sea.

Hello - I'm going on the Symphony sailing, leaving out of Miami on June 4th..... The sailing is NOT June 5th, June 5th, the ship and passengers will be at Perfect Day in Coco Cay!!
PLEASE do yourself a favor and speak directly to your TA - if no success there, call RCI directly and get everything straightened out! You have 2 weeks before the sailing, and I would be calling EVERYONE I possibly could and would've been already trying at the 30 day mark when this all should have been confirmed already! 
Good luck - hope you see you onboard! 

1 hour ago, gumshoe958 said:

I’m baffled - I can’t think why Royal would book you on an Italian airline, presumably involving a change in Rome, for a flight from London to Miami - a route served non-stop by multiple airlines several times daily.

I’d talk to your TA ASAP and read them the riot act.

Kinda like with a GTY booking, you give up some things on the booking in exchange for a lower price. 

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Kinda like with a GTY booking, you give up some things on the booking in exchange for a lower price. 

Oh I know - I’m just struggling to think of any realistic routing from London to Miami that involves Alitalia. That’s a minimum of three legs and an overnight somewhere en route. 

6 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Oh I know - I’m just struggling to think of any realistic routing from London to Miami that involves Alitalia. That’s a minimum of three legs and an overnight somewhere en route. 

Air2sea provides Turkish Air (via Istanbul of course) as one of the options flying to/from western Europe - in that context, Rome is not that far out of the way. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

The thing that would most concern me here, is that, as mentioned by a couple of other posters, there is no Symphony sailing departing on the 5th of June, which means either the ship is wrong or the date is wrong. If this is what the OP believes they have booked, they really need to be speaking to their TA about it urgently.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

The thing that would most concern me here, is that, as mentioned by a couple of other posters, there is no Symphony sailing departing on the 5th of June, which means either the ship is wrong or the date is wrong. If this is what the OP believes they have booked, they really need to be speaking to their TA about it urgently.

Yes, they do.  They should ask for a conference call with the TA and RCI to get this sorted out urgently.  I’m already a bit suspicious of he TA’s story about airline/airport changes.  If the TA won’t cooperate with a conference call, I would be even more suspicious of TA.  If the credit card charges were made by the travel agency rather than by Royal Caribbean, I’d be deeply concerned.

Just now, Starry Eyes said:

If the credit card charges were made by the travel agency rather than by Royal Caribbean, I’d be deeply concerned.

This particular part would actually concern me a bit less in this case, purely because the OP appears to be from the UK (The Midlands is a region in England), where the common practice is to pay the TA, who in turn pay Royal. In addition, bookings made through TAs in the UK are usually protected by ABTA (travel agency association), so your money is generally safeguarded, so hopefully that would be one less thing for the OP to worry about.

2 minutes ago, Cruiselyne said:

Anthem of the Seas leaves out of Southampton on June 5th not Symphony.

But that wouldn't require any flight at all for the OP. They have not said where they are sailing from but they would use ground transport to get from the Midlands to Southampton, so that can't be it.

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

This particular part would actually concern me a bit less in this case, purely because the OP appears to be from the UK (The Midlands is a region in England), where the common practice is to pay the TA, who in turn pay Royal. In addition, bookings made through TAs in the UK are usually protected by ABTA (travel agency association), so your money is generally safeguarded, so hopefully that would be one less thing for the OP to worry about.

Thanks for the info.  Personally were it my reservation, I still rather the cruiseline process the charge so I’d know the correct amount of money was applied on the correct date.  I’d want to know my vacation payment was properly processed and my vacation slot secured, not just that my money was generally safeguarded.  

A TA in the US tried this years ago; I insisted they re-do the charge.  I did not use the TA again.  A different TA declared bankruptcy before our scheduled land tour; our credit card refunded.  

I think the OP may be going to Rome to join Wonder 🤷‍♀️…. But until they come back we will never know.

Alitalia went bust last October and ITA is the new Italian carrier.  I’d be wary of using any TA who didn’t know this! 

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Saw this in a FB group

image.thumb.jpeg.7263eccebc5fba1ebcc70bdb7d2581a5.jpeg

Thank you Twangster. If only they gave this information to the Travel Agent who are being very vague or even made it obvious on their website. It's annoying now knowing which airport Im travelling from as I have at least 2 hours travel to the airport so will have to book a hotel the night before and sort parking. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, judygarland2009 said:

Im sorry. Its Odyssey of the seas Im travelling on!

I just got off on Monday, had a great time. I hope you do too despite this initial hassle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FionaMG said:

I just got off on Monday, had a great time. I hope you do too despite this initial hassle. 

I've been reading your posts and it looks fantastic. I've got Santorini, Kusadasi, Mykonos and Naples on the itinerary which are all places I've been wanting to go. 

• Like 1