Recent review of Navigator of the seas

1 hour ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Hi guys, am planning to go on the Navigator ots cruise in Nov an haven't read much reviews on it. So has anybody sailed on that ship before? Thanks.

Virginia

I was just on her for 12 days. I don't feel like doing a full-fledged review.  Ask me specific questions.

Was on Navigator this past Feb.  Had a great time and I have to say the best MDR food we have had on any ship.  Could be because the ship was maybe half of the passengers she would sail with pre covid.

The ice show was fantastic and have a gumbay smash at the lime and coconut bar.

Will be sailing on Navigator again in Sept and Oct.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frank808 said:

Was on Navigator this past Feb.  Had a great time and I have to say the best MDR food we have had on any ship.  Could be because the ship was maybe half of the passengers she would sail with pre covid.

I sailed on her last month. Worst MDR food on any of the 8 or so cruises I have been on. sailing on her again next week and end of June and purchased the UDP. 

I agree the ice show was spectacular. Best show I have seen at sea, Vegas quality. Service from staff was excellent all around, very friendly. Ship clean and in good shape. Boarding and disembarkation process was smooth. Cabin in balcony was thoughtfully laid out, really like clamshell shower doors. We had cold weather and so didn’t use pools/ slides. Looking forward to it on our upcoming sailings. I think they could diversify the activities more, way too many trivia games. The app works well.     

Any other questions?

• Thanks 1

😒Don't get too excited about the ice show, or the entertainment in general. We sailed May 16 - 20 and not only was there no iSkate, there was also no Showgirls in the theater and little else either. Mediocre comic two nights (same show), a Tenor one night (really quite good) and one night  it was actually dark. I've never seen such a thing in a dozen RCCL cruises. There was no explanation of why it was like this and we were very disappointed.

Edited by ronandannette
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2022 at 10:55 PM, frank808 said:

On 5/24/2022 at 5:11 AM, Cdude said:

I sailed on her last month. Worst MDR food on any of the 8 or so cruises I have been on. sailing on her again next week and end of June and purchased the UDP. 

I agree the ice show was spectacular. Best show I have seen at sea, Vegas quality. Service from staff was excellent all around, very friendly. Ship clean and in good shape. Boarding and disembarkation process was smooth. Cabin in balcony was thoughtfully laid out, really like clamshell shower doors. We had cold weather and so didn’t use pools/ slides. Looking forward to it on our upcoming sailings. I think they could diversify the activities more, way too many trivia games. The app works well.     

Any other questions?

Quite funny 🙂 Grains of salt I tell ya......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Markmom18 said:

I just got off a B2B on the Navigator this morning. If I can help with specific questions , just ask 😊.

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Hi Markmom, did the room steward give out the cruise compass every night, is there still a captain's party & where, how bout a deck party? Haven't been on a cruise in 3 yrs an am gettin ansy. Thanks.

7 hours ago, ronandannette said:

😒Don't get too excited about the ice show, or the entertainment in general. We sailed May 16 - 20 and not only was there no iSkate, there was also no Showgirls in the theater and little else either. Mediocre comic two nights (same show), a Tenor one night (really quite good) and one night  it was actually dark. I've never seen such a thing in a dozen RCCL cruises. There was no explanation of why it was like this and we were very disappointed.

I was on April 27 to May 9.  Shows were running normally.  Cast members must have contracted covid after I disembarked.  I don't think that you can tell someone who will be on the Navigator in the future that they won't have the shows.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Hi Markmom, did the room steward give out the cruise compass every night, is there still a captain's party & where, how bout a deck party? Haven't been on a cruise in 3 yrs an am gettin ansy. Thanks.

Hi,

No the Compass no longer is delivered to your Cabin. They don’t even have them in the racks by the Guest Service Desk, if you want a paper copy you need to stand in line at Guest Services.  
   Now, I did receive paper copies of various kinds of information in my Cabin. So, perhaps this is also a money saving idea to not deliver the Compass everyday, 

Paper menus in the MDR also must be asked for …

I’ve never gone to the Captain’s Party, so can’t confirm they still have one. But, they announced other party’s over the loud speaker & in the Compass. The last night they announced the 80’s Party at 10:30pm. Too late for me … had to pack and get to bed early.

