Separate charge cards

We are treating our granddaughter and her fiance to an Alaskan cruise with us in a week. We are treating cruise fare and excursions but not onboard purchases.  I have not seen, (unless I have forgotten!) where I list just my husband and I on our charge card for incidentals and she, her own charge card. Does that come for filling out in the next few days? I cannot see any place on the app to take care of this. I know we can go to guest services as soon as we board but I would like to avoid that if possible.

2 minutes ago, Wink87 said:

We are treating our granddaughter and her fiance to an Alaskan cruise with us in a week. We are treating cruise fare and excursions but not onboard purchases.  I have not seen, (unless I have forgotten!) where I list just my husband and I on our charge card for incidentals and she, her own charge card. Does that come for filling out in the next few days? I cannot see any place on the app to take care of this. I know we can go to guest services as soon as we board but I would like to avoid that if possible.

This can easily be handled at check in on embarkation day

• Like 1

It is done by booking number and stateroom with the online check under the personal information section where credit card information is requested.  As we have never requested separate cards, I don't if separate cards can be entered for all individuals in the stateroom or if that has to be done on board.  But online that would be where to start.

@smokeybandit- writing as you posted.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

14 minutes ago, poocher said:

On line check in, each passenger’s information (passport etc) is entered separately.  You can enter a different card for any or all passengers there.

DW and I always do this. We have always done this with our spending - for everything. We even have separate checking accounts (although neither of us has actually written an actual check in decades.)

Yeah, no!  We’ve been married for almost 42 years.  I handle the finances, all the finances.  Hubby wouldn’t know how to write a check if his life depended on it nor where the darn checkbook was (my purse & yes I still write 3-4 a month).  He’s worked hard & I’ve made sure we saved it well.  He says I can squeeze a dime into a quarter better than anyone he knows. 😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, poocher said:

On line check in, each passenger’s information (passport etc) is entered separately.  You can enter a different card for any or all passengers there.

I cruise with friends all the time and this is what we do.

It should be pretty easy (easier in the app) to go back in and change the card - OP just ask your granddaughter to do it. 

Unless you specifically added your granddaughter and her friend under your credit card, she and her friend should show up as having a 'cash' account.  The check-in folks at the counter can add her/his credit card to their stateroom account.

Similarly, you can ask the counter check-in agent to double check if your granddaughter was listed under your credit card.  If so, you could ask them to remove your credit card from their stateroom.

7 hours ago, Wink87 said:

I just did that for my check-in on the app. You can have separate cards for onboard purchases.

Note that if you do not pre-pay gratuities and you have daily gratuity charges their charges will go on their credit card. Be aware of this if you intended to pay their gratuities. They are treated as a room charge for each person.

1 hour ago, SG65CB said:

Note that if you do not pre-pay gratuities and you have daily gratuity charges their charges will go on their credit card. Be aware of this if you intended to pay their gratuities. They are treated as a room charge for each person.

Ty, and yes, we prepaid that as well. Also kept an eye on pricing and snagged them $448 OBC on a drop after final pymt. Yay! Nice that Royal had that in effect.

• Like 1