Move Up Offer Help Please

eltigre

So sorry to probably beat this to death, but I can't find info I'm looking for.

First time Celebrity & I got an email offer for the Royal, Sky etc etc. I am a balcony cabin all inclusive.

Interested in a move up but the sliding scale thing confuses me.

Please offer a step by step guide on how to move up bid for a first timer on this one.

I do know it is per person and the amount you bid is for the entire cruise not per day.

Do I get to keep my all inclusive package?

If you bid is successful you keep your Always included perks( Classic beverage, surf wi-fi  & gratuities) BUT you do not get the Always Included perks of a Suite (premium beverage, stream wi-fi, on board credit) and you may be charged the extra $3 pp pd gratuity).  You would have Luminae as your dining room and access to the Retreat Lounge & Retrear Sun Deck if the ship has a Retrear Sun Deck.

If you bid & win your credit card will be charged and you will be notified, you do not have a choice of cabins and after wining you can’t change your mind.

To place a bid move the sliding scale until you see the amount you are willing to pay, then submit your bid.  
Before bidding check to see what it would cost to pay to upgrade without move up.  Occasionally the cost to Move Up isn’t much less than just paying and getting to select your suite, getting the suite perks including OBC and the extra Captains Club Points.

Good Luck.

• Thanks 1

The sliding scale is the Minimum and Maximum amount you can bid  PER PERSON.

Bidding is no guarantee you will win and often they offer categories when no cabins are available in case there are cancellations.

To start with I would look at how much you paid and the cost of the class you are bidding on.   Assume the worse cabin in the  class and you won't be disappointed.   Then bid on what you thing you would be willing to pay.

Once your bid is accepted your credit card is billed immediately and you can not change your mind.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

If I understand your message, it sounds as though you have already gone onto the Celebrity website and have accessed Move-up site.   The Move-up site will show the categories available for you to bid upon.  If the category isn't there, Celebrity has not made it available for a Move-up.  

When you place your cursor on the "sliding scale" and move it slowly to the right, you will see the minimum bid and as you move the "sliding scale" to the right, the price increases until you reach the maximum bid.

Before entering a bid for an upgrade, it is a good idea to check and see what price Celebrity is currently charging for the cabin that you are interested in.

You are correct, it is per person and the total amount bid is for the entire cruise.  Another thing to consider, Celebrity at some point may show your bid as not yet awarded, but not allow you to amend it - i.e. you can't change the amount and you can't cancel it.  I am in this situation on a June cruise.  I bid for an upgrade to Aqua, Celebrity has not awarded the bid, but I cannot cancel or amend it.  I believe it means I will be awarded the upgrade, but my credit card has not been charged and I have not received a new cabin assignment.

Finally, if your original booking included the drink package, gratuities and wi-fi you will keep those amenities.

Hope this helps!!

• Thanks 1

Thank You all! Last question, I am assuming Celebrity only charges the difference between what I have already paid on my original cabin & the new charges. I don't have to wait for a credit on the first booking.

16 minutes ago, eltigre said:

Thank You all! Last question, I am assuming Celebrity only charges the difference between what I have already paid on my original cabin & the new charges. I don't have to wait for a credit on the first booking.

Correct, if you decide not to bid and just want to pay for the upgrade at the current price then they will just bill you for the difference between what you originally paid and the price for the new booking.

The catch though is that you may be able to bid for a cabin grade that isn't available to simply purchase, as the system works by cascading people into the cabins that are freed up when they upgrade.

So for example Aqua class may be full, but you can still bid on an Aqua cabin as people in Aqua may be bidding on a SkySuite...

Edited by Mark_T
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

While a bid can be awarded at anytime, odds are you won't know if your bid was accepted or not until a day or two before the sailing.

Ours was 13 days before, so there’s quite a variance.

Be careful.  Be aware that you may get a cabin that is in a location anywhere on the ship. If location is important, don’t bid.  Also, know that most sky suites do not have a walk in shower. Only handicapped suites have it.  It’s a gamble and sometimes a way to save money.  Know prices before bidding.  With best prices guarantee, it’s often better to wait and check prices.  On my upcoming cruise, there were huge price cuts in Oceanview and inside categories. Many people cashed in and got lots of OBC.  If you bid and get it, the price guarantee doesn’t apply.  Often it is best to book what you want or wait before bidding.

7 minutes ago, NewWestwardbound said:

If I am currently in a Sky Suite and am successful in a Move Up bid for a Royal Suite or Penthouse Suite, will I receive Unlimited Speciality Dining?

Yes you would get the amenities of the stateroom which include Unlimited Specialty Dining, Bar Setup, Laundry.  But no extra CC points.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, eltigre said:

If you upgrade your cabin without bidding you will only pay the diffrence.   They just tack it on to the top

Edited by Jim_Iain