The Daily for Wednesday 05/25/2022

richwmn

5 hours ago, mamaofami said:

On the bright side, our 16 year old grandson is competing in Philadelphia today in a coding contest. he is one of 10 finalists out of 100 schools full of kids who participated.

Congratulations to your grandson!  Sounds like he could help you fix your computer issues.  Whenever I have a computer problem in my classroom, I get a student to fix it.🤣

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Booster shot was a piece of cake - thanks everyone 👍 No wait and because I haven’t had any reaction to my other 3 shots, I didn’t even have to do the 15 minute wait afterwards - Out in 5 minutes.

Pharmacist was very kind - they got the notification to remove Jose’s medicare number from their records already 😱 

Well, the bank estate people told my Financial Planner and I the wrong thing and Jose’s last pension which is automatically deposited was returned by the Bank so I had a very unpleasant surprise this morning when I saw I was overdrawn.  😡. My FP is making it right until I get the cheque which now has to be mailed payable to the Estate.  To say I was upset this morning is putting it very mildly.

And I have another bee in my bonnet that has been buzzing for a while - so I am just going to spit it out and hope the bee stops buzzing.. I am tired of looking for good memes to find to use for birthdays, anniversaries and now Bon Voyages and have them taken by someone else making me go look for new ones.

8546F4FB-70B3-4B14-A3DB-742E4068AAA8.jpeg.ea911f55cbb70a8ba38ba84a6a4df060.jpeg

@grapau27I’m sorry but I don’t think it’s fair that you keep copying my memes forcing me to go look for new ones so the same ones don’t appear.  This may sound petty, but it takes time to find them.  Please stop and find your own.

C0C5F96C-3E50-4CD5-8C83-BC0FD2CC00C5.jpeg.f87ac3e480891ef7f92b14b34f73b01e.jpeg

Thank you.

I'm so sorry you feel offended.

I promise I will never post another meme.

God Bless.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Happy Wednesday!

DH had his surgery yesterday and the dr said it went well.  Dh is on heavy painkillers with a big incision which looks good, and is walking around.  So, I guess he will be fine!

Thanks again for kind posts, you can probably take him off the care list!  

• Like 24

Just now, Cat in my lap said:

Happy Wednesday!

DH had his surgery yesterday and the dr said it went well.  Dh is on heavy painkillers with a big incision which looks good, and is walking around.  So, I guess he will be fine!

Thanks again for kind posts, you can probably take him off the care list!  

I'm pleased your husband has had his operation and is doing well.

I see my doctor in the morning for the results of my knee x-rays then I have an appointment with the practice nurse for a PSA blood test.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I feel for missing children and their families; always so happy to hear when they are found safe. I used to brown bag it most of the time in my school and working years. Thank you to @grapau27 for the explanation of Towel Day.

Pride and Prejudice is a favorite of mine. I would give the meal a try...I think roasting the cauliflower would be best.

My heart aches for the families of the lost in yesterday's shooting. This horrific act has consumed my thoughts.

Thinking of each of you, but difficult to write much else at the moment. Maybe I'll take a walk on the beach to reflect and try to clear my mind.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

Thank you Julia.

You are very welcome.

Graham.

• Like 10

This afternoon turned into a nice day.  The sun is out and the temperature is comfortable even though it is still windy.

DH and I spent part of the afternoon fixing the generator on the motorhome.  Truth be told, DH did the work, and I was the gofer.  😄  He first thought it was the switch on the dashboard, but it wasn't, which was probably good since the switches are difficult to change.  We then had to slide the generator out the front of the motorhome, which is done by pushing a switch.  But before we could push the switch, we had to loosen the plexiglass "bra" on the front of the motorhome, after we moved the shelves and table in front of it.  Long story short, it was one of three 15amp fuses, and once it was changed, the generator started right up.  It was moving things and loosening then reattaching the bra that took the time.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm happy that getting the booster went so well.  Just YIKES 😱 on the mess with the bank.  Hope the rest of your day was better.

@sailingdutchy  Tony, I wish I had an answer to your question.  It should be none, but I'm afraid too many people will not let that happen.  

@Cat in my lap  That is good news that your DH's surgery went well, and he is home and doing well.  Hope the pain subsides quickly.

@grapau27  Graham, sending good wishes for a good report tomorrow.  Hope the doctor has an answer for your sore knees.  Also, hope your PSA test results are good.

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

This afternoon turned into a nice day.  The sun is out and the temperature is comfortable even though it is still windy.

DH and I spent part of the afternoon fixing the generator on the motorhome.  Truth be told, DH did the work, and I was the gofer.  😄  He first thought it was the switch on the dashboard, but it wasn't, which was probably good since the switches are difficult to change.  We then had to slide the generator out the front of the motorhome, which is done by pushing a switch.  But before we could push the switch, we had to loosen the plexiglass "bra" on the front of the motorhome, after we moved the shelves and table in front of it.  Long story short, it was one of three 15amp fuses, and once it was changed, the generator started right up.  It was moving things and loosening then reattaching the bra that took the time.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm happy that getting the booster went so well.  Just YIKES 😱 on the mess with the bank.  Hope the rest of your day was better.