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I was on April 27 to May 9.  Shows were running normally.  Cast members must have contracted covid after I disembarked.  I don't think that you can tell someone who will be on the Navigator in the future that they won't have the shows.  

Well, apparently you can't tell them that there definitely will be, either. Like I said, we were extremely disappointed. I doubt the skaters had Covid; they did a 30 minute throw-away skills showcase on the first evening. I thought that was just a teaser of better things to come, but nope. 

Edited by ronandannette

39 minutes ago, ronandannette said:

Well, apparently you can't tell them that there definitely will be, either. Like I said, we were extremely disappointed. I doubt the skaters had Covid; they did a 30 minute throw-away skills showcase on the first evening. I thought that was just a teaser of better things to come, but nope. 

Does not mean the crew did not test positive at a later date since all crew must test weekly. If they did then they’re forced to quarantine. That may have happened. None of us have access to that information. Others have posted here that other ships had the same issue where entertainment was affected by crew testing positive and being forced to quarantine. Unfortunately that’s a possibility right now. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Hey guys, saw on youtube, an hr's video on the Navigator an it looked great. Gonna watch some more videos. They still have parades on the street?

Never saw parades on the NV. They did have parties on the Royal Promenade such as a 70’s and 80’s nights. 

16 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Does not mean the crew did not test positive at a later date since all crew must test weekly. If they did then they’re forced to quarantine. That may have happened. None of us have access to that information. Others have posted here that other ships had the same issue where entertainment was affected by crew testing positive and being forced to quarantine. Unfortunately that’s a possibility right now. 

Makes sense - too bad they don't plan for contingencies. It wouldn't be practical on all sailings but on the Navigator run they could easily board somebody to do something at Catalina or Ensenada. 

13 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

I just got off a B2B on the Navigator this morning. If I can help with specific questions , just ask 😊.

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Were the shows running? We disembarked on the 20th - the same day you got on, right? Other than the shows, everything was open, fully operational and in top-notch shape, with the exception of the movie screen which appears to be damaged. I hope you had better weather than we did - it was May Gray and unseasonably cold and the interior venues were downright chilly. 

Edited by ronandannette

1 hour ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Since they no longer give out cruise compass, how do ya know what to do, what time the shows start & etc, etc?

Don’t assume you won’t get a Compass based on a few reports of that happening. 

34 minutes ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Hi Biker, thanks for the info. Guess its true what they say, don't believe everything you hear or read. No offense to anyone here!!

Ask your room steward for a paper copy of the compass when you first meet him. We received it every evening on Navigator with the exception of the first day. This was end of April. 

Edited by Coralc

9 hours ago, ronandannette said:

Makes sense - too bad they don't plan for contingencies. It wouldn't be practical on all sailings but on the Navigator run they could easily board somebody to do something at Catalina or Ensenada. 

Were the shows running? We disembarked on the 20th - the same day you got on, right? Other than the shows, everything was open, fully operational and in top-notch shape, with the exception of the movie screen which appears to be damaged. I hope you had better weather than we did - it was May Gray and unseasonably cold and the interior venues were downright chilly. 

I didn’t go to the shows, so I can’t answer your question. Yes, it was overcast and cold inside. I’m glad I wore a jeans jacket when I borded! I wore it everyday 😟. I can’t believe I never even thought of the typical May Gray/June Gloom.  I assumed once we got out of Long Beach area we’d have sunny skies.   Oh well …

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Hi Biker, thanks for the info. Guess its true what they say, don't believe everything you hear or read. No offense to anyone here!!

Whether or not you get a copy delivered (hit and miss like many other things), the Compass is available for pick-up at Guest Services. Don't let the empty racks fool you - just ask for a copy and it will be happily provided. IMO eliminating the delivery of the printed copy is a step too far. The app is a very pesky way to have to find the daily schedule. 

As someone else mentioned, ask the room steward for a copy of the daily compass and tell steward you would like one every evening for the next day.

There was open skating but it was very limited.

Do not remember a captains party on our cruise in Feb.  There was a C&A top tier party open to everyone plat and above.