Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

8 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

Finally caught up. Food is looking great all around. I’m not sure how I feel about pastry used as a cooking aid and then presumably discarded but it certainly adds to the decadence factor.

Based on the pics, you’ve definitely got a lotta sweet nooks! Can I say that?

I'm going to have to look up the definition of sweet nooks, but I assume it's some kind of compliment:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm going to have to look up the definition of sweet nooks, but I assume it's some kind of compliment:)

Referring to all the comfy posh looking sofas and other lounging furniture in various ship corners. Eh, never mind. Is this thing on? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Just now, KmomChicago said:

Referring to all the comfy posh looking sofas and other lounging furniture in various ship corners. Eh, never mind. Is this thing on? 

In that case, yes. There's probably more unique seating on this ship than every other one combined...

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Sid, did you bring "the" shirt this time? If so, I would suggest wearing it and walking through "certain" pool deck areas. Just for fun. :-))

The dirty one, or the one with the orange guy on the front? I left them both at home in favor of a whole new batch... Those shirts have stirred up enough trouble already:)

• Haha 14

I've been limiting the access for the cabin steward again this cruise. Just towels and water, that's all I need, thanks... My last cruise on the Mardi Gras, I just left the do not disturb sign up the entire time, but at one point he INSISTED on getting in. My current cabin steward is totally cool with it. Less work for him...

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I've been limiting the access for the cabin steward again this cruise. Just towels and water, that's all I need, thanks... My last cruise on the Mardi Gras, I just left the do not disturb sign up the entire time, but at one point he INSISTED on getting in. My current cabin steward is totally cool with it. Less work for him...

I’m pretty sure I read something from JH that the cabin stewards are required to check the cabins once every 24 hours for safety reasons. I think he may have been referring to perhaps someone who may have decided (intentionally or unintentionally) to discontinue living.

• Like 3

Just now, blarko said:

I’m pretty sure I read something from JH that the cabin stewards are required to check the cabins once every 24 hours for safety reasons. I think he may have been referring to perhaps someone who may have decided (intentionally or unintentionally) to discontinue living.

Yes I think I’ve seen similar guidelines. They can’t just let a person enter their room at embark to perhaps find their ultimate salvation immediately and, err, ferment entirely unnoticed until either a passing service dog or the call to final disembark leads to an unfortunate discovery. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Honestly, it's just not that important to me, I just thought it was interesting that dozens and dozens of other reviewers have the designation... I'm as rare as they come, no matter what CV thinks of me:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

Hey now. Let’s keep this friendly! We crappy livers are still in The Club over here holding up the walls.

I think they are looking for dates in the title as well. I was pegged again immediately when I started my current thread weeks early with a note from CC that “promotion” would begin the 29th, i.e. one day before sailing.

What part was unfriendly 

• Like 3

I've been catching some rays up at Richard's Rooftop, followed by a dip in the hot tub... I think that my "brain fog" has returned today, as I'm having a difficult time focusing, in more ways than one... I still don't have any sort of specific plan for today. I do want to possibly get outside the port and see what's out there. I don't know what type of food or beverages might be "local" to this part of the Caribbean. We'll see. I'm going to take a shower, and hopefully that resets my mind... Who knows, I might just end up calling it a sea day...

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, purpleally said:

What part was unfriendly 

Sorry that was meant as a semi private fun ribbing for Sid. His comment could be interpreted as vaguely suggesting other already-designated “rares” might not be as rare as himself. I’m certainly not, but here we are.

I’m obviously falling flat here as this is the second failed attempt at humor this morning so back to quietly listening today. Happy sailing Sid.

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

Out of the shower, and ready for whatever I might get into (or not) today... I'm going to "self censor" my costume of the day, just so as not to stir up any more trouble... You'll just have to use your imagination;-)

PXL_20220529_151200460.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

5 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Out of the shower, and ready for whatever I might get into (or not) today... I'm going to "self censor" my costume of the day, just so as not to stir up any more trouble... You'll just have to use your imagination;-)

PXL_20220529_151200460.jpg

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I've prepared my Level II bug out bag (Publix plastic bag), containing handi wipes, cash, my hat, and spf chapstick (TM)... I'm going to go out onto Planet D.R. and see what I can see...

PXL_20220529_152734932.jpg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

The dirty one, or the one with the orange guy on the front? I left them both at home in favor of a whole new batch... Those shirts have stirred up enough trouble already:)

The dirty one, of course! LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I suppose that you could say that I had a decent little adventure into Republica Dominican... When I left the ship, I had absolutely no idea what to do or see. I just walked straight through the port area, and out to the exit of the port. There, I ended up finding a taxi driver to give me some kind of tour of who even knows what. He said $35, and we were off...

I just said that I wanted to see some of the local culture. No kind of cigar factory tour or whatever else people normally do here. We headed out past the local beach area and came to a "local Dominican restaurant"... There was a beach, and I ordered a local beer: Presidente.

PXL_20220529_155109197.thumb.jpg.dabc086a2cd6aba405c404bd6e0462d6.jpg

PXL_20220529_160424684.thumb.jpg.606857da976b6b7bbd66902534114239.jpg

PXL_20220529_160428536.thumb.jpg.f9b7877951b74d9406417357b8ba62fc.jpg

PXL_20220529_160653115.jpg

• Like 7