@sailingdutchy  Tony, I wish I had an answer to your question.  It should be none, but I'm afraid too many people will not let that happen.  

@Cat in my lap  That is good news that your DH's surgery went well, and he is home and doing well.  Hope the pain subsides quickly.

@grapau27  Graham, sending good wishes for a good report tomorrow.  Hope the doctor has an answer for your sore knees.  Also, hope your PSA test results are good.

Lenda

Thank you so much for your kind wishes Lenda.

Graham.

• Like 8

Well, I don’t know why I am so late to the game tonight.

i have been trying to get some things done around the house that I have been putting off,.

I appreciate the prayers for Jim’s surgery. Looks like the Doc got all the cancerous lesion and he is good to go.

I am finding that as soon as I o something I get very tired. So I do as much as I can and stop.

Guess, this Covid really took a hold on me.

Now that I know the Jim is okay, I am going to make an appointment to see my PCP at the Mayo Clinic and see where we go from there.  It is time anyway to get another blood test.

Also my both hands are giving me trouble again so it is time to see the hand surgeon to have another round of Carpal Tunnel surgery.  So tomorrow I will start getting those appointments set up.

As for the days, there are many missing children in this country. And Now we also have 19 more not only missing, but deceased.  In my working days, I brown bagged it almost every day.  And I always loved the towel animals on the cruises.

Never been to Oslo.  

I’ll pass on the meal.  Cauliflower is not one of my favorites. But the wine sounds nice.

Thank you Rich and Roy for the lists.

Prayers to all who need them.  Especially to those who have lost their precious children in the senseless shooting in Uvalde, Texas.

God bless,

Terri

• Like 11

Since I won't be online meaningfully until I'm set up in my new room I'll preview the Thursday lists.  @grapau27 I'll be thinking of you and may have a look at things on my IPAD-mini but if it calls for much of a response that will wait until I have a laptop running.

Today’s care list:

Robb Elementary School
Malinda with stage 4 cancer
Wildfire near durango scots
kazu dealing with banking failures
Grapau27 knee x-ray results
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
Buddy with continuing problems ad problematic bone scan
From the rotation:
Cruzin Terri with continuing health problems
oceansaway17
Ukraine
St. Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome to the Daily, Judypops
Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Hawaii getaway forRowsby
Surgery set for dfish 1 June
cunnorl weekend wedding trip to Naples(FL)
Mamaofami’s grandson
ottahand7 arrival at their cabin
catinmylap DH successful surgery

Successful surgery for Jim Cruzin Terri DH
2 days for Dismomx5 and lazey1 (Koningsdam 5/28 to 6/4)
Bon Voyage StLouisCruisers and kb4683(Island Princess 5/26 to 6/29)
rafinmd (Adventure OTS to May 31), Atexsix (Discovery Princess to 5/29), and kochleffel (NCL Jade to 5/29)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Since I won't be online meaningfully until I'm set up in my new room I'll preview the Thursday lists

Thanks Roy.  Very thoughtful of you. 👍 

I will copy and paste it to today’s Daily (unless Rich does it of course).

Hope everything goes smoothly for you today 🤞 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Since I won't be online meaningfully until I'm set up in my new room I'll preview the Thursday lists.  @grapau27 I'll be thinking of you and may have a look at things on my IPAD-mini but if it calls for much of a response that will wait until I have a laptop running.

Today’s care list:

Robb Elementary School
Malinda with stage 4 cancer
Wildfire near durango scots
kazu dealing with banking failures
Grapau27 knee x-ray results
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
Buddy with continuing problems ad problematic bone scan
From the rotation:
Cruzin Terri with continuing health problems
oceansaway17
Ukraine
St. Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome to the Daily, Judypops
Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Hawaii getaway forRowsby
Surgery set for dfish 1 June
cunnorl weekend wedding trip to Naples(FL)
Mamaofami’s grandson
ottahand7 arrival at their cabin
catinmylap DH successful surgery

Successful surgery for Jim Cruzin Terri DH
2 days for Dismomx5 and lazey1 (Koningsdam 5/28 to 6/4)
Bon Voyage StLouisCruisers and kb4683(Island Princess 5/26 to 6/29)
rafinmd (Adventure OTS to May 31), Atexsix (Discovery Princess to 5/29), and kochleffel (NCL Jade to 5/29)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists and for your concerns for me Roy.

I have moderate osteoarthritis in both knees and the doctor is arranging for steroid injections in my knees then physiotherapy.

Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for today's lists and for your concerns for me Roy.

I have moderate osteoarthritis in both knees and the doctor is arranging for steroid injections in my knees then physiotherapy.

Graham.

Just before I shut down, sounds like not the best but a good plan.

Roy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